The Superlatives: Aetherfall — Lead a superpowered team to save Victorian London

With the sequel around the corner, I’m replaying to make a good save to carry over. Can anyone give me some help with dialogue choices for the personal conversations we have with the recruits so as to get the most approval points? The convos where you just go through each person before moving on with the story. Those seem to be where I have the trouble.

2 Likes

Ugggggggh…I’ve managed to get loyalty from everyone but Gatsby! I ended with 80 points. I keep messing up in the trial, only getting 2/3 to side with me. Any advice? I call Hughe as a character witness, then the option to look at the schematics, then how he should be treated as a person.

1 Like

@AgentVerona I don’t believe you have to win the trail to gain Gatsby’s loyalty. I managed to get it by always choosing options that were kind or flattering and even suggesting that he lead the group at the beginning, and even though I alsobonky got 2/3 votes in the trail, I gained his trust. I would check the code for options that increase his relationship if you’re having so much trouble.

2 Likes

…OH! Okay! I think I get what I did wrong now! Thanks! Yer a game saver. I never suggested he lead the team, that must be what did it.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the powers for your mc is?

@Mary_Duffy Would it be possible to create a method of reporting bugs on the forums? Something like @bugReports?

Anyways, I was making my save for the pre-ordered sequel and ran into a bug playing on the COG site with Orchid losing her powers even when the weapon never fires and when Hugh was the hostage.

The stats as of the final fight with my entire team still in action on the airship were the following:

Since I was playing it on the COG site, I went hunting through the source code.

It seems the relevant variable is orchidlostpowers.

From https://www.choiceofgames.com/superlatives/scenes/11_chapter.txt

*label orchid
*if ((abduct = "orchid") and (orchidoutcome != "dead")) and (weaponfired)
	*set orchidlostpowers true
	*goto orchidalive
*label orchidalive
Lord Whitehill throws open the door and storms in, fury on his face.
*if id = "self"
	"$!{firstname}!
*if id = "acacia"
	"Acacia!
*if id = "hallow"
	"Hallow!
Where is she?"

You stand, startled, from where you were going over damage reports. "What on Earth are you doing?" you demand.

"Where is Lily? Produce my sister at once, or I shall call the authorities."

"You need to calm down," you say.

"Calm down? My sister was aboard that [i]vessel[/i] and now I can't find her and you ask me to calm down?"

You suddenly realize that his fury is a poor mask for the fear in his eyes. "She's fine," you assure him.

"You're certain?"

"Absolutely," you say. "She's resting, that's all. I'll take you to her now."

You lead Orchid's flustered brother down the hall. Orchid's door stands ajar, and when you tap it with your knuckles it swings open.

*if (orchid > 60) and (orchidrebel < 50)
	Orchid sits on her cot, thumbing through a novel. She looks up in surprise when you enter.

"Basil?" she says, standing. "What are you—?"

Basil rushes forward and throws his arms around her. She squeaks. He lets go and stands back, clearing his throat. "Ahem. I'm glad you're alive," he says stiffly.

"Did you just clear your throat and then [i]say[/i] 'ahem'?" Orchid asks, eyes dancing. "You're not here to talk me into going to Lady Fortescue's again, are you?"
	*goto orchidchoice
*elseif (orchid > 50) and (orchidrebel > 50)
	*set orchidoutcome "adventurer"
	*set orchidsociety false
	The room is empty. A note lies on the bed. You cross quickly to it and pick up the letter to read.

*if id = "self"
		[i]$!{firstname},
	*if id = "acacia"
		[i]Lady Acacia,
	*if id = "hallow"
		[i]$!{hallordlady} Hallow,

[i]I'm gone. Obviously. I don't want you to worry; I'm fine. But I could not stand the thought of returning to Fortescue's. I'm off to find my own adventures. To be a hero at least a bit longer.
	*if orchidlostpowers
		I may have lost my abilities, but I'm not going to let that stop me.
	I'll come back when I'm of age and it isn't Basil's job to worry about me any more.

[i]That's it, I suppose. It seems like this should be longer. Oh well.

[i]Sincerely,
	*line_break
	[i]Lady Orchid

Since Orchid was alive and never abducted and the weapon never fired, that variable should have been false. I think the problem is that orchidlostpowers is initialized to true in https://www.choiceofgames.com/superlatives/scenes/startup.txt

3 Likes

No, we can’t have big reports on the forums. Why? Because the kind of thing you’re reporting has to be seen by at least three people—1) the support staff person, Abby. 2) the lead editor of the game in question, who may or may not be on the forum regularly, and 3) the author who is unlikely to be on the forum. And the best way to share that is over email.

I’m sorry. Can you email all that to support?

3 Likes

Is there a way to save Nimble?

I am working on a playthrough for to import into the sequel (I finished prior to having the ability to save and when I went back I got an error message that forced me to restart). I did pretty well in my first playthrough but I seem to be screwing up here. I would like to ask if I have failed or mis-remembering how the plot goes. Thank you.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

In my first playthrough, I was able to convince the guard at Tua’s mission that I was on Superlative business and she left my team alone. I tried this in my second playthrough but I guess my charm is lacking (only at 59%, my guile i even worse so no lying…). Tua has to knock the guard out which lead me to have Gatsby clean up the mess, delaying the investigation. When I got to the Villain’s lair, I get a note that I was too late for some of the kidnapped heroes and they are now in those damn robots. Can I save them or was I truly too late? I saved them last time and I’m going to do it again or not bother with the sequel.

Thank you.

I’m a bit confused here, I got 84 relationship points both with Arturek and Wailer and I only got Artureks loyalty achievment? Do the number we have to reach differ for each character?

I think it hinges on what choices you make when speaking to them. For Wailer, it’s imprtant that you see her as person and support her ideas about her power.

Specifically, to achieve Wailer’s loyalty, I chose to believe her visions, say that I just want to spend time with her (platonically, when asked to clarify), assert all of the most fun people are a little mad, explain that Silverdrake’s reasons didn’t matter, and convince her that we would subvert Nimble’s fate in her vision. .

1 Like

I picked the same choices. Maybe another bug?

is Tua a romance ?

Several, depending on your stats. If you have high agility, you can knock him out of the way yourself. Creating a barrier works if you have high vigor, and blasting the pillar works if you have high derring-do. Ordering him to get clear works if you sway a lot towards being a commander, and rallying the team works if you sway towards synergist. So basically any option can be the right one, provided you’re playing to your strengths.

IIRC, once they’re in the automatons there’s unfortunately no way to get them back out. How rosy their future is after that depends on how far you’ve advanced clockwork rights, I think.

If it’s any consolation, it’s not a detail that gets remembered in Shattered Worlds.

Nope, Venusians don’t really swing that way. The ROs are Hugh, Jane, and Lord/Lady Dusk.

2 Likes

too bad…oh well…thnx for confirming! :sweat_smile:

How to find the traitor among the Mercurians.I remember I used to find him,but I forgot how to :sleepy:

Any luck getting 3/3 in the trial?

I was only able to get 3/3 once, but unfortunately I don’t remember how. :sweat_smile:

Ok so replayed the game since the new one came out and just finishing up when I noticed a huge glitch in the epilogue

so I am Orchid’s brother, jovian powers… But her epilogue treats me like not her or basil’s sibling, and says she has lost her powers when that absolutely has not happened.

1 Like

Please send bug reports to support@choiceofgames.com