The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

I remember Atheris and Alvena having an argument about Charles, whether he really loved her or only married her for an alliance. In the end Alvena admits Atheris was right. Not exactly the sweetest mother-daughter relationship but I thought it was a nice scene :slight_smile:

This game may not be perfect but I think most people here will agree that it’s really good at depicting characters who have depth and nuance, whether they’re endearing or frustrating. I was surprised by how much I ended up liking Atheris; she and my MC may disagree on some points, but she has some redeeming qualities and isn’t ruthless for the hell of it. Maybe, just maybe, our sister won’t be a repeat of Charles.

15 Likes

Romance Option Guide
(Some dialogue branches provide no points and have been excluded from the list, so choose anything for those conversations)

Also, I’ve added the overall percentages for some of the ROs, however, you’ll notice that if you add up the points per option provided it won’t equate to the total…yeah not sure what’s up with that but I’ve been checking the stats after every choice, so all I can assume is that it’s choices outside of direct interaction that can also affect them or a bug. The highest you can get is 75% with certain characters.

Xavier RO Route

(This guide is written for players who let Xavier escape, however keeping him captive will still allow you to romance him with a high score, just choose the obvious responses towards him!)

“We’re glad to meet you too!” (Either one) +1%
“I like your hair” / “I hope our alliance stays strong” +1%
“I will set you free someday” / “I’m sorry for what they’re doing to you” +1%
“I wanted to see you” +1%
“Because I care about you” +2%
Take care of him +4%
“Yes.” +1%
“I do too.”
“Because of what he has done to you” +3%
“You look good.” You place a hand on his cheek/shoulder. +3%
“Why are you staring at the castle walls?”
“I believe you.” +3%
Defend him +3%
“He’s innocent!” +2%
“Yes, I do” +3%
“I accept” (to marrying Xavier) has no effect but I’d suggest doing it for Book 2.

75% in total

Jarean RO Route

“I love it, Jarean” +1% (any compliment has the same effect)
“Let him go!” You order him. +1%
“You’ll find out soon if you don’t leave him alone.”
I want to check on him.
“Are you alright?” (Any of them) +1%
“I was worried” +1%
“It was good” you reply. You smile at the memory of Jarean. +1%
“Of course!” +4%
“I’m glad you’re here, Jarean.” +2%
Of course
“I don’t trust easily, Jarean”
“I can teach you to read” +2%
“I’m not a well-behaved teacher, either” +2%
“I can give her a job at the castle”
“Because I trust you” +3%
(Don’t make any comment regarding Matteo beating him in the fight or it’s -1%)
(Do the first 4 options with the final one ending with you play fighting him) +1%
Jarean will accompany me
(Interestingly, none of the options in the tavern give any points)
Protect the children +2%
He’s an evil man +1%
“Yes, it reminds us of the first moment we became stronger”
Hug him
“I don’t care” +1%
(None of the options outside give any points)
Make him head of the kitchen +5%

75% in total

Daemir RO Route

“I like the design of your armour”
“Where are your manners, my lord?”
“I see no reason to flatter you”
“Yes, thank you”
(Either question you ask during the next meeting have 0 effect either way)
(Either question you ask during the next meeting have 0 effect either way again)
“I don’t like flattery, Lord Daemir.” +2%
“It’s inevitable.” +2%
Talk to Daemir (Instead of going after Revna)
“She’ll forgive you eventually”
“I’d never hate you” +2%
“I believe it too” +2%
Daemir will accompany me
(The tavern scene provides no points)
Hug him
“I don’t care” +2
“As long as you’re by my side”
“That decision hurts me; I wanted to marry for love”
Take it from him, making sure your fingers brush against his +1%
“People or you?”
“Daemir, you stay”
“I want you to be near me” +1

(I feel like you get bonus points for marrying Richard off as there’s an extra convo, but I didn’t want to re-do everything for that one scene just to check).

Highest I’ve gotten with him was 65-67%.

