The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Oh shoot, then it might not be the one I’m thinking of. Just in case it is, though, I’m gonna link the fic to you but in the NSFW chat bc it’s… :slight_smile: it’s dark, y’all.

I personally can only take so much dark - well written, or not.
Don’t get me wrong - I love good, dark aspects - as long as there is the sliver of hope at the end of the tunnel that you will eventually move towards to.

Fiction helps me deal with the world and real life - and I do enjoy a possible happy ending.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I totally get that.

But sometimes I just like to make myself cry?? A lot?? But I still get what you’re saying, and luckily for us Sera isn’t as evil as I am so we’re definitely not gonna get our hearts torn out and stomped on—LT excluded, but hey even that will end relatively happily as there won’t be any hard feelings involved bc LOVE conquers ALL.

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think that Sera would go that far, at least not for TWC.
And crying is good for your mental state. Sometimes it’s good to just let it all out. And I’m built pretty close to the waters … if you know what I mean :sweat_smile:

But then again, different people also feel a different amount of pain or uncomfort from situations. Some can deal with physical pain better than mental pain and vice versa. For fictional settings, I enjoy emotional and physical turmoil and torture but with a meaningful way to overcome, heal and grow. Don’t mind, if it is NSFW either.

I am a creature of simple pleasures, really.

1 Like

Yeah, for people who’s going to the NSFW thread, plz don’t read the fic on the link that @rose-court posted rn. It…doesn’t end well, for anyone to be involved really. Unless you like angst and dark stuff in general.

Also, I’m curious, who wrote this fic btw?

1 Like

Oh, I just want to emphasize this a lot because I grew up being taught that expressing emotion was a sign of weakness and it took me a long time to stop berating myself whenever I would cry, when it’s not! Crying is an expression of extreme stress and even happiness (tears of joy, anyone?), there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it and in this house we encourage each other to express themselves in a healthy manner!

Granted, I think I’ve overcorrected things for myself, lol, but oh well.

twas me and i have no regerts

8 Likes

I can respect that

2 Likes

That’s the plot twist of the century right there😂

1 Like

Well, I’m glad to hear that you were able to allow emotions and hope you continue to be able to do so. Crying is emotion - in it’s purest form, no matter if due to stress, anger, joy, fear or excitement.
I hope you get to shed some guilt free from now on.

And I have to agree with @moonfungus - this is a plot twist :laughing:

3 Likes

djdjjsjd y’all

i can write happy things too!! i just!!

uh…

well idk why i dont do it more often, laziness most likely, but i also wanna inform all y’all falk lovers about the nsfw chat :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

Alright, you have to tell me of an instance of when people cry due to excitement😂 At least, I haven’t seen it yet🤔

I think half of all human ideas don’t get written or executed due to laziness😂, no offence intended

2 Likes

Well this is unexpected…

Don’t make me list the meanings of excitement to you … :joy:
But besides that - maybe anticipation may be a better word.

1 Like

I cry whenever I see friends who I haven’t seen for a long long time. Or out of relief. A few years back there was a shooting in the city my dad and brother worked in and they weren’t answering their phones. I cried like crazy when they came home unharmed.

And then sometimes when I’m driving I see someone walking their dog and I get so overwhelmed by my instantaneous love for that precious doggeroo that I have to pull over and wipe away my tears of love.

2 Likes

@Chaneyi @rose-court I understand now

1 Like

Does anyone else imagine Elidor as an eight foot elephant man, trunk and all? I know he doesn’t look anything like that, but it’s been stuck in my head since book 1 and that’s the image I have of him. I feel like a crazy person.

3 Likes

Weirdly I picture him like your stereotype Scandinavian, tall, blue eyes, blonde, thick accent, stoic but with a heart of gold.

That’s definitely more realistic though. He is supposed to be handsome too so it fits.

Is that…are you talking about an elcor from Mass Effect? lol

Nah, I just imagine Elidor to be v v v pretty with blue hair to die for and a scowl that can outclass and outwither A’s any day.

And luckily for my detective he dotes over her bc she’s a good patient darn it.

4 Likes