The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

I really think that F must have siblings. They are way too good at being annoying to not have older siblings.

9 Likes

Agreed. No one that good at picking up just the right thing to make someone go bonkers is an only child.

7 Likes

But the question then is… did they have younger siblings too? :thinking: They do have a certain level of maturity and seem to really enjoy attention so I could see F as a middle child

4 Likes

Might just be wisdom from their long life

True, but F seems to have an emotional maturity that A and M don’t really have (at least in terms of being able to accept their feelings and express them) and F is the youngest… Plus, a long life is normal for F since they were born a vampire. We don’t really know if F is any more mature than natural vampires their age… The only other natural born vampire we know is Murphy.

8 Likes

I imagine vampires live so long that they either have very few children or a whole ton of them. If you have a ton of siblings, I could imagine being pleased with what attention you can get. Might be why they’re so loud, too–with a lot of siblings, how else could they be heard?

4 Likes

Hmmmm…

Since F is a natural born vampire… That means both their parents are also vampires. I wonder what they would think of F dating a human…

5 Likes

That would be an interesting family dinner with F

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but I feel F doesn’t actually know a lot about both his world and the human one. Maybe he was actually raised by the agency because he ended up in this dimension when very young?

1 Like

Considering that they drink blood and the detective doesn’t, I imagine it would be an interesting family dinner either way.

Mr. Hauville: So any grandchildren we could expect would be…
Detective: Human, yes.
F: leaning back in their chair and grinning

Alternatively–

Mr. Hauville: I…met a human once. They were…lovely. Very polite.

11 Likes

I really REALLY hope we get to meet Mr and Mrs Hauville now because thats going to be so funny. Also I don’t think we’re going to be meeting the other 3’s parents anytime so its only fair we get to meet F’s! They all know the MC’s mom after all!

5 Likes

Almost perfect gif for situacion:image

6 Likes

pssst! @Gwenstn i made a topic a while back that listed all the of the formatting commands available on the forums /shameless plug

Back on topic.

1. I’m pretty sure N had a spouse and at least one kid, everything about the way that they savor the time they spend with the Detective tells me that they had someone(s) in their human life, but unlike Angst du Mortain, I don’t think it ended in tragedy, only…acceptance of the fragility and mortality of human life, without any judgement.
    If anyone has ever played Mass Effect, then you know the Asari (a species that live approximately four times as long as all the other species) are similar. “Don’t regret time you didn’t have, just enjoy the time you did.” I believe that’s the motto their species has to romancing a non-Asari (except a krogan), and I feel like that encapsulates N really well.
    Nothing about their view on life and mortality is as bitter as A and even M seem to be, but they also have experienced it (unlike F), of that I have no doubt. So whatever previous life N had, the way the people close to him died wasn’t very angsty (at least not compared to what I imagine for A), and only really imparted on them that spending time, making memories, are the most important thing to do in a relationship.

2. Angst du Mortain had an angsty human life and nothing can change my mind. I always imagined that they had a human lover before they were turned, but when they tried to go back to them after being turned into a vampire (and I’m thinking recent as heck, like, within a year of being turned) instead of being greeted with open arms, the lover spurned them and their perceived monstrosity.
    A seems the most bitter toward humanity, and the most reactive (second only to N) to a fearful post-reveal MC, especially if you equate them with Murphy, and the easiest way to get bitter is to be spurned for something you couldn’t control. And then subsequent human behavior only reinforced the idea of fickle and useless humans, eventually turning into the dismissive attitude that A has at the beginning.
    Damnit, who hurt you???

3. F is a middle child and here’s why:
    As @mewsly said, they have a level of emotional maturity that surpasses even N, at least when it comes to identifying and processing emotions. Middle children, in my experience, excel at that. They’re not quite the oldest sibling, with all the responsibility it entails, and they’re young enough to still identify with the baby and the carefree nature of childhood, and because they’re stuck in the middle, they generally don’t get as much attention as the baby or eldest (who need the most guidance, usually).
    All this screams F to me. They had a baby sibling that they loved in the Echo World, though they sometimes wished their parents would drop a little more attention in their own direction, but most of the love real estate was also seized by an older sibling who I’m sure F loved deep down, even though F’s proficiency at verbal sparring tells me that they must have had quite the few sparring sessions themselves.
    And unless F’s whole family came to Earth, I doubt we’ll get a dinner scene at the Hauville household.

19 Likes

Let me dream, darn it, imagine how great it would be!

Or, I mean, maybe one of F’s family appears after years apart and F being so happy to see them but then they turn into a villain. Maybe they think they could get back to the Echo World if they were just a bit stronger, oh wait F has a human friend or SO who could make them stronger? Well what a wonderful concidence…

9 Likes

Don’t do this to me Mewsly…my heart can’t take that angst.:cry:

1 Like

And y’all think I’m mean. Poor F shouldn’t have to fight their own family.

1 Like

44cc8e56-dd6e-41e6-8413-652b009ede38

NO THANKS.

F doesn’t deserve that level of tragedy, damn it. :sob:

8 Likes

I kinda doubt we’ll meet F’s family. :thinking:

1 Like

All I am saying is that F comes form a family of creatures that probably wouldn’t see humans as more than food or something meant to serve their needs. Just look at Murphy. Yeah, F is different but that’s also through the lens of the MC who F instantly gets so comfortable around that they treat them like another vampire. We don’t know what their family would think, especially if they weren’t in our world as long as F has been…

Then again, F has the lowest angst rating so we might not need to worry at all :blush:

9 Likes

I always imagined F’s parents being super cool and laid back. Like the dad was the kind of dad who wore shorts and socks with sandals while telling lame jokes that you can’t help but laugh at. And the mom would be the type to come home and talk about all the latest gossip with F and ask them if they thought anybody was cute. This is my headcanon and your angsty theories shall not change that!:grin:

5 Likes