Astryn RO Route

“My father made a mistake” +3%
“No, I will not let them touch you” +1%
Stay
“Maybe I do” +1%
Give her food +2%
Order the guards to fetch a healer
“No one will harm you ever again” +2%
“Don’t harm her” +2%
“Let her out. She’ll live in the castle.” +5%
“I think you’re right” +1% (I think this dialogue only happens if you show people the letters)
“Stop this!” +1%
“Obey my command, Sir Locke”
Clean her wounds
“If it’s the only way to get you inside” +1%
“I forgive you” +4%
“Stop this at once!”
“From now on, she’s under my protection” +3%
“She’s my friend”
“I put myself in danger for you. I hope you understand that I’m no enemy”

(Interestingly, Astryn suffers no loss in the relationship percentage if during your final speech you state that you’ll do the most brutal options involving Erwin)

75% in total

Reyna RO Route

“I could say the same about you.” +2%
“I care about you” +2%
“How do you feel?” +1%
I wish I could see more +1% (other flirtatious responses seem to give +0%)
Join her +1%
“I’m here to make sure you’re alright” +1%
Hug her
“I don’t care” +1%
“I love you” +1%
“Revna will stay”
“I want you to be near me” +2%

63%

Clara RO Route

“Clara is right, don’t be mean to him” +2%
Visit the garden > Join them
“Blue is beautiful, like your eyes” +3%
Any dialogue after the above gives no points
“I’m certain Richard will take you with him.” (Don’t say you’ll take her otherwise it starts the rivalry with Richard)
It doesn’t matter whether you say you like girls or like Clara – it won’t affect the possibility of romance with her.
“I wanted to check on you”
“No, I wanted to check on you.” +1%
“It’s such a tragedy” +1%
“Do you ever leave the stable?” You smile at her. +1%
Any dialogue after the above gives no points.
“He will keep his promise. Be Patient.” (Saying you’ll take her is the 2nd big option for the rivalry with Richard).
Clara will accompany me
Ask Clara to dance
“Let them” +2%
“Let’s mimic them”
“Careful, if you start bullying her, you will leave this castle” +2%
Hug her +1%
“You have me” +2%
“I feel the same way” +2%

67% (you’ll get a higher percentage if you do scenes that bump up the rivalry between you and Richard)

Lena RO Route

Become the ruler and accept her proposition/choose to marry her when prompted.

She will NOT accept any deal with you unless you are the King/Queen.

(If you let Xavier go)
“Because no one deserves to pay for their father’s mistakes” +1%
“I accept” (to marrying Xavier) +0% / “How about I marry you instead?” +0%

The Clara route should happen naturally if you’re nice to her, but the way I’ve written the guide is for if you want to maintain a good relationship with Richard (keep in mind to not be a dick to him in general outside of the Clara dialogue). You will miss out on some interactions with her, but it will not at all affect her romance path with you, so don’t worry. If you DO want to antagonise him, treat him poorly and do the interactions not mentioned here.

Daemir, Reyna and Astryn will ONLY be available if you don’t have feelings for anyone else. So when you are prompted to answer how you feel about each character, you can’t say you like anyone else otherwise they will be greyed out and the RO path is broken.

Regarding Poly Routes

Xavier and Jarean are the same as their info above. You just need to make sure you say you have feelings for both of them when asked about how you feel towards each character.

Xavier and Clara are the same as above.

Clara and Lena will happen in Book 2 so long as you say you have feelings for Clara and accept Lena’s marriage proposition (you need to be King/Queen for this).

There IS a poly route for Daemir, however it’s purely political and you can’t have feelings for either Xavier or Lena. So you have to state that Daemir is the only one you love and then afterwards accept Lena’s proposition to marry her or Xavier. Daemir is fine with it so long as it’s only for political reasons.

Clara and Jarean or Jarean and Lena work the same way as the other poly routes (you can have feelings for both of them). However, this isn’t a triad relationship and both characters won’t fall in love with each other. So it’s a poly relationship similar to Charles’ relationship with both your mother and Isabella (except they don’t hate each other lol)

(I will make a Part 2 for this when Book 2 comes out and will also include the new pirate RO as an option).

