The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

SACRILEGE! Dont you jinx us Genny, dont say the “D” word!

I just had a thought… I’m not sure if it’s been asked or said before.
But according to what has already been said on Tumblr, if a vampire and human have a child, they will be born human. So… the mutation of the blood, could it be that their father is potentially supernatural? Maybe not a vampire, but something that is ‘generally’ more enticing, like a fairy (True Blood style) or something along those lines. It’s probably not accurate but still found it an intriguing and potential, even if the MC is only a human…

5 Likes

What word dance? Duck?
Could you clarify?

Starts with a D, ends with a lay. Wow that sounds wrong.

7 Likes

:thinking::smirk: no comment.

Human + vamp =gen 1
Gen 1 + different vamp = gen 2
Replicate will it do any thing to “human” offspring…

1 Like

Might this have something to do with the MCs mother working with Team Bravo? Either as a consequence of it or what prompted it? (I haven’t been keeping up with the Tumblr too much, so I don’t know if it’s been answered.)

Mom: Son, you’re secretly a vampire.
Me: But… I eat a LOT of Garlic Pizza, so… how?

15 Likes

@Seraphinite is pretty evasive when it comes to the father so there might be a probability that the father has either a supernatural or his blood has some mutation as well.

But I am pretty sure Sera confirmed that the MC is thoroughly human.

4 Likes

Okay… Hear me out. What if Murphy is the father? I mean… Maybe the blood thing does have to do with having a vampire parent and he purposely had children so he could use their blood for… something?

Isn’t Murphy is a unknown person until he was attacked? Or are you referring to the one who attacked him?

Oh, yeah, the vampire currently known as Murphy.

On my perspective, he doesn’t looked like Murphy know our MC but it is possible if his transformation cause memory lapses. XD

My bet is the MC’s father worked in the Agency as well. Probably a higher up?

1 Like

We had a speculation thread up here long ago but yes. Agent Dad was one of the guesses :)) I’d like to imagine he is. Otherwise I’d like antagonist!Dad – who is a sympathetic villain but still a villain

13 Likes

I have no idea how to use this text box thingie, so I’ll go by name but not name… linking… or whatever…

Idnester90 – I did think that and that’s probably where I’ll stay on the matter, but to be honest, this whole “Who is Daddy Dearest?” thing was just a flicker of thought that literally made me stop in my tracks. And I thought maybe I should put it out there… as a far fetched potential, maybe… and as I haven’t read anything substantial regarding him yet. It’s all just guess work that’s probably very, horribly wrong.

resuri08 – Yeah, I’ve read quite a lot about the MC being just human. But just because they are predominantly human, doesn’t mean they can’t have a slight, something, else to them. Even if it never really comes into play, like magic would or something of the like.
– but if human + vampire = human baby, then that might apply to other races too. So even if the father was something more, the MC would still be human. That’s all I was getting at. That maybe the mutation was caused by ‘special’ blood from their, potential, non-human father.

But I don’t know, it’s all just a wild guess that I dearly hope we’ll all find out soon enough! Along with much, much more! (More about the… ah… four vampires would be good enough though…!!! ^.^ )

– I cannot, cannot wait for the release. I’m so excited to get over that damned cliffhanger!! And into the thick of it. It’s very belated, I know, but congratz, Seraphinite! You’ve done a wonderful job, that words cannot truly express! ^.^

1 Like

you could use @ followed with the name you like to mention :slight_smile:
example : @EmberWolf

I think it’s personally better that the MC be human since that clearly gives the reader the eventual choice as to whether to become a vampire themselves or not.

1 Like

I think Sera said somewhere that the MC is human and will remain that way. Not completely sure though, my memory is a mess.

1 Like

As Ninja1 said, Sera confirmed that we will NOT become a vampire. Probably there will be a conversation about it ahead in the books. But our MC will remain human for the 7 books.

4 Likes

Doesn’t mean we can’t give em a hickey…:innocent:

1 Like

Still haven’t heard anything about the release. Keeping my fingers crossed though! :smiley:

Thanks for sticking with me during this last stretch, everyone, and for the encouraging messages!

As I said in an earlier post, I got some graphics up together for the release, but seeing as I’m not sure when that is now, I’ll just share them over the following week to hopefully help any disappointment if it is delayed (or build excitement if it releases on time!).

I released the first one yesterday on my Tumblr, but didn’t share here as it had blood and needles. (http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/170666775254/the-wayhaven-chronicles-book-one-dr-ethan)

But starting today, I’ll post the rest here as well as Tumblr once a day until next Wednesday!

The Agency

“There are some supernatural beings who don’t want to comply…”

Hope you enjoy them! (They are actual quotes from the game :wink: ).

I will pop on over the weekend to post the other images, but won’t be around to reply. But I will be back on Monday! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :slight_smile:

74 Likes