The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

Peak degeneracy right there. Think of the children!!!

9 Likes

God I love this community

4 Likes

Well y’know😏

That sounds exciting😏ngl

Believe the option will be given at the very end of the series, during the epilogue.

I hope so.

I do. Solely so my MC can be w/ N forever. My other MC probably not so much since they’re not romantically involved w/ anyone & probably wouldn’t want to spend their immortal lives just being friends w/ the group

1 Like

I think two of mine went with the “aggressive cuddling” option, while one of them is waiting for three key words before going at it.
I figured that my A-mancers are in it for the long haul. Some might feel emotionally frustrated, but, otherwise, aren’t about to pressure her to really do anything outside of her comfort zone. 900 years of emotional walls aren’t coming down easily, and it’s better to use a hammer and chisel than dynamite.

5 Likes

Me too. Hopefully we might get the option to get turned in either this or the next book.

If Sera gives that option, it will be at the very end of the series. She has stated that it is important to the story for the MC to be human throughout it. If I get the energy later, I’ll dig up a link for you.

7 Likes

The author still has agency over the how’s and why’s of the game because as the author, it is still their game and their story. if Mishka doesn’t want to write a vampire sim, she isn’t going to.

kind of a lot! the story the games follow would be vastly different if the MC were not human. not to mention what can be said of human resilience and adaptability through the MC! they have a different perspective on the world and their surroundings than Unit Bravo exactly because they’re human.

45 Likes

ah, sockpuppet…

Probably imagine dracula turning that poor woman into a vampire but without the burial

2 Likes

It still is your decision, just at a later point in time.

If I recall correctly, turning into a vampire wasn’t explained, was it? They said it was a complex process so I wonder what kind of ritual would it be.

1 Like

Maybe it’s something exciting🤘🏾

I’m not sure… it has to be something that doesn’t require the future vampires cooperation. I don’t see A or N voluntarily becoming vampires. I’m not sure if M would either. I’m also curious if it’s a ritual, or if it’s something that in rare cases can happen by accident. Like, “if a vampire feeds but doesn’t kill in the light of a blood moon, the the venom transforms rather than kills”, or something like that. Either way, it won’t be quick and easy

2 Likes

Sera has said (it’s on tumblr, if you want to search for it), that a vampire has to intentionally release a venom (not sure that’s the word she used) to turn someone. It’s not just done by a bite. When that venom/whatever is released, the person turns.

It’s a painful process because the person changes physically into the most ideal version of themselves. Wounds heal, scars go away, they may get taller or thinner or more muscular. The process is rough and can kill the person, so it’s not typically done on people who are too old (or those who are close to death).

I remember her saying that N changed the most when turned–went from like 5’4" to 6’4" or something.

You can go through these tagged asks to get more info:

To help out a bit more, here are a couple of direct links:

About the venom, the process, and biting.

About beginning the process.

On the connection between the human and vamp who turned them.

21 Likes

That’s a hell of a growth :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

I know, right? I think it’d be funny if my 5’1" detective didn’t grow a bit when turned. It’d piss her off so bad and make me laugh. :smiley:

7 Likes

Can I just say how much I appreciate how you adding links to tumbr when you reference an ask. I do not have the brainpower to go through old asks. I was looking for a specific ask the other day, and was searching tumblr for like 2hours because the search function was no help.

Lol. One of my detectives, Areylia, is 4’11", and keeps telling everyone she’s 5’0" because in her words 11 and 3/4 inch is close to 5’0" than to 4’11", so by rules of rounding it should be 5’0", but her driver’s license says 4’11". Although, I think she secretly enjoys being short, and would actually be disappointed if she had an N style growth after turning. (If she does. I’m still not sure she will.)

3 Likes