42 Likes

I felt compelled to come back and let you know that your guide helped me get my romances just fine! Still not sure what I did wrong the first time, but I will gladly take this - thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Such a good friend, simply doesn’t bat at an eye when the MC is screaming about how he will destroy her homeland along with making roads made of bones with Erwan’s Body, he surely couldn’t have send someone more loyal than her

Oh sorry i readed it wrong and thought this decreased Richard’s Relationship meter lol, but does he comment on the fact that we saved his ass or something lol

Also the Hunt path increases her relationship like 4% in total if i am remembering it correctly? And same goes for bringing her to the forest after Charles gets poisoned if i am right

You said earlier that in Book 2 demo it seems that Richard is locked to rival even if you have a good relationship with him but decide to romance Clara so it seems that it’s bit more benefitial to just pull the band-aid off and just pick the highest value choices which also make Richard angry lol

(But maybe the book 2 demo gets update later on and adds the possibility of being friends with Richard while also romancing Clara)

Daemir and Revna seem to be “hardest” ones to romance so far outside of Lena, I wonder if Tameran will progress faster due to being a more “mid-game” Romance

2 Likes

No worries! glad to be of help :slight_smile: sorry it took as long as it did.

I may have just worded it weird, sorry lol
But nah he doesn’t. I don’t think he finds out we covered for him when we told Clara that he’d keep his promise, he only notices if we do it instead of him.

Actually, I do think there’s some value in keeping a “good” relationship with him regardless purely because I feel like eventually all of it is going to decide whether you can make amends with him and have a good relationship again in the future. If you go full hateful sibling mode then it might lock you into the bad outcome with him (but that’s purely speculation).

I think Nutella might keep it the way it is currently is in the demo until we can work it out with him, because it might be more coding for her otherwise hmmm. I might suggest to her though to add some extra dialogue since the sudden transition is quite jarring.

Yup, which is interesting because technically it’s Daemir and Astryn (who can have 75% surprisingly) who are the slow burn romances of the ROs. Revna actually ends up with you just like the others.
I think both Tameran and Lena’s romances will have to progress faster if the MC is getting married at the end of Book 2 and having kids in the 3rd one. I just hope the chapters become longer so the pacing doesn’t feel as bad as it could be - especially since those 2 seem like really interesting characters for relationship development.

3 Likes

Nah don’t worry lol I just readed it wrong lol, anwyay kinda funny that he only notices you when you end up ruining his plans lol

Nah i don’t think the relationship meter is going to main reason on reconciling with him, I think Clara romance is going to be the actual main reason since Nutella said you pretty much ruin your relationshio with him IF you stop romancing her and “break her heart’” but otherwise your bond can be renewed

Stockholm Syndrome strikes again! Kinda funny that Xavier can also get really high up too lol

I think Tameran might be getting the short end of the stick romancewise if he ends up being a slowburn too, but seems that the pirates will be a major plot point so he will definitely appear quite a lot

2 Likes

Personality I would think if MC chose to speak harsh words on Pagonia and Erwan, our relationship should decrease, that’s one reason I intend on a moderate speech in the end in hope of not angering Astryn.

The relationship stat is from her inner feeling towards us, whether she display any emotional displeasure in front of us or not , so it actually feel a bit illogical for my opinion.

In the end , she apologize to Erwan for not able to assassinate me because I am different , I really feel touch for this part… But if MC vow to harm her people and Erwan, such emotional gratitude towards MC should not be there

4 Likes

To be fair, Erwan is throwing an army at you with the intent to kill you and take over your kingdom, and he admits that he’d do that even if Charles hadn’t been an execution-happy moron. Erwan is confirmed as a power-hungry murderer, aka A Bad.

23 Likes

…I mean still I don’t think saying how you will destroy a country and say how you will kill the best friend of the person you are trying to date isn’t really a good guy thing to do lol

1 Like

He is not exactly giving us a choice, its either him or us. Speaking of romances I feel like xaviers went really fast. Like he was in prison for years and only the mc treated him with kindness, we had like 3 or 4 interactions and after a few years he realizes he is in love with us? Like how does that work? If someone can explain I will be grateful, did i miss some interactions?

stockholm syndrome :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

So it really is, a bit surprised xavier’s route wasnt given more depth.

