The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

No problem. Personally I find her lack of technical knowledge really endearing. Its adorable seeing her trying to understand how to listen to our voicemail and figure out the computer in the hospital. I wouldn’t want to ruin that cuteness by making her a tech expert. (Not that I’m very good with electronics anyway)

Edit: Found the post. Sera said,

Nate/Nat doesn’t like how humans rely on technology so much. The whole world relies on technology, but they worry about if it stopped functioning then how would people manage. N’s still trying to manage without it as much as possible.

But yeah, in some way, N is just also not willing to admit they struggle to learn technology :smiley: They are so good at everything else, usually picking new skills up very quickly, that being defeated by tech has them very annoyed!

Thank you so much for the ask! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I was planning to share the link as well. Just found it seconds ago as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry about that.:sweat_smile:

No worries. Hahaha… Just so happen we found it the same time so that one thing answered for N. XD

1 Like

[shows up an hour late]

Here’s my contribution to the topic of the day:

A: That banshee last night said something odd, did anyone happen to catch t?

N: As I said before, we were all incapacitated—

MC: I recorded it on my phone.

A: Excellent.

N: I—what?

F: The phone outdid you, pay attention, jeez.

A: [rubbing forehead] [sigh] No one would happen to know what Nyarlathotep is, would they?

N: The name suggests an Egyptian origin, we could begin there, however I must warn you that it doesn’t follow any naming conventions that I’m aware of—

MC: N’s right, Google says it was a made-up Old One from H.P. Lovecraft stories.

A: [stiffens] Old Ones?

F: You mean like what N is now, obviously?

M and F: [snicker]

N: [rolls eyes] An Old One was an immortal cosmic being whose existence could cause madness in human minds.

F: Like your mom—ow!

A: N, go to the library, look for all the mentions of this Nyarlathotep—

MC: Oh, I was mistaken. He’s an Outer God rather than an Old One.

N: [tries not to smile in satisfaction] Perhaps we should check out the actual books it appears in rather than conjecture—?

MC: He’s only in four short stories, and they’re all online. And anyway, Wikipedia says he was the only one of either pantheon to be active in human affairs, and actively malevolent for the most part, taking glee in causing madness—

N: We can double check this with the actual written stories, Detective.

MC: I am, I’m reading the stories on Gutenberg Press.

N: …The…original mass printing press???

MC: No, the online repository for public domain works.

N: What—?

F: Aw, careful Detective, your Google searching is making N feel bad.

N: If it’s alright with you, A, I’ll go do my usual rounds of research.

MC: If you’d like, I can just print out the stories—

N: No, the books are fine as they are.

MC: But—

N: I will go to the library.

A: N—

N: I will not be outdone by a little tiny devil box!

F: [cackles]

MC: …I’m just saying, someone already compiled all of Nyarlathotep’s appearances and mentions into a single fifteen minute youtube video that we can all watch right now.

N: [frothing at mouth]

42 Likes

Hello all readers and authors! I just wanted to comment on the game Wayhaven! And if you haven’t played it yet, it’s well worth the money!

The story is told in various perspectives and done with a different fell than most games. It’s entirely captivating. The length of the story is impressive but even more so because there’s no fat on it. By that I mean there aren’t walls of text you have to climb before you get to make a choice and when you do, it feels like it has a real significant impact. Maybe that’s misworded because it doesn’t just feel like it does, you KNOW it does. There are choices I’ve made that felt like filler until later in the story that choice however small will have altered the story somehow. It’s beautiful and really refreshing. I haven’t played a game this impressive since Tin Star or any of the Life of series. And the characters! I could go on all day but characters that you attach yourself to while reading is truly something else. I’ll put it this way, have you ever found yourself smiling/laughing while reading or making a choice during a game? Well for me this has happened frequently lol.

I’m unsure if the author will see this but if so, you’re fucking amazing.

That’s all folks :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Oh my… I really want to outplay N like that now

Latest character update: Detective Thea Loukas (Greek); medium-length, light brown hair; light green eyes; (pictured) between 23-25 yrs old; caring, but tough, and shy when it comes to her RI - which is A! :heart: I can’t wait to see how this MC’s story will end (in Book One and the overall series!).

2 Likes

So you've probably already heard of Gal Gadot as Nat:

But today I suggest to you...

Gal Gadot as Morgan.

31 Likes

If we could become a creature at the end of series could u do a story where it’s after the series as we’re a creature that would be cool

Hey, Guys, its N

28 Likes

My vote is on N and maybe A having had kids before they were vamped.

Both of them understand there isn’t anything they can do to comfort Rebecca after her child is kidnapped. Out of the four, they are the only two to actually know what to do with children and would actually know how to parent (though N might be a bit over-indulgent).

Also, this is a kind of sad headcanon, so you’ve been warned: Maybe the reason A hasn’t shown interest in anyone else in all the years N has known them is that they were married once and don’t want to betray that spouses memory by moving on.

15 Likes

I’d say its bigger chance N had kids before becoming vamp, possibly losing family while becoming vamp(but that’s kind of long shot,and sera is not into real heavy angst) and A maybe had spouce that “betrayed” them when she became vamp(A just doesnt strike me as kid raising person)

9 Likes

You have inherited your mother’s affinity with angst, I see? Splendid, the more the merrier!

Just imagine giving birth to a child, loving it and seeing it grow up. At some point, you get unceremoniously bitten and a whole ritual is held in order to turn you into something you do not want to be (since we know there is more needed than merely putting some vampire’s blood inside a human)… And then you have to see (from the shadows mayhaps) how your child grows older, struggles through the hardships of life and ultimately die (a horribly painful death - a death you could somehow not prevent, despite being supernatural yourself - at the hand of another supernatural who had gone rough and killing humans as if they were mere insects which they are ; therefore creating the best will/drive/goal to do their current job: to prevent something like that from happening as much as possible)

5 Likes

If one of the vamps had family before, my money would be on Adam having lost family—either a significant other or child. And my guess would be that he lost them to a human, which would take into account his bitterness towards them that we find out during the story.

12 Likes

why must you hurt me?

2 Likes

Excuse me whilst I collect my jaw from the floor.

Also, on the topic of family, I’d honestly be most interested to hear if F had family… I mean, they’re from the echo world, so it’d be interesting to hear about how “true” vampire families functioned if she was born as one.

6 Likes

I agree with @spunkycatninja on this one. A having a family previously to being turned would explain a lot if things. If their partner was one, and then got killed (by someone else, or in an accident) I can easily see A going “humans are weak. I must not fall for one again.” If only to protect themselves from emotional scarring.

Very OT, but still a question I’ll ask: how do you make the text so tiny? I wanna know ; _ ;

2 Likes

Yes, hello, just coming to say that in the next book we will know N’s age.

10 Likes

Write “< small > your text here < / small >” without spaces.
So it’s tiny and it’s not anymore.

3 Likes