The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

Astryn is such a hypocrite
She said poisoning is act of cowardice yet she try to kill mc with it
And she always act like she and Erwan is good guy of the story
If only we have option to torture her in castle without killing her
That would be very satisfying

21 Likes

fuck them off. you are queen/king not people pleaser. (Sir Arnord told MC Ruler that People don’t care your feeling ,One thing you must do is winning this war to prove they are wrong )So your goal is win war.It will prove you are worthy of thorne . The best leader for me is the leader who can balance kindness and crule decision. people have bias on MC ruler because they expect Richart to be king and you are fourth - born heir. whatever you do people don’t like you and try to blame evey problems on you.

If people not respect you,you must do them respect you even if they hate you.

5 Likes

I understand where you are coming from but I don’t think it’s too fast, she is one of the slowest to increase relationship and she is mostly just teasing the MC but doesn’t really see a problem on having an actual serious relationship with them, besides she is more pissed off by Daemir kiling her lover now and moved on a bit but she is still a bit wary on relationships (say if you decide to have another consort then Revna breaks up)

Jeraan is more interested in us because we are supposedly a kind ruler/royal, he pretty much falls in love if we give him a job or if we are slightly considerate while Revna remains pretty wary even if you declare your love

But yeah he is bit similiar to Revna, I think the reason that she is popular while he isn’t is mostly because Revna is more outspoken and has some other things going on like her swordsmanship and her relationship to her brother while Jeraan is more reserved and the most notable thing is that he is an shady barkeep (though his background is probrably getting expanded on book 2)

8 Likes

I am luring towards Astryn romance route mainly due to the romantic challenge that will arise in this route, and its deep searching meaning of what actually is “Love” and how much one willing to “give” or sacrifice themselves when such opportunity arrives, not every romance is a linear happy route where two person would swear everything the moment they meet, same thing happen in real life, no one is perfect , betrayal, drudgery , lies happen all the time in our lives, it would be naive to think our lover is a “hollier-than-thou” person without sins at all, hence i adore the writing in Astryn route as a testament of how will one act or willing to sacrifice in the face of betrayal and lies.

the allegedly poisoning act by Astryn made me experience the meaning of “love is blind”, with a very intense story writing of how one could purposely cloud their own judgement by following the heart instead

sure, Astryn could be lying and earlier evidence showing she is betraying the trust of the MC, and i was angry at first by her hypocritical claim that Pagonia/Erwan would be honourable foes of not applying poison ,but like she said, we are enemies so it will be on MC’s fault to fall for any of her mischief .

Took a quote from Stephen King " Fool me once, shame on Astryn. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us " :rofl: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

But I feel as if we are not the only ones making sacrifice. The people who died because of her and the orphans it left. These people were no warriors so we cant really say they were prepared to die in this war. I feel as if rhivenians should make a choice in this, not us. If it would have been someone close to us who died, I dont think astryn could have been forgiven by the mcs. In the case of matteo, be may have put the kingdom at a disadvantage but it was the family who suffered because they were the one’s who were close to him, not the whole kingdom.

But in Astryn’s case its the people who are dying, they are suffering, not us even though we were poisoned, we knew we would be the last to die cause of our youth. I dont think its right to let her roam freely, in this case rhivenians have the right to be angry, we just forgive her because we want to?

I feel as if forgiving her is pure selfishness on the mc’s part. There is no sacrifice cause none of our close ones were affected neither were we affected. And this also solidifies their proof that the mc doesnt care for their people.

16 Likes

The game had moments i led while others I found had not the same level of execution

I feel as if forgiving her is pure selfishness on the mc’s part. There is no sacrifice cause none of our close ones were affected neither were we affected. And this also solidifies their proof that the mc doesnt care for their people.

For me forgiving her is pure strategy on my MC’s part in order to prevent more deaths from occuring she needs to stay alive so that she can see that we are not the evil ones they see us as we are not her enemy because of something that happens in the past so when I eventually let her go back to Erwan she can tell him what has transpired during her stay and that they don’t have to go to war with us and hope that he listens to her I’m doing everything I can for my people even at the risk of there anger towards my mc I’m trying to prevent more tragedy from occuring in my kingdom I’ll be it’s a little manipulative but I’m trying to create a peaceful land and help all my subjects and that take time and a little rule breaking the norm will have to change if I am to truly help my people.

(excuse my non- punctuation and my tangent at the end)

3 Likes

I think keeping her alive is dangerous and very risk. what can garantee she never do it again in Future ? her relationship with Erwan is very close and deeper than us . People can not change in short time. and she can bite our back all time if she or Erwan wants . I think this accident prove she is not easy to manipulate. (Keeping Lena is more adventage and less dangerous than Astryn. At least We can use her brother leverage her If he love us or friend with us )

11 Likes

I dont think Erwan will stop even if Astryn tells him to. And what does she bring to the table? She has no power and I feel Erwan wont be deterred even if Astryn chooses mc, so its not a win for us. Just like Lena who didnt budge on her stance just because we saved xavier, I think erwan is going to be the same. He may feel regret and guilt but he wont stop.
Another question which has been bugging me, why did Erwan stop his march when he knew Astryn was a prisoner. When we asked the princess she was just as confused and hadnt expected Erwan to stop marching. I dont rememeber if there was a scene where they explain it from Erwan’s perspective, but he seems to care for astryn so yes, I dont think he wanted to use her?

11 Likes

If were talking about before the poisoning, he stopped so that Astryn would have time to poison the royal family, after the poisoning, he did it because he didn’t want to kill any one who he felt was innocent and only wanted to kill the royal family but it got out of hand.

13 Likes

Angst

10 Likes

Why Richart route make me feel good :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: everyone support him want to kill him in the end

3 Likes

Problems to your rulership, assasination attempts, and maybe if you are very lucky your death so that you won’t have to deal with the dumpsterfire clusterfuck known as Rhivenia

18 Likes

“What can I learn if I turn the second-in-command of the enemy kingdom and army to my side?” is certainly a question you can ask, but if someone has to actually answer it, you got bigger problems.

11 Likes

That’s assuming the war is going to be an offensive which quite frankly would be suicide lol, there is already an rebelion rising in Rhivenia so sending anyone to attack could cause said rebelion to grow bigger, there is already some unrest in the capital before the war had it’s first battle

Besides even if she has any knowledge I dodn’t think it would be actually useful since Erwan already left and went for the offensive and he is just bidding his time, the closest thing that she may know that would be useful are things relating to the Army but outside of that she is not worth the trouble

1 Like

It means you know the enemy supply lines. It means you know the enemy’s chain of command. It means you know the enemy’s exact numbers. It ALSO means a considerable hit to enemy morale.

2 Likes

I mean that’s what I mean with “useful things relating to the Army” lol, minus supply lines I forgot about that butI don’t think there will be any strategy stuff from the logistical point of view

1 Like

If she betray us again , enemy will know about our army the same.but If she doesn’t, I see that she is more adventage in our army. Hard decision for me and very risk. she is unstable and confusion after poision accident .I think that Erwan can easy to manipulate her to come back to his side again.

1 Like

I think it’s possible that Astryn is meant to be a romance route for players who want to betray Rhivenia and side with Erwan. I don’t really see the benefit to keeping her alive for pragmatic reasons, not when she’s proven herself to be a danger to the kingdom and may betray you again in the future. We don’t know how loyal she is to Erwan.

19 Likes

Why Mc not quite sucesse in lying other (็How much liar stat to sucess) ? how to gain liar stat ?