The Twisted Village [1 Chapter, 19k words]

Hey everyone, I’m feeling another surge of inspiration, so you can expect me to post the rest of Chapter 1 in the next several hours.

EDIT:
Well, when inspiration hit last time, I was able to write 7k words in one sitting. This time it wasn’t so much. But I’ll be focusing on TTV for a few days until I post Chapter 1.

16 Likes

So far I’ve written about 7k for the rest of TTV’s first chapter, so I should be posting it within the next few days. Here’s the new and improved summary:

In The Twisted Village, madness festers. Something lurks behind every shadow. Inside every peace is a skeleton of violence. Behind every smile is a conniving intention. Here, no one is really normal, and everyone has something to hide.

When your downtrodden and impoverished citizenry seems beaten and hopeless, a mysterious vigilante, Kayos, seeks justice through violent and radical means. Will you fight against this villain to save what is good in your village; use the mayhem to become more powerful yourself; or ally with him to burn the corrupt establishment to the ground?

12 Likes

Does the MC have a dark secret he/she has to hide?

3 Likes

Maaaybe.

OH, MAN. I just saw The Favourite and it’s ridiculously good. Incredible characters and dialogue, masterful cinematography, very trippy and dark atmospheres, and a truly great plot that shows us three narcissistic, cunning women battling things out with wits and manipulation.

10/10, great inspiration for The Twisted Village

2 Likes

Nice game, had fun.

1 Like

MAJOR UPDATE:

The rest of Chapter 1 is now on the demo! This amounted to another 12k, which brings the total word count to 19k and the playthrough length to 7k. Two new characters are introduced: Eler and Olen. You also see more of the ROs and the villain, Kayos.

Something to watch out for - Olen is the first nonbinary NPC that I’m writing. I might occasionally put male pronouns instead of NB pronouns for them on accident. If this happens, just nicely point it out. Don’t assume they’re a wizard who swaps genders constantly or that I’m just stupid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As always, feedback, comments, typo spotting, and bug spotting are much appreciated. Enjoy!

16 Likes

G’day @Samuel_H_Young. I admire your writing pace and commitment to your work, I truly do.

I’m assuming you’ll eventually add the Eler and Olen bio’s to the stat page on a later date?

Summary

Regretful

Thief
Yet many do not
Self-aware
Guards
Guards
Every
Gaudy
Sleeve
Add a you after bother. People.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I’ll eventually be adding bios for Father, Eler, Olen, Kayos, and other main characters that are introduced later.

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young

Ik new I was smart to grab you before someone else did.”

I

3 Likes

You’re the greatest writer of all time!

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Spelling error in the choice: “You go over to the canvas painting.”

Instead, they chase one another around, squeeling and laughing their butts off

Squealing

2 Likes

Lol

MINOR UPDATE:

• Added character bios for Kayos, Holden, Olen, Father, and Eler
  • Fixed typos
2 Likes

Great work, keep it up.

Summary

Here

Gaudy
You messed up the sentence. “He has” is repeated and Although is in the wrong spot.

1 Like

Now this is why esther is bae

And ummm… some typos

Summary

This text will be hidden

I think it’s supposed to be one woman

frustration

4 Likes

Thanks, guys. I’ll fix that tonight.

So, uh, any feedback or thoughts on the content? This is the first major update in like 5 months and I’m getting blue balls here. :face_with_thermometer:

5 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
In the choice: “You would like to play that chess game against them and see if they really can beat you blindfolded.”

I basically just imagine the board in front of me, but seperated into three areas

Separated

3 Likes

Strong work Sam! Looking forward to the next installment.

2 Likes

I am really digging the new characters! This is the 1st time in awhile, where I am not sure who I will romance first. Love the mysterious world you’ve created and cannot wait to see whats up with the “villain”? Very cool.

2 Likes

The demo doesn’t work for me.

Summary

I’m getting that error as well. Maybe it’s OS- or browser-dependent?