The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

More triggers/options is better than a straight wall of plot consisting of events you have no control over. CK2 Style.

3 Likes

I as a Lady checked to go on the boy name option. You made a mistake.

bild

2 Likes

Majority of the thread’s questions: How can I…

My question: Who is the goat with the blue…

4 Likes

Yes!!!

Well i have another question how do you get the Holy Ruler achievement.

1 Like

Uhh about the bad ending for economy. I think u just get assassinated since thats what happened to me the first time when I run out of money. (And then I did take some from the rebel guy, then just went bankrupt again. got assassinated.)

@MahatmaDagon Female MCs have the choice to refuse to have sex on the wedding night but male MCs currently do not have that choice and I suggest such a choice should be added. Motives for refusing sex as a male MC could include not being interested in women, trying to be faithful to a lover, and not wanting to have sex with someone only acting out of “duty”.

Maybe the MC could have the choice to ask Jenneth to be present when the MC interrogates Meybuk about the MC’s mother’s heritage. Then Jenneth could indicate to the MC when Meybuk starts acting suspicious. Honestly the repercussions of the MC’s mother’s bloodline are important enough that having the spymaster present to hear the details might not be a bad idea even for MCs with high Social skill.

Just out of curiosity, was Kenrich Loffoy the person who became the Mad Prophet of Dagoria?

Some of the Hold Court events start with a page that has only … on it before expecting us to click for the next page. I would suggest getting rid of the page with only … on it.

During the Dullis feast, the text claims the MC only has time to visit 3 places in town but the game permits the MC to visit 4 places in town. I personally prefer to visit 4 places.

Also during the feast, Lord Dullac asks the MC’s opinion of the food even if the MC did not eat anything. I suppose this could simply be interpreted as Lord Dullac being too busy eating to pay attention to his guest and perhaps also that Lord Dullac could not even imagine not eating at a feast.

If the MC refuses to dance at the feast, then the dialogue with Kellek from the very start before being offered a concoction gives the option to ask:

“How were you able to distill the wylleaf and nokpowder while maintaining the properties of limbroot?” (Knowledge)

My MC did have Knowledge 50+ but presumably asking about how to make the concoction should not have unlocked before being offered the concoction.

Is King Jeohr married? If not, then a marriage with an unmarried female MC who openly proclaims her mother’s heritage would be a tempting political prospect.

Here are some typos not in my earlier list.

“My son would be performing his duty to his family, of course, but I believe he would be quite glad with the union. I have seen the way he looks at you, young lady, and I know very well how young hearths behave. He would be a faithful companion to you, providing you with all the support and love that you need.”

It should be hearts.

Sister Myra is there, away from the others, training by herself. Her movements are gracious and precise, and just by looking her you feel that you have learned much.

It should be either looking at her or watching her.

“Why did you attacked Emyria?”

It should be attack.

A wealthy merchant named Vuzik Balmard wants reparation for an offense caused by a troubadour called Fodd Joysong, whom he believes to have know the intimacy of his wife. Both he and the accused are present, and ask to plead their cases to you.

It should be have known.

She tells you that that Nell - that was his name - was found with his neck split open on the rented on a local tavern. Witness say that, while he was always drunk, he never made any enemies, nor had he any large debts that would prone someone to kill him that way.

My best guess is that this should be in a rented room in.

“Murder Noyedas Sielcner. He is the cause of all this, and we can win this war before the first battle takes place. We kill him in order to save thousand others. That’s not even a choice, in my book.”

This should be either a thousand or thousands of.

Regardless, Jenneth arranges to make a meeting with Ullus Goldenteeth, the captain of the Mothermulchers, one of the largest mercenary companies. He has about a thousand warrior under his payroll, and your Spymaster says she believes he might consider changing sides for a better offer.

It should be warriors.

It is safe to say that the alchemists are very weary of your changes at first, but after a careful review of the numbers they are forced to admit that your chances are for the better.

