The Wanderer from Gealtia WIP

I’ve begun working on my gamebook The Wanderer from Gealtia. In it, you play the aforementioned wanderer, a male or female subject in the little kingdom of Gealtia. Depending on the choices, the story will vary from being a light-hearted adventure, a harrowing undertaking to retrieve your love interest or a brutal slog through the countryside and nearby nations as you aim to make a name for yourself and gain power.

Currently, it’s about (7% complete, 5 chapters have had extensive work done on them, they’re playable but are not complete, 15,523 Words) done, and I plan on updating every two weeks at the very least.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/osovono/the-wanderer-from-gealtia/mygame/

26 Likes

Plenty of typos throughout, but the game is interesting at least.

Is this correct? I was playing as a male MC. How can a male MC have a gay romance with a female RO?

My guess is that, probably it means because you’re a gay, so you could see her beauty, but you don’t find her attractive, though in that male’s gay version, it means you are a gay and you are attracted to him.:face_with_monocle:

Well, the choices and outcomes are the same independent of MC’s gender or orientation, so I’m inclined to think that it could have been a mistake or the current choices are being used as placeholders.

Speaking of choices, I noticed looking at the codes that a lot of them are “fake choices”. Will any of the choices matter in the future? Right now, the story seems pretty linear.

ETA: maybe you could use an editor for some help with the typos, like Grammarly or Hemingway.