The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

They’re not really blood related but they were raise as siblings so that was a bit of an issue for some.

Sorry for being off-topic. =P

2 Likes

Honestly that sounds like the type of BS certain publishers like to come up with just to make things harder on newly established authors and developers. I would ask them directly about it - why do they allow a game with blatant incestuous themes, like Fire Emblem, yet refuse to publish mine when the characters in question aren’t even blood related. Probably because it doesn’t make them as much money… yeah, that’s probably it.

7 Likes

Yeah, I know. I just find it pretty strange that the people you grew up with your whole life known as your siblings and you’ve only interacted with in a sibling way is creepy. Not to mention you can actually bang your cousin in that game. And FE always has running gags of obsessive sisters in their previous games I believed, namely FE4 when incest was common.

Lol yep. I imagine that could prove to be difficult. I think censorship and etc. goes to far sometimes. And can be biased like you’ve said.

I was only introduced with FE only when Awakening was released but I do heard there were some issues regarding incest in old FE titles.

Unfortunately, we are all going off-topic so I suppose we move our discussion somewhere else?

On topic though, I look forward to meeting my MCs siblings. I hope they will get along well.

1 Like

I am, Olarion in particular of course.

1 Like

Alright! It’s back! Thanks for moving this to DashingDon @Fawkes! Always a fan of royalty and court politics.

P.S: I’m a Dragon Age fan too! Also Mass Effect. But in terms of worldbuilding, I prefer DA and ME for the characters. :slight_smile: There are a lot of Bioware fans on this forum, huh? :rofl:

4 Likes

Is Olarion the heir to the throne?

1 Like

I saw the family tree and looks like he is the 4th child, but he is the second son.

1 Like

Neraven is the heir. Olarion is the second son and I think he’ll be the easiest sibling to get along with.

3 Likes

I imagine Neraven is going to treat the MC the worst besides dear old dad?

1 Like

From a couple of the posts I remember reading, he’s not spiteful like dear old dad is. Neraven is very conservative though so MCs who’re willful, rebellious, etc., like mine, probably won’t be on his Christmas list.

2 Likes

I’m wondering how the older sisters will treat the MC?

2 Likes

I hope not, unlike with dear old dad my mc needs to get on his good side, sort of. What with him being the future King and all…
Besides, same as with Olarion, my mc would like to at least have a decent relationship with his brothers.
The tricky part with Neraven would be access, as I imagine the heir is always busy and has little time for their youngest sibling. So I think deeds more than words might be the key to winning our eldest brother over.

Olarion is of course the spare and like the others said our mc’s best brother, at least the only one who doesn’t start out disliking us, making him the only one in the family to possibly judge the mc on their actions and personality alone and not his mother’s or her house’s reputation.

4 Likes

Good to hear that there will be at least one sibling who will judge the MC for themselves, not just based on who mom is!

3 Likes

I can never see the family tree. What are the age differences between the MC and the oder siblings?

2 Likes

Neraven is 15 years older than you, Keralith is 12 years older, Ilythis is 9 years older, Olarion is 7 years older, Terrisen is 3 years older, and Baelira is 2 years older.

I put the answer in spoilers since I guess it counts as one and Fawkes used spoiler tags in the post she revealed their ages.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

Hey @Fawkes is the MC already an aunt or an uncle?

1 Like

Not yet, but they will be at the end of chapter two when Keralith has a son.

4 Likes

Good to hear. What does Keralith think of the MC?