In The Sun Chasers, you play as a survivor who outlived the destruction of your village. Your journeys will take you through the different territories of Sol, where much of your duties revolve around protecting others from the same calamity that took everything from you.
But as old threats resurge, and laws reforged, you may be forced to question the reasoning behind your people’s faith… and if the rules are always meant to be followed.
Try the demo here!
Total word count: ~32k
Word count per playthrough: ~16k
First upload: 14 April 2021
Updated: 7 May 2021 - prologue complete!
Hi everyone, my name’s Ellery! I’ve been a long-time fan of CoGs, and The Sun Chasers is my first serious attempt at penning one myself. I’m both excited and nervous to hear your thoughts about it!
- Play as a man, woman, or non-binary.
- Shape your character’s personality, and have it influence their interactions with others in the world.
- Find love from among five romance options, including a childhood friend, an unflappable swordsman, a kindly knife fighter, and a pair of twins.
- Watch your relationships grow organically. Rather than defining your romantic inclinations outright, assess your attraction to each potential RO as opportunities arise.
- Uncover the secrets of where the Nightwalkers come from— and decide if what you learn can be trusted.
- Overcome the demons of your past… or let them continue to dictate the path you walk.
There are five planned ROs. Of them, you will encounter Tessa/Taran in the current build.
Tessa/Taran: A beloved childhood friend who has been with you through more trials and tribulations than you can count. Devoted, protective, and very kind. But the once-cheery archer has mellowed somewhat due to events in your shared past.
Eren: A skilled swordsman who always seems cold and aloof. He was not always this way however, but only time will tell if he will be ready to share more about his past.
Nala: An implish knife-fighter who is both charming and sweet. Her wit is as sharp as the daggers she wields.
Dion: Rilaine’s twin brother. He is very protective of his twin sister.
Rilaine: Dion’s twin sister. She does not speak much, but her bond with Dion is one that seems to go beyond words.
- Is the story set with a young protagonist?
The prologue takes place in the MC’s childhood. Thereafter, a time skip of ten years will occur prior to chapter one, where the main story will unfold.
What I'm looking for
- awkward phrasing or page breaks; if the flow is smooth or otherwise; if its rushed or too slow
- choices: are they sufficient, or are there instances where you wanted to respond differently from what was given?
- coding errors: I have rectified most prior to uploading, but there may be some I have missed. Especially “him” variables for T…
- stats: are the changes within what you had expected them to be?