The Soul Stone War (WIP)— Full Demo Uploaded, Guide to Secret RO on #1124

Wait. Who is the best friend?

read your work it good read

1 Like

The one from our hometown I’d assume.

2 Likes

Yep, what @Baam said. Unless there is another m̶u̶l̶e̶ friend I’m unaware of.

2 Likes

@Willow_Felya_G So I’m not the only one to use my cats as handkerchiefs :joy::joy::joy::joy: Good to know!

@Drakeye Omgggggg, ahahahahahahaha :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: You’re so right, oh my God! Manerkol is indeed of that disposition! Only he wouldn’t say he was sorry, but just look pityingly at you and be like ~raises eyebrow~ “You believe I remember this or care about it at all. Amusing.”

@Sweet_Clouds Thanks so much! I’m glad you liked it! :heart::heart::heart::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

@hungryciti @Baam @Nael I’m guessing Tristen, the best friend from Shadow’s End? Not all the backgrounds have a best friend—aside from the fair lady mule, of course!

Also, I got the okay for DaeDae’s sex scenes, ahahahahahaha! The graphic version will be in the game! :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::smirk::smirk::smirk:

29 Likes

YES! Take that censorship! clears throat Not that I personally had any stake in sex scenes being in the game. Nope. Purely a moral win on my part.

11 Likes

@grimbutnotalways None of us here have a personal stake in the sex scenes, I would say. We’re just selfless souls fighting for a better, freer world where imaginary characters have the right to get it on as explicitly as they like. We have NO GAIN from this whatsoever! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: But I have to say, I was so certain it would get rejected!

At the time I wrote it, I was still doing commissions and was writing about nsfw scenarios 24/7. I had gotten completely desensitized to it, LMAO! I wrote the scene and was like “Sure, this is fine”. And then when I started editing a few months later and read it again, I was like :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:.

I even asked my beta-testers to tell me what they think, and half of them were like “Nope, this is getting cut.” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: So I’m SO HAPPY that didn’t happen! And when the book comes out, you can tell me if you guys think it was too steamy or not :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Just from a literary point of view, of course… :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

26 Likes

(Start reply) God I feel the exact same way I was SO SAD that it ended but I knew it was coming out soon. Bittersweet torture?? (End reply)

(This is a reply to the whole topic and not the one person above, didn’t wanna be a crazy multi poster.) Poly romances where two or more of the team start as FRIENDS or friendly with such chemistry and warmth mean so much to me. I literally cried because I got so excited reading all of the banter between Morkai and Straasa it was just written SO WELL. Also found family tropes literally kill me, I promise I will be a ghost by the time this story ends but it’ll be WORTH IT.

2 Likes

@Alyssa_Nelson Aaaaah, I’m so glad you like it! I absolutely adore Morkai and Straasa’s dynamic, as well as Daelynn and Eledwen’s and Morkai and Daelynn’s :joy::joy::joy:

Writing the interactions between the characters is sometimes more fun to me than writing thair interactions with the MC, ahahahaha! Morkai and Straasa are precious together, and you’ll get to see a lot more of that! It’s just so wholesome:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Y E S THANK YOU :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I look forward to it a lot!!!

1 Like

im so hyped for this game, it inspired me to draw for the first time in a long while :revolving_hearts:

It’s just a sketch of my MC Caelum. He’s a dumb blonde who follows his intuition 90% of the time, harvest bounty background, totally has some deep psychological issues that he’s trying his best to ignore lol. Probably gonna romance Morkai bc I’m sure he’d get super frustrated with Cae’s tendency to get into trouble…and also I’m a sucker for protective ROs :sob: And he’s kinky too so he’s perfect :sob: :sob:

Anyway I’d love to see other people’s MCs too!!! Gimme that glorious MC art!!

23 Likes

Haven’t we all?

Nice drawing though.

7 Likes

@forestnymph Awww, he’s such a cutie! I’m so glad my game inspired you to draw this, I’m ecstatic to have seen it! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I love seeing other people’s MCs! I wish I could draw myself so I could share my own, but alas, anything other than stick figures is beyond me :sob::sob::sob::sob: Also, Morkai suffers with MCs that rush headlong into trouble, LMAO! Poor man :joy:

5 Likes

Big fan of this demo, and congrats on finishing the writing! Look forwards to playing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Ah, but you paint such a marvelous world with all its inhabitants in my mind. You are a remarkable artist, I tell you. :relaxed: So what, you’re better with words than images, but you see how you inspire others. That, I dare say, is priceless. :rose:

Just calling it as I see it. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

This is gorgeous???
This has me tempted to draw my MC for this when I finish playing the demo…

2 Likes

Okay, I have finished the demo and it was fun! Morkai, get over here mate. I am weak for characters like him, the hard exterior and all, because I know, deep down, they’re a total marshmallow. Really looking forward to getting to play the full game, for sure.
EDIT: Couldn’t help myself, ended up trying to draw what my MC would look like?? As well as some bizarre doodle of Morkai or somethin just to see if I could even pretend to draw him. Men are hard to draw-

23 Likes

@Taylor_Enean :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: T…thank you! :heart_eyes::sob::heart: Omg, I teared up reading that :two_hearts: Bless you, you’re so kind :pray::pray::pray: Emotional boost for the next three months: gotten! :muscle:

@PrismaticSpace Ooooh, your MC is so pretty! And Morkai is always so grumpy, I love it :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

G…Guys… We have a tentative release date…

WE HAVE A TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE!

MARCH 5TH!

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I’m dyiiiiiingggg :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

55 Likes

at long last.

Congrats!

7 Likes