The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Haha definitely seem to!

I agree, I think N’s X powers come from either drinking more or from drinking so much they lose control and enter a blood frenzy.

Not sure if the agency would make it two category situation though, but it is of course possible. We still know relatively little about the agency as such. But their hunger and restraint from drinking blood is very likely related. They are not keen on being tier X, that’s for sure. Which is why I want to see it in future books. :joy:

As for them having a problem with their vampirism, I think N would be the only one. Not just because of their possible destructive powers, but because they “miss humanity”. A actually states that he doesn’t regret it and wouldn’t want it any other way. M also seems to be content with it and F - well, F just is a vampire and never knew anything else.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was specifically talking about N. I would be real worried if F had issues with vampirism, that’s a little more than can be tacked to trauma lol

2 Likes

I agree but I also think that because of N’s apparent longing for humanity long past, (now bear with me), that in the future of there is a life or death situation for the MC and the LI/LI’s have to make a choice of if to turn MC or not, I think that N may not choice is unless MC has made their desire for eternal attachment incredibly clear that N doesn’t miss their humanity as much as their love for MC.

This is probably my self wish for the future, but I’d personally relish the opportunity to have that choice. Even if I played at N or the other vampires for that scene.

3 Likes

So, if N drinks less to keep themselves in check, what’s going to happen when they (for whatever life or death reason) taste MC’s supertasty and powerful blood??

1 Like

That’s just it! Is their love for MC stronger then their lust for blood? Cause if not the other members will undoubtedly save MC and restrain N who when ‘sobered up’ so to speak will be incredibly guilt ridden and ashamed, adding to even more angst we all seem to love!

8 Likes

Oh, this is going to get so angsty, I love it!

5 Likes

And it could be an outcome for all members of UB not just N, where the taste of MCs blood is so strong it overwhelms them all, unless they care enough about you.

I’ve read a fanfic once dealing with that exact same issue on AO3, but couldn’t find it anymore. TLDR; N goes mad, kills the detective, goes into hiding and UB chases after N, led by a particularly raged A.

If any of this happens my heart will explode :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think anyones heart will be intact if that happens! But we’ll all be here to mutually breakdown together!

1 Like

Yeah… No. :sweat_smile:
That’s something I’m not dealing with. I don’t mind a bit dark, but that’s too much for me to enjoy.

3 Likes

I agree, totally!

1 Like

Plus at some point I’m certain that there’ll be trouble in paradise for the couple’s people have gone with, I’m sure A and MC will undoubtedly fall out over a decision, not major major break up and never talk again, but a ohhhh drama! Kinda falling out!

Which could be a catalyst for UB decision come such an event. I hate myself right now for thinking such dark thoughts!

1 Like

See a version I would be comfortable with would be N losing it and HURTING the MC, fleeing and if the bond is strong enough, the MC going after them to get them back, taming the beast in the long term.
Can’t kill that romantic in me.

6 Likes

Yeah, despite how much I love dark things if it’s written right, I don’t think my heart would survive that😅. I had to almost rewrite my headcanon by reading that.

Sera, if you’re reading this, plz don’t expose N’s Tier X powers. I will give you cookies​:cookie::cookie::cookie:

3 Likes

Hahaha, I want them to be exposed, because I want N to find a way to deal with them, instead of trying to pretend that they don’t exist. I want the MC to be that rock, that N can depend on.

5 Likes

Hmmm, this fic wouldn’t happen to have A dying at the end as well, would it?

Yeah. It was an LT route detective, I think.