The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

It cuts back on all the other smells. Bigby, the big bad wolf does it in the Fables comics and Wolf Among Us game for similar reasons, I believe.

Edit: Quoted from the wiki: Bigby is a chain smoker, though he claims it’s to “deaden his senses enough to avoid a sensory overload from living in the city”.

6 Likes

Yeah, Sera also answered this. Smoking does dampen your senses after a while. With this we can confirm that when M started smoking, it was horrible for them, but after some time, it started to have the result they desire, which is making your sense of smell and taste less intense.

Now that I said this. Do you think the taste of blood can be overwhelming too? Or because it is their natural meal, their taste buds are designed for this.

12 Likes

Oh probably. Under the right (or wrong) circumstances. Maybe after not having any for a while or the person it comes from. coughmc’sweirdbloodcough

Edit; It’s also probably pretty different if it comes straight out of the vein, vs out of a blood bag.

1 Like

I would think not? From what I understood the reason most human food is overwhelming for them is because it’s a mix of a lot of different ingredients and they taste every single one, where blood is just blood. I would imagine that even M and A could also drink water and be fine.

5 Likes

Awww… Little Felix is an eye catcher… I’m so happy for you @Mewsly. XD Now, I am waiting for Adam and Mason.

Edit: I am almost of likes again. I wish I could give out more likes. XD

2 Likes

I see a lot of fanart in my future if we start getting references from the author herself

2 Likes

Welp. I spent my day showing Felix to my closest friends yelling “look how handsome my vampire husband is” so I think I had a productive day. How about ya’ll?

7 Likes

Well, you found a like-minded person here. Everything you said about M is what I love about him. A compliment from him, even an off-handed one, is worth a thousand from Nate, IMO. Because Mason is never going to tell you something specifically to make you feel better, lol. He’ll say it because he means it and that’s that.

I admit I do want to get past the hard coconut shell into what lies beneath, though. He’d still be sarcastic and honest and no-bullshit, but there’s a hell of a lot more to him and I can’t wait to see it.

3 Likes

My head canon about his smoking…

He’s so sensitive to everything that he got himself used to the smoke to drown out everything else. Around the detective, it’s even more necessary–since her/his blood is so strong and scent is so, to quote Mason, “enticing”, he needs something to distract from it. Smoking helps…

Hi @EvilChani

You could reply to multiple people in one post using the @ plus the username. We try to avoid double posting since the forum might consider it spam and locked the thread for a while. =)

Hope you understand and enjoy your stay here.

3 Likes

I’m a former smoker with a strong sense of smell, and that was one of the reasons I was keen to smoke in the first place. It really did help dampen it. Now everything has all the smells and I weird everyone out always sniffing at stuff they can’t smell.

I wish I could slap the cigarettes out of M’s hand myself when they try to smoke in my personal spaces.

2 Likes

I have to come to defend N. I love M, they are my second favourite right after F, but I don’t think is necessary to belittle poor N.

N doesn’t give compliments away without thinking, they do it because they have people skills and are capable to see the good things in others, not like M who is simply an asshole. So, if Not gives compliments, is because they believe it to be true, not to give anyone a pat in the back. Heck, if someone in the game is honest, that is N and F, and definitely not A or M.

Then, you guys seem to believe that M is an honest person, but seem to forget that he is perfectly cool and comfortable with lying. They are good at lying and they do it a lot. Even Sera has say this in some asks.

I end my rant here, but I can’t stand and watch when someone says a compliment from M is worth a thousand from N, I must defend them.

14 Likes

I think both M and N are both honest in their own way, its just that N sees the good in the world were M sees the bad. N is kind and genuine and cares about people and wants to show it, M just lives their own truth and doesn’t change that for others which is a different kind of honestly.

Tho, lets be real here, F is the most honest and upfront of everyone. They’ll give someone their opinion good or bad.

14 Likes

I’ve been doing the other side of this. I’ve been showing all my friends who I got to play Wayhaven who love Felix what he looks like. (My tablet was kidnapped twice.) I call making grown women shriek in delight a productive day off~ Nooooow time for another read.

5 Likes

When I was little, someone told me that if you have something nice to say, you should say it.

I strive to stick as close to this philosophy as N does.

This is the truth. No lie, if I had to deal with M as an actual person and not a character in a story, I would probably cry five whole times.

Also true, they don’t outright lie. Just keep secrets.

11 Likes

Its easy to not lie when you communicate purely with huffs and glares like M does! Who needs words to communicate.

8 Likes

If I had to deal with someone like M in real life I would be yelling at them in less that 5 minutes. As a character they are amazing, but in real life I would tell them to fuck off straight away. They can go somewhere else with their shit attitude.

And also, I do agree with you @Mewsly , M is honest in a very different way, but still, that doesn’t change that they are 100% ok with lying, while at least N has remorses about not telling the truth.

10 Likes

Oops, sorry about that. I was combing through posts and just responding as I saw them. I’ll quit that now and try to shut up. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are a much tougher person than me. I would cower behind N.

No need to shut up! Share your thoughts. We like them.

7 Likes

Completely agree. It kind of comes with society nowadays that when someone is nice you think they want something or they are lying. But some people are just kind. They’ll see the good in people and love them to the detriment of their own health. (Which means they are precious and must be protected)

There was never a time that I felt like N was placating my detective. They are genuine. While they might be withholding a few personal secrets it’s nothing related to the detective. N is one of those people who sees you for the way you wish you could see yourself.

Not that I don’t understand M and A, but it was less carthartic when they finally complemented my detective and more like ‘oh how nice, thank you for joining the rest of us.’ Plus I maintain that N is the only one that truly feels guilty for playing around with and lying to the detective.

10 Likes