The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Heeeey, I have a question that’s killing me inside :Can we kiss Adam? I read we can kiss Nate and even have sex with Mason! But Adam? Idk man I don’t want to wait for book 3 to make that happen!

1 Like

All RO’s have their own pacing.

A is slow burn and doesn’t offer the chance for a kiss, because it takes them forever to come to terms with their feelings and their willingness to allow the detective in. I am pretty sure Book 3 will finally give us the chance, though. Probably not what you wanted to hear - sorry.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who cannot decide if I should “help” Tina/Verda discover the supernatural world?? It’s a really hard choice to make :thinking: :persevere:

8 Likes

You are not alone :joy: i know we can try various choices in interactive fiction but then, damm , some choices do have their consequences and i end up feeling bad when i choose something considered as less good :sweat_smile: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, I am still unsure about that choice …

I can’t get myself to encourage Verda … because he has a close family around and moved to Wayhaven to protect them! Knowing what we know, I cannot help myself that I wouldn’t want to put him and his family in a possible position, as the detective has experienced. Obviously - Tina may have family as well, but since she never speaks about them … I didn’t feel as bad and her reaction… is awesome :smiley: Still not feeling 100% comfortable with it though, cause she’s my detective’s best friend from the normal world … so putting her at a potential risk …

8 Likes

I kind of see them figuring it out eventually, whether you tell them or not (at least one of them should still be investigating the supernatural even if you silence one of them, right?) 3 of my 4 detectives help them do it, since they’re not big on the secret-keeping.

If that is what you feel,do Not encourage Verda, I was so angry with me that I did. He wanted to leave, and did not answer If He will come Back. :sob:

2 Likes

Yeah I think Bobby probablyalready believed in the supernatural before, and he seems to know more than he lets on, but has no proof. He might be working for someone involved at a bigger level, or he might just be a really pushy and aggressive reporter and/or conspiracy theorist who thinks MC is his golden ticket to fame or something. He seems to always assume the MC is afraid to talk, so there’s literally nothing MC can say that doesn’t look suspicious to him. Plus I mean, it’s kinda weird for the MC to be hanging out alone up in a tree in the woods, so everything MC says and does looks pretty suspicious. :sweat_smile:

It cracks me up though, because he is on to the MC and what they are up to…but Bobby is so completely selfish and out for himself, he’s own worst enemy and no one will ever believe him.

5 Likes

Haha, well he’s selfish alright!

Though I don’t think the MC is extremely suspicious in the forest. They’re walking home. And sure, Bobby may have seen the detective and UB member starting to walk down that path, but that’s not to say, that they couldn’t have split up and the MC stopping, could have been due to them hearing Bobby call. What bugged me at that scene though … he’s staring at the spot, where the LI has been standing. He’s not looking around, trying to see where they may have gone, but stares at the spot and even the detective notices it and is very uncomfortable about it. Like he could see an imprint or some sort…

5 Likes

And that’s game set and match! Now back to theorising and talking all things Wayhaven! How are you all?!

2 Likes

Still knee deep in theories :joy:

3 Likes

Excellent that’s what I like to hear!

1 Like

Oh yeah I see what you mean now. Well it was explained back when Rebecca was going over the different tiers that tier 2 can include some humans who have enhanced abilities, so maybe some humans can actually sense when a supernatural is around, and maybe Bobby did. Perhaps that’s a reason why Bobby is so obessed about exposing the MC and willing to do anything, because its personal? I doubt Bobby is a supernatural himself though, because then wouldn’t one of the others have sensed it?

10 Likes

I must admit, Bobby never really plays a factor to me, I just ignore them for the most part and are just civil to them haha

1 Like

Oh … that’s interesting, indeed.

Him being able to sense it, and considering, that Wayhaven hasn’t been a home to supernaturals since yesterday but seemingly for a long while (considering the MC’s dad) - he could have always felt it? Maybe he’s seen other things before. That would indeed make it personal and could also explains some of his douchy…ness. Trying to prove to himself, that he’s not crazy?

4 Likes

My fave theory is N is a vampire AND a siren. This explains his 8 and X tiers, explains his singing in the dining room and could explain not killing with his hands (but with his voice) also ties in to him being turned at sea. .

13 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard about that one as well. Whether or not he’d be partially Siren or inherited/developed such a trait, I am not sure. Since N is a vampire - and not a natural born one (so no two different supernatural parents) but a human born one, I have a hard time figuring out, how he would be ‘part’ Siren. But what was pointed out, that human born supernatural develop different abilities and traits, so that could be an option.

Edit:

Could the circumstances, under which they were turned - maybe influence the powers they developed? A being incredibly strong - and being a warrior in his own time, this would suit him well. M having undergone tests and experiments that maybe attempted to manipulate his senses - could the ability to overwhelm others with his. N, having been turned at sea could maybe go into that direction?

4 Likes

Could UB powers be in anyways related to the environment they were turned in or their natural traits? Like N was turned on sea so siren, sea??? Probably a stretch, but maybe traits is more of a likely theory for power generation.

1 Like

Ahaha … seems we think alike :laughing: Just put in my edit

1 Like

I honestly feel that the reason N’s power tier fluctuates is because they are an 8 when they’re restraining themselves from drinking appropriately and an X when they drink as much as a typical vampire would.

F poked at the fact that N doesn’t drink as much as the rest of the team in Book 1, and we know that the scent of MC’s blood could overwhelm them when fighting Murphy… I worry that maybe N struggled with control issues in the past, or that they greatly fear losing control, and that this causes them to practically starve themself.

It seems to me they have seem deep seated personal issues with their vampirism. :disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes