The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

I’m actually really curious what people see as the ‘default’ genders, if they have such a thing in mind at all. The first times I played the demo it was always with a female bisexual detective, so Adam, Nate, Farah and Morgan and while that’s still kinda stuck in my mind as default, I’ve only run with that for two of my (currently four) playthroughs, the others being with a gay and bisexual male detective.

I don’t know, I don’t have any fully formed thoughts about this but I feel like there’s some interesting things you could learn about how people perceive gender and how a character’s gender can influence how people view a character, if at all

1 Like

That’s exactly why I see those genders as canon. ^.^ I only found out when someone else mentioned it, since my chars are usually straight regardless of much else.
nods at really profound thoughts
whispers I actually just find serious men hot xD

1 Like

I always play a straight female MC all the time so my mind set them as male. XD Initially I thought if you choose bi, you get to choose the RO’s gender or it’s random until Sera confirmed that it was fixed.

1 Like

Btw, I’m the only one that noticed how our MC is kind of forced to have a different approach to romance depending who are we going for?

If you go for M, he will want to sleep with you, and your MC will basically be, nope. Even if you are all flirty and it would make sense to have sex with him, you are still forced to be and MC that doesn’t put things that easy.

But, on the other side, if you are going for F, you can try and sleep with him, with F being the one telling you that is not that he doesn’t want to, but that you need to know each other first and he wants it to be serious.

That put me off a bit, because I don’t know, it just felt very forced and artificial that, after all the decisions, we are so clearly guided to have the romance in the way it was meant to.

What are your thought on this?

2 Likes

I’ve always found myself attracted to other ladies but not at all towards men. Which gave my parents quite a fright. So, I always make the RO’s female when I get the option to do so, or am always leaning towards other women. So to me, they probably wouldn’t feel right as men.

I haven’t played F’s romance with a flirty/forward detective but I have played M as such and I didn’t feel like the game pushes you into rejecting him? Keiji was all for a one night stand and I feel the narrative supported/allowed for that, we just kept getting interrupted by circumstances like ~overbearing doctors~ or ~the apartment being attack~ or y’know, all things that could break the mood.

But again, I haven’t had the same experience playing F’s romance as you had so my opinion on this might change if I have the two to compare and contrast

1 Like

Having played with a forward detective with Morgan last night. This is pretty much what happened. The Sexual tension and the sudden turn off once we were interrupted all the damn time was god damned hilarious to me.

6 Likes

Yeah, when I was in the apartment, the dialaogue was my MC saying “do you think I’m going to make it that easy for you?”, when the way I was playing her she would of been “hell yeah, let’s do this”, so I missed not having that option. It didn’t bother me at the moment because, well, I get that Sera wants to set some things in the MC in order to develope the romance.

But then, with F you have the option to suggest you go into his room and have sex. To what he rejects you. Which is cool, obviously.

But it make me feel as it was really artificial, because it was kind of “I want this romance to play out this way, this other the other way around, etc etc”. You know what I mean?

@Kurvo that was the intention of the author really. This book isn’t a standalone story because there’s going to be 6 more of this. The slow burn for all romances although A and M’s are going to take some more time than F and N’s romances are going to be taking part of all of the upcoming stories.

10 Likes

Okay, I’ve been wondering…as who or how do you picture the Unit? Cause I get that they’re gorgeous, but I’m having a hard time picturing them. :confused:

I always thought of Ava as Jennifer Lawrence. I don’t know why, I just do.

5 Likes

blushes, faints
XD Well now that’s stuck in my head! I can’t unsee the beautiful-ness!

Please put spoiler tags on those. You could highlight that spoilery paragraph and click the gear icon, there will be blur option there.

Also, the author mentioned that they will concentrate on romances throughout the series so the ending for book one will have not much romantic aspects to it yet.

6 Likes

cough I got a massive crush on her so that’s probably why lol also thought of Morgan as that woman who plays Sansa Stark in GoT but with dark hair. She also got freckles as well.

Sophie Turner! Forgot that for a minute there.

2 Likes

Oh, really? What I got at the end was “Get well soon”, then he walks away and turns around saying, “I’m serious, don’t think I can go long without you”, comes back to the bed, takes your hand and kisses it.

Also, as I said in another post where I say a lot of F romance (post 265), F is very clear and direct in his feelings to our MC?

3 Likes

Holy shit, I too am in love with Sophie Turner [fans self]

That said, I actually imagine a young Gina Torres as Morgan.

2 Likes

Honestly if this happened to me in real life, I’d get a massive nosebleed over being in the same room as Jennifer Lawrence and Sophie Turner.

Like… so much hotness

1 Like

same. poor keiji and mason, getting cockblocked all the time. let them air out all that sexual tension before they do something real stupid explode, please (actually no, let hem suffer)

I get what you mean, yes. I personally read the “Do you think I’m going to make it that easy?” line as teasing rather than a ‘we should draw this out further’ kinda sentiment, but I can see how it could be read either way. There’s certainly a different feel and a different kind of progression to each romance route, which makes sense, but yeah in this case I can see how it’d feel forced

1 Like

You all make me glad I have a really vivid imagination and can quickly come up with how people look in my head based on text descriptions. Granted I also tend to look through everything with a sort of animeish yet more realistic style of detail.

Now if only I can get my artistic side up to par. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

OOh, I LOVE THIS. Okay, so canonically, JLaw as Ava, Sophie Turner as Morgan, hmm. Oh, how about Emma Stone as Farah?? :thinking:

1 Like