1 Like

I agree… there is always a reason for war, and Erwan perhaps had been corrupted by his desire for revenge , i would probably slay him when given a chance, it is just i won’t want to antagonise him too much in front of Astryn , knowing they had bond with each other long before i … Lol

My MC approach will be similar like WCW Sting silent avenger approach towards nWo, reveal my intention as little as possible to the enemy

To be fair, MC wasn’t the one who harm him and his father , MC demonstrate the kindness in a way where only MC alone is the “Good” person in hostile territory, i think it is logical in the sense that Xavier was feeling the isolation of pain, depression and tense all these years, the only kindness he received was like a ray of hope in a dark tunnel , how will he not embrace the light ?

It will be like in our darkest hours, we had been visit by an angel who we know little about, most people will be loving the angel from then on, even though the angel could be gathering sheep for his personal agenda

9 Likes

I agree thats why I thought they would give us more time where we could interact with him in a normal setting to get a feel of how they are when one is not being tortured. So marriage id is okay but could have slowed it down a bit as he tries to process his feelings for the mc now he is their equal.

2 Likes

I agree, his and Jareans romances went from 0 to 100 really quickly. They basically declared their love, but we haven’t developed any sort of romantic relationship with either of them (friendships, yes. Crushes, sure. But no romantic scenes at all). I would have preferred more before the declaration of love happened. Or maybe a declaration of crush would have been better for the first book?

8 Likes

Thanks this is a real jewel to have,will always remain as one of the few bookmarks I saved from the forum. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly, as fast at their relationships developed I still vastly prefer the Xavier and Jarean (poly) route over of all them. They’re the only two that feel like they bounce off of each other’s personalities really well and I can honestly see them being interested in each other outside of us and interacting without our interference. They’re also the only 2 options that get to properly meet Leia, so they get a head start on setting up the family dynamic earlier on. Their relationship in the demo works as well (for me) unlike Xavier and Clara where it’s cute but also feels a tad bit off? like it’s clear they’re new to each other but their loyalty feels strange since they just met the day before. At least with X and J you can assume they’ve crossed paths since Jarean’s job is serving food and making drinks for everyone and we gave Xavier permission to be fed whenever he’d like (and he seemingly knows Jarean during the poison scene even if you didn’t bring them both to the tavern with you and let him escape instead).

Daemir’s slow burn is nice, but his personality doesn’t really click with me, so I do appreciate Jarean’s more outgoing and friendly/flirty personality and Xavier’s introversion and kindness and how they work together with the MC.

I do wish we spent more time with the ROs though if the main draw of the game IS the relationships and story since that’s the reason why there’s no focus on strategy and stats. With that said, I still greatly enjoy it (or else I wouldn’t be here lol) I just think it could be a bit more in that field given the unique set up and goals the books have.

With Xavier I’ve justified it in my head that there’s a year of interacting with him that we never got to see because we skip ahead in time. Because we don’t talk to him for 3 years but when we finally do and eventually our relationship with him is ‘friend’, then there’s a time skip and I assume we didn’t ignore him for the rest of that time until we (the player) see him again.

6 Likes

I know Revna gets a lot of praise online, but tbh I feel like she has the same thing going for her and if anything it feels more off to me given that she and Daemir still feel mostly like strangers. Like sure, you can flirt with her but you can do that with Jarean as well and they have more interactions together. Given how Revna’s still upset over her past love being killed and trying to heal from it, it feels a bit odd to me she’d be so quick to declare love at the end towards our character (in a healthy way). I feel like it should have been similar in pacing to Daemir but not as emotionally distant.

I like to give everything the benefit of the doubt though and think of the time period and setting where relationships like that did go very fast. They weren’t like modern relationships.

6 Likes

I’m curious does everyone else get the down with the queen/king ending or am I just a horrible queen I tried my best but the people just hate me

The best you can do is get a 50/50 result that is some in favor of rebellion while others not.

3 Likes