The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

Just dropping in and remind everyone to respect each other opinion. Each character are special in their own way and I hope that this won’t accumulate to character bashing. Sera create these characters in order for us to appreciate their personalities whether good and the bad.

Do share your thoughts. Some of us are quite vocal on our opinion with the characters but don’t get discourage, they are just putting out their own opinion on the topic and it is not necessarily bad. =)

7 Likes

Oooooh! I like this line of discussion.

The way I see it, everyone in Unit Bravo appreciates and prefers honesty, it’s more a matter of how comfortable they are with being open that differentiates F and N from A and M.

That is to say that F and N prefer for all their cards to be on the table, while A and M are content with not volunteering the information.

11 Likes

I was just about to defend N, but I see @Meira_Litch already beat me to it. :wink:

I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone on how much I love me some Mason, but saying M’s words are more than N’s… that’s a bit much. They’re just 2 different people who handle interactions with people differently.

N is not disingenuous and does not give false flattery. They are very open with their feelings and say what they mean. I know that N is not everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s totally fine, but let’s not elevate one character over another based on inaccurate proclamations. As @resuri08 said, everyone has their own preferences.

14 Likes

This is very good to keep in mind everyone! We don’t want to start shipping wars. :slight_smile: Let’s keep these discussions open but polite, please.

8 Likes

You know, I wonder about this actually—like how much will A and M really be open with the MC or if they will still try to remain tight-lipped about some things in the next book.

edit: Did I reply to my post?! I meant to @rose-court! LOL

6 Likes

Sooo… Who do you guys hope to see Sera draw next, guys? Personally I’m hoping for Nate or Nat. Out of everyone they’re the one I have the hardest time trying to visualizing in my brain… Well, more so Nate than Nat. Nat is Gal Gadot and no one can change my mind.

Well, I mean, I’m sure they’re gonna remain closed off for at least the next book. Honestly, I think A is going to take the longest to crack since they can’t admit any sort of feelings where at least M will admit they find the MC physically attractive… And then the Love Triangle, well, A is gonna try to keep those feelings at bay as hard as they can, for N’s sake if nothing else.

11 Likes

Reply Button, go home, you are obviously drunk, lol

Well, A for sure is Reigning World Champ of Not Discussing Your Feelings, so I can imagine that actually applies to other areas of their life.
I just don’t see them being comfortable enough to share something as close as their real age to an MC in Book Two, but maybe by Book Three or Four.
Same with M, I don’t see them sharing their country of origin or anything for at least another two books. Eventually, yes, but certainly not so early.

A and M I just expect will drop more hints about their backstories, but might actually be more comfortable discussing vampire physiology, especially when compared to N (this is the only subject I can see N being hesitant about).
F, being awesome, is also someone I expect to be open about vampire physiology and will probably have no issue discussing their background, but maybe some aspects of the Echo World would be touchy, a bit like A and M.

Basically, I imagine every vampire to have their own no-no subjects.

MC: A, how old are you?
A: WOULDN’T YOU RATHER LEARN ABOUT HOW WE DRINK BLOOD?

MC: N, what’s up with you and blood?
N: WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW HOW I KNEW ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON?

Sera, pls, draw Nate.

It’s not even that I’m thirsty for him tho I can’t deny the fact but more that…holy crap, I have so much trouble imagining him, it h u r t s me physically that I can’t imagine him and Charlotte’s kids cough

15 Likes

MC and F on a date
MC: So tell me about yourself, F.

F

giphy%20(5)

Four Hours Later
F: And then I fell into a hole and ended up here!
MC: …
F: Speechless, huh? I get that a lot.

N: I think A has feelings for MC. I really think they should tell them but I don’t want to push A…

F

giphy%20(4)

16 Likes

Perfect human Gal Gadot as perfect vampire Nat Sewell. Headcanon very much accepted.

http://images.asianage.com/images/aa-Cover-qmv87lsecjd2gb1n3squ0kvep0-20161220154601.Medi.jpeg

8 Likes

Friend…have I got some news for you.

tl;dr Even Sera thinks Gal Gadot would be the perfect Nat, that is—imo—canon, at this point.

6 Likes

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

I am sad I’m also having such a hard time picturing my boy Nate. I like someone’s suggestion of Godfrey Gao, but I can’t quite get the image to stick in my brain.

7 Likes

Is not this discussion just another proof at how good @Seraphinite is at this whole group dynamic and giving options and catering to so different tastes? :blush:

Vive la différence! :smiley: :hugs:

3 Likes

May I suggest Santiago Cabrera as a possible faceclaim for Nate?

Exhibit A

Exhibit B: Tender expression

santiago-cabrera-photo-6

Exhibit C

Exhibit D: Smile

1de38a8a-9acf-4ba3-a754-067ced3ce89c

Apparently he was on the 3 Musketeers so, here's possible old-timey Nate

• Styled-up dark brown hair
  • Tawny skin (although I’m not 100% sure he qualifies, tawny can means several different shades)
  • Stubble/beard?
  • Tall (6’0, but not that far off)
  • Soft-ish features?
  • Dark brown eyes
8 Likes

you have blessed me this fine evening, i thank you for this handsome so handsome bounty :bowing_woman:t2:

3 Likes

That one time I go to Sera’s Tumblr on my own initiative I am confronted with this angsty scenario for M!.. It hurts…

Who has dared to ask this?!.. You… You… Why would you ever even think of doing that…!?

@EvilChani, Thank you, for being like-minded! What a peculiar thing to thank someone for, but I do mean it.
And, please, do not stop adding to the conversation! It is always good when people join, the more the merrier.

9 Likes

We might actually learn their real age if the detective romances them. (Maybe their trying to use it as a “this won’t work necause I am old, so please stop feelings.”)

F did say they would be the detective’s guide to all things supernatural. As for touchy subjects, I imagine the story of how they passed through the portal would be no-go. Sera said it was traumatic. As a matter of fact, I don’t think any of the other would want to talk about their transitions either.

8 Likes

I think the transition may crop up in late books, specially with a Detective that will want to turn into vampire to stay with their RO. Perhaps, even if some of them would like the MC to be a vampire, I think they all would be extremely worried, as Sera has said before the transformation process is really dangerous and you can easily die. So, maybe they would get into details of how it works, just to dissuade them from doing to?

also this reminds me of one ask I sent Sera long ago, wondering how the LIs would react to a MC going berserker mode after someone hurt them, and she said M would be furious because one of M’s biggest fears, deep in the relationship, is MC to get hurt. What if he panics about MC wanting to turn, specially considering that he would like to be human again, omg the angst

8 Likes

N finds F at picnic table near an ice-cream booth.

N: F, who do you have there?
F: Oh, hey, look Ashley. We found my mom/dad. Now we just gotta find yours.
N: Are you meaning to tell me that this child is lost, and you took them to get ice-cream? F, her parents are probably worried sick!
F: Yeah, that’s why we didn’t leave the area. Why not get ice-cream while we’re here?
Kid: Hi, Mr/Mrs F’s mom/dad!

N takes over from there.

11 Likes

I did not know this… Now my mind is full with ideas for all kinds of angsty fanfics.

Especially knowing:

one of M’s biggest fears, deep in the relationship, is MC to get hurt.

…Hum, do not mind me, just pondering whilst slowly disappearing back into the shadows…

5 Likes

For those wondering about how A’s romance will go:

3 Likes