The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

It really would depend on the situation and the characters involved. But, the team are adult enough (the vampires should certainly be old enough for at least some maturity of over it :smiley: ) that I imagine things would go pretty smoothly.

It won’t be a sudden thing, no, some time will pass as well, which will help.

I’m not completely sure how it will all go yet, because I have only light plans for future books and the romance arcs all the way through. It’s still not something I have worked on a lot yet, focusing my attention on getting Book One done for the moment :slight_smile:

The romances won’t really start in Book One, even if I have the ‘commitment’ choice in it, and probably some only a good way into Book Two. Choosing who to romance doesn’t mean the romance will start straight away, just means that eventually you’ll end up together- in varying ways and at varying points depending on the RO :smiley: Choosing someone just means I can tailor the stories and romances a bit better, and have it progress more smoothly.

15 Likes

I wasn’t really doubting their maturity toward the matter (well, maybe Manson/Morgan’s and Farah/Felix’s I was judging a little :sweat_smile:); I was more wondering about it due to their bond as a team. Despite the contrasting personalities, views and snark-sniping at each other, they seem be close-knit enough to work together when it really matters and have some difficulty letting a new entry into the firmly bonded group (particularly Detective MC, the very person they are assigned to body-guarding). I’ve seen that it can be awkward for some people to enter a relationship with someone who was once in a relationship with a close friend, not matter how old they were.

1 Like

Are we ever going to meet or learn about the MC’s father?

2 Likes

I didn’t even think about that, how on earth did I just go “yup MC doesn’t have a pa…moving on to vampires”
I suppose Farah is distracting enough to make anyone forget their father.

10 Likes

There are certainly plenty of people who could relate to growing up in a one parent household. In fact, none of my friends nor myself grew up living with our biological mother and father. Three have/had stepfathers and another had two moms (who ended up separating). I went from living with my bio parents, to my grandparents, to my mom and her boyfriend (and eventual husband), to living with just my mom.

Personally, I think there are plenty of people who could relate to experiences growing up with a single parent or any other living situation that isn’t with their bio mother and father. Not to say it’d be bad to write it that way; it’s just not something I see represented in fiction very often despite how common it is.

4 Likes

Yah, I grew up in a situation that wasn’t bio mom and dad. So I get that, it is nice to see it.
I was more meaning that I didn’t notice if they mentioned if MCs dad was around or not. Like if it did I missed it.

3 Likes

So per-say how would this triangle work? And would I be getting killed at the end, or mess up the team because of my chooses? I mean not saying I won’t if that happen, by any means I’m not a horrible person…But I mean if it involves Nat and Ava how could I say no😁

1 Like

hey even if that happens I would still at least do it just to see what happens, you know do it for science!

1 Like

Yes science! Yeah, for the better good! See we are good people for doing this because if we don’t who will​:thinking::joy:

precisely! Every path must be beaten, every vampire romanced, and all fighting fueled!!!

2 Likes

We will destroy the world for Science!
Also maybe possibly love.

3 Likes

Who knows it might be one in the same by the end of the series:joy:

You guys are way to enthusiastic about this. Something is definitely off about you three. Must investigate further…(walks off into a fog and disappears)

3 Likes

we’re enthusiastic for science

3 Likes

It happens so much in fiction I think we’re just conditioned not to.

@sammyboy Yeah, I get that but as it stands they didn’t die or leave, they simply don’t exist. Which considering the family plot may be for a reason. Either way, it just makes me curious about what happened.

1 Like

@Okami-Nora - Ah, I see what you mean, sorry :smiley: I’ve actually been in a close-knit group of friends where a girl was dating long-term one guy, they split up, and she started dating another friend in the group (they are now getting married). There was awkwardness and hurt feelings for a bit, but then everyone just got back on. It’ll probably be similar to that. Though, like I said, I haven’t actually formed full ideas or plans for it yet, so things are up in the air.

@Summerbones - I don’t want to go into spoilers, so I’ll let you discover about the father and things as the story progresses :wink:

@AwkwardNature - The love triangle is, again, something I’ll let you experience as the story progresses and not spoil it- it also might change in places depending on your personal MC and choices :smiley:

Quick Update

I finished Nate/Nat’s scene yesterday, which was a nice change-up from the others. I have to say, I think my favourite thing about interactive fiction is not being confined as a writer. Like, with this scene I’m doing, I am doing the four variations for the four vampires, and even though certain things always have to happen, and the same info has to be given, it’s so nice to tailor it to the different personalities. It’s awesome to see a scene develop four different ways, even though the basis is the same. I dunno, it’s just exciting for me to get to explore all these different ways instead of being confined to one thing as you would in a normal novel… end of excited babbling :smiley:

I only have to do Felix/Farah’s scene- which I hope to get finished over the weekend- and Chapter 6 will be finished. Then, it’s only Chapter 7 and the full demo will complete, I’ll just have to edit and test with readers!

Hope everyone is doing well and has a lovely weekend :slight_smile:

51 Likes

after you finish the demo I’m gonna get serious Felix withdrawal waiting for the full game ;w;

but besides that, i really enjoy your game, espescially the more in-depth choices of deciding how the MC reacts. it really fleshes out the experience~ :smile:

3 Likes

HAPPY NEWS INDEED //waves support flag

Am really excited to see a (possible) beginning of romance for the team :))

Adam/Ava though gets special mention because am infinitely more curious to see how the romance plays out given they got shot and first impression was less than stellar

13 Likes

I think this is a strong advantage to branched storytelling - be it intereactive fiction or a video game of some kind. While the story has to have a start, middle and end, the journey can vary based on player or non player character personalities or events surrounding them.

2 Likes

I just played through the demo last night, I really enjoyed it. Can’t wait to see more! :slight_smile:

1 Like