It should be changes.

6 Likes

You can’t. I just kept it there to help lure people into going to Ehael and dying :joy:

I’ll probably just remove it, though.

I meant the other bankrupt ending. There is an early ending in the middle of the game, which is the one you got, related to having a bad economy for the second month in a row.

Then there is another ending, also related to having a bad economy after the final battle, after a timeskip. Its probably harder to get because your treasury needs to be a LOT on the negative for you to reach it here.

Yes, I agree. I’ll start from wedding night and then backtrack all spouse interactions from there, giving the player different ways to handle the relationship and eventually considering it at the epilogues.

Perhaps something of the sort would make sense. She was involved in the situation since the beginning ,after all.

:shushing_face:

I don’t like them either, but those empty pages are a workaround for a bug in which events would reroll in case you go to the stats screen while in the middle of them. I have been looking for solutions for a long time, and that was the closer I could get to that.

The tavern wansn’t raising the number of visited locations.

Good catch. I added a brief text acknowledging that possibility.

There was a variable missing there. Should be in the right order now.

He’s unmarried. A good chunk of Lord Arlec’s time in the capital in spent trying ot convince the young king of his sister’s qualities. The player will not be able to marry him due to reasons that’ll eventually become evident.

Thanks for the reports. I have fixed the typos mentioned on your last post and this one as well. Will be uploading the changes shortly.

6 Likes

I am just saying that this is still in the known bugs/to do list section. If we have a rebellion, we now know who he is. Also, please can you add Jenneth telling you his whereabouts after an amount of time?

1 Like

So I’ve been thinking, does the EBB have ulterior motives when requesting King’s End and the are around it(northern highlands where the Wyrm is located), or are they thinking purely econonical? Because I think the merchant lords of the EBB know a lot more about this world’s secrets that we’re aware of. I also think Galver Laeshwyr also knows much about the Western Peninsula’s secrets. That said, what are Galver’s stats? That way we could know a bit of his skills, the only thing we know is that he can evade Jenneth, and that is saying a lot, unless she and Galver know one another, andif so, I suspect this would be one of the things that Jenneth doesn’t say, which is the reason why you love writing her?
Anyway, the bad endings are very interesting, but I think @castellan did a fine job talking about the endings, so I won’t comment on that any further, at least until you don’t add something more.

3 Likes

I see that you say the calendar operates monthly but how do we know which month it is?

Conquest or Harvest isn’t very self-explanatory which makes it rather difficult because the last battle has some consequences depending on the time of the year apparently

2 Likes

@MahatmaDagon would it be possible to improve the epilogue for Hereya of she doesn’t cheat on you? Right now it is so bland, all the others spouse have more detailed epilogue, telling us a lot about how they feel, behave and how they help you manage the lands, but Hereya just have a few lines if she doesn’t cheat.

1 Like

Is it only me whose whole wealth and economy is based on robbing the council of coin with Cardeed?

7 Likes

Nope. I have no idea how my councillors can afford to keep playing with me…

2 Likes

And why is their pouch more filled than my entire house’s finances?
10 questions science can not answer.

8 Likes

Lanfrey and Jenneth would probably be pretty familiar with shady business practices so money isn’t really an issue for them I would imagine

Meybuk is old as heck so he would have had plenty of time to accumulate wealth, especially being so knowledgeable

Vradnir is a knight and a commander. Soldiering was one of the fastest ways to achieve fame and fortune back in the medieval days so there’s that

2 Likes

Yes, Lanfrey is into some dope ass business because I robbed him of 1200 coin in Cardeed and he stopped the game. The next day he asks me to play.

My brother. That’s half my monthly income.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t think dope was illegal back then so it might very well be literally a dope business

1 Like

Don’t think he’d earn much if it was legal. I don’t imagine only the nobility being his customers.

1 Like

Monopoly isn’t a modern concept. All he’d need to do is control the source and he’d be rolling in the dough

1 Like