The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

Maybe our MC is already an ideal version of themselves and the only effects would be maximize our physical appearance.

I mean, it would be really weird if MC got taller/shorter (?) and their coworkers saw them like that, wouldn’t it be?

4 Likes

aren’t y’all jumping the gun a bit on the whole wanting a choice to turn into a vampire thing?

we ain’t even halfway into the whole thing yet, didn’t sera say something about Wayhaven being seven books in total and the possible choice of turning into a supernatural is only at the end? we don’t even have that much info on the detective’s mcguffin blood and frankly we’re still to early to see how it all pans out.

I’m only interested in the romance angle tbh. I just want mommy ava and her lovely detective to just get it on. The latter is already is quite special even without being a vampire because of the whole thing with their blood.

8 Likes

A milenia of trauma is hard to overcome in a year, and you know… we need material for 7 books…

16 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve been locked out of this thread since the demo dropped and I didn’t know how to fix it (apparently I had to spend time in other threads), so I didn’t get to say my opinion on the final demo.

I did a couple of different routes before book two came out until I ventured into the M route and have been a committed M-mancer since, so I can only comment on the M part of the demo.

(SPOILER WARNING)

I thought it was very exciting and made a lot of sense for my Detective and M to get into their first big fight, but it was pretty disappointing that it didn’t seem to affect their later interactions at all. It would’ve been interesting for maybe another member of UB to notice the tension during breakfast or at some point of the sort and maybe talk to M or the Detective, but in the end it felt a bit swept under the rug. Hopefully there is a little bit more conflict during the rest of the book between the couple (or at least the option to have conflict), rather than just a resolution with M acknowledging their feelings with no pain along the way.

Throughout the demo the interactions between characters feel very developped and fleshed out, which is great. I am excited to keep reading the series especially as the writing seems to keep getting even better. Bird dude is crazy but I punched him in the face so that was fun :joy:.

Staying on topic with the whole Detective turns vampire thing, I think it makes sense for a later book. After all happily ever after is easier if they both age at the same speed, but I think doing that would condition the rest of the series so I don’t see it happening in book 3.

20 Likes

yeah that has been a massive question in my head, there’s too many variables at play and we’re still in the early game

but it could really go either the detective turns vampire, takes over their mum as a potential handler for UB or they could be a field agent.

Ooor the mcguffin that is the detective’s blood with a little bit of a fancy shmancy science-y stuff turns out to have some kind of super cure all that could reverse vampirism and other supernatural stuff and have the chosen LI retire with the detective and live their lives in peace???

too much of a stretch but hey like I said, we’re still in the early game so it’s really to early.

5 Likes

Random question for you guys: what would be the worst part about you being a vampire (in real life, not the game)? For me it’s either not being able to have kids, or knowing that I can accidentally kill someone

1 Like

I think living forever would kind of suck. Even taking the obvious, you have to watch a bunch of people you care about die out of the equation, living forever kind of removes the purpose of life. It would just become, oh I’m just here for some reason. Although, I don’t know that I would like the extreme senses either, especially if it means I lose taste for food, and blood drinking is gross.

9 Likes

Living as a vampire as described in the books seems like an unpleasant experience overall. If I had to chose the worst part I would say probably being isolated from society and having my world restricted, especially considering the long lifespan. Such a small world would get boring really fast.

not if you can boink your partner for eternity…lol

18 Likes

aye, living forever with all the features of a vampire seems like a terrible existence, I’d enjoy longevity but not living forever. I’d like the sweet release of death once I’ve had my fill of life, as a certain someone once said from my once fav show “In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl’s mouth around my cock.”

the vampires in wayhaven seem to be normal living creatures tho and have fairly minimal caveats of being a vampire, unlike the cursed existence of any popular renditions of vampries like the world of darkness’ kindreds/cainites and the kuei-jins.

I wouldn’t actually mind being a wayhaven vampire tbh, specially since you don’t burn or die at the touch of sunlight, only weakened; you aren’t actually dead; you can still eat stuff albeit your enhanced senses will make food taste terrible; you’re pretty much unrecognizable from a normal human except you’re at your ideal, peak immortal condition that just so happened to be superhuman at night. you’re basically a fallout protagonist with the night person perk

but you get a +1 to all your SPECIAL stats and the bonus will get higher when you get older.

14 Likes

I think this song really suits MC feelings towards A. Vice versa. :sob: brb dreaming the scenes in my head

3 Likes

Nah, this suits Bosnian fields best

2 Likes

I introduced another one of my friends to Wayhaven recently. We take ballroom dance classes together, and after practice right after I made her play Wayhaven for the first time, she asks me which style of ballroom dancing each member of Unit Bravo would be best at, and now every time we go to dance practice, I think about Unit Bravo ballroom dancing.

1 Like

A was a noble, i suppose they would have experience in it.

2 Likes

Soooo, as a minor spoiler from the people who played the demo: if you turn down M at the apartment and the visit to Falk because you want more from the relationship, but, ehm, falter during the supernatural training and engage in ahem ahem aggressive cuddling ahem ahem at the end of Book 2 (seeing as those latter two sections don’t give you the option to turn down expressively for a deeper relationship), how does that turn out? Does M think you’re ok with just aggressive cuddling?

1 Like

I think in the game sadly yeah, it means M thinks your just ok with aggressive cuddling. I assume it sets off some sort of flag in the code that you and M have done the do. Which sucks cause I’m in the same boat as you, where I rejected M at the apartment but not at the very end of the book. :man_shrugging: What can you do I suppose.

1 Like

Aw, that’s a pity - guess I’ll need to make another savegame where I turn them down during the ending sequence.

Thanks.

EDIT: I don’t suppose there’s a way to get confirmation one way or the other from the author?

Best way of doing that would be to send an ask to the author’s tumblr, which might take a while since she gets a lot of asks in her inbox. Now, if you don’t have tumblr I could also take care if you would like.

1 Like

I don’t have it, no. I’d appreciate it, provided it’s not trouble.

EDIT: I’m glad to hear the author gets a lot of asks. Means the game is popular, as it deserves.

1 Like

No problem at all! I’ve been meaning to send in some sort of ask, and a fellow main M
mancer I’m interested in the answer as well. I kinda wish that we were given more choices at the end, cause all the rejection choices really made the MC feel like a buzzkill. Anyway, I’ll send that, like I said tho it might take a while, I could either dm you on the forum or just respond to one of your messages on here, whichever your prefer.

1 Like