The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

I also like being a straight female cause I love the classical fairy tale aspect prince charming with their beautiful princesses I’m most excited about the arranged marriage cause I love finding love with your arranged partner as I have in guenerve.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the first chapter and extremely look forward to more! Consider me a fan :slight_smile:

I just played this game 4 times so I could get every response, I like it a lot! I am very interested in the mother’s family. My favorite playthrough was being a mommy’s girl but being very mean to the king.

1 Like

@Misa101 How awful the person your father sets you up with depends on your perception of them.

@Zoilus He’d have no problem with you breeding, but he doesn’t feel the need to arrange a marriage for you. Noblemen often send their second sons to the Temple of Myteus to become a priest or the Temple of Tepharon to become a Paladin. Priestesses, priests, and paladins are required to remain celibate their entire lives, which is the reason why only second sons (and daughters) are sent to dedicate themselves to an order.

@Shadowdragon There are rumors that the King is not your father, but it’s more just malicious gossip than any substantive. You are 100% your father’s child, and most people don’t doubt it. Ysonia is known to be clever, far too clever to have someone other than the King’s child.

One of your older siblings is married, and they have a child in chapter two.

@anon4518890 I love this sort of setting and these sort of games, so I would love to write another game in a setting similar to this, and already I have ideas – one of which involves teaming up with another fantastic author here on the forums.

@TheTrueKing You will not have the opportunity to become a Paladin, but you’ll have the chance to befriend one and be trained (to a degree) by one. As to being personally blessed by the gods, we’ll see, haha.

@Zolataya You’re right about why your father hates you! There’s a bit more to it, of course, but that’s essentially it. :slight_smile:

@Bordenslasher I’m so glad you love this game! I’m definitely going to do all I can to stick with it. I’m determined to see this game finished!

@GloriaRose You can ask as many questions as you like! I don’t mind, haha. The first names of the male LIs are: Atheron, Senetha, Nethica, Mavrys, and Sebriel. Being gay is seemed as something taboo in Ophaesia. Other countries (particularly Verey) readily accept gay relationships, but Ophaesia is more conservative due to its religion. As with the gender norms, you can fight against this.

@James_Dean @Victoriya Thank you both so much! I hope you guys enjoy the next chapter just as much. Hopefully I’ll have it finished by April 1st (which, incidentally, is my 21st birthday – yay!), and I’ll post it immediately so everyone can play it. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Just tried it out :slight_smile: . Very interesting premise; I don’t exactly feel like the MC is thrown into a viper’s nest (yet), but it’s certainly an… Interesting situation to say the least; you’re royality, but as the seventh son/daughter of the king you’re the least interesting one, and in some ways potentially even the most expendable one… And to make matters worse, the king isn’t very fond of his wise, you mother - and by extention not very fond of you. Hoo boy, those are some dark clouds on the horzion.Will be interesting to see where the story’ll go from hereon, for I suppose the growing-up part will eventually be done and over with and after that, where are we heading? That’s the question… :smiley:

2 Likes

Truly? Or on April 1st will you type April Fools?

1 Like

I know you said we can’t be paladins, but can we end up as priests? It was gonna be my son’s goal to somehow become a priest of the love goddess. He’s gentle and won’t survive the real world.

@DarkSpeck Yes, I intend for the MC to be an adult for the majority of the game, and there will be a lot you can do with your life. Get married, have children, etc etc.

@TheTrueKing If I don’t have it done by April 1st, it won’t be because of a prank. I’m not that cruel, haha.

@RedRoses I’m afraid that you cannot be a priest or a priestess. You’re a prince/ss of Ophaesia, and it wouldn’t be appropriate. Plus, your mother would do everything she could to talk you out of it.

6 Likes

Can we change up gender roles at all? And if we’re able to how much judgement will there be if we do it?

1 Like

Since our MC’s are leaving the nursery now that there seven, does that mean will start learning more about the palace and the royal court of Ophaesia? Will start to learn more about Ophaesia and the other country’s in this world your building @Fawkes?

I would think that now that our character’s our seven their teachers/tutors would begin to expand are knowledge and understanding of the world. As well as build on that they learned in the nursery also well as learning new things and skills like basic Arms training, horse riding, dancing and maybe an instrument or art like painting? I know that what our MC will be allowed to learn may depend on their gender.

I got really confused with a particular blurb about the first wife giving the king 6 kids then the second wife (our mother) gave him the 7th… Why does it say that we are the fourth child of the king in the stats/info section? Am I missing something? Is this a spoiler or a plot twist involving just who the heck we are?

EITHER WAY, I loved the first chapter, the character building was good and It did seem like a novel, just wished it was longer but that’s just me.

You are the fourth son or daughter since he had three of each before you.

4 Likes

I feel something is wrong there… Like i know math isnt my strongest subject but something is wrong there.

Queen Alapharen (Second wife, deceased mother of 6 children):
Princess Ilythis - King Eraven’s second daughter; your sister
Prince Terrisen - King Eraven’s third son; your brother
Princess Baelira - King Eraven’s third daughter; your sister

Ysonia Maeliah (our mother and from what i understand only has one kid and that kid is us.):
Prince Therron - King Eraven’s fourth son; you

Now if thats wrong and it turns out, Ilythis, Terrisen and Baelira are my mother’s kid then one thing is clear FUCK THE KING. He bangs my mother 7 times (assuming there will be future banging and the other kids would be introduced) and she pops out the kids and he hates me?! What about my freaking siblings? Why am i called the 7th when it says i’m the fourth kid, i will literally have a female or male sibling and another one after that and both of whom came me.

Its also possible that i am just really, really confused but then again… Fantasy and Royalty have a tendency to be confusing… One is for sure though, the king has some serious libido, i guess grumpy old man is also creepy old man… Hypocrite. Can’t wait to be king, abolish gender laws, enact some new laws, piss off more people and maybe marry a cousin because the only thing missing is banging your own relative.

2 Likes

This game is so wonderful :blush: Mom is the best mom and I will do absolutely anything to make her proud of me. Anything

@DisturbedOne The character screen only lists characters you have been introduced to. You have six brothers and sisters, but only 3 of them have been mentioned. You are the fourth son, because there are three other brothers before you. It isn’t counting the opposite gender.

As for the mom situation… The King had wife A. Wife A had six kids, and then she died. Your mom is wife B. You are wife B’s only kid.

4 Likes

You would be the fourth daughter. So you have 3 more sisters and 3 more brothers for a total of 7.

1 Like

King has a wife. Proceeds to have 6 kids, 3 sons and 3 daughters.
Wife dies.
King has another wife. Proceeds to have 1 kid, a son or a daughter.

• If you are a boy.
    You are 7th child but only 4th son of King. 1st child of mother.

• If you are a girl.
    You are 7th child but only 4th daughter of King. 1st child of mother.

11 Likes

[quote=“Fawkes, post:68, topic:15629, full:true”]
Yes, I intend for the MC to be an adult for the majority of the game, and there will be a lot you can do with your life. Get married, have children, etc etc.[/quote]

Sounds promisng in it’s own way, though I hope there’s more than that - marrying and having kids is something most people do after all… But surely there will be more to his/her life than being a glorified royal spare? ^_-

Ha! This doesn’t much surprise me, since our mother’s fairly machiavellian, so she probably has something grander in mind for our MC than that…

Is there any possibility of a military career?

I noticed the MC hasn’t be tutored in any martial skill at this point. I would think even if the MC really hates violence or something that if he is a male he would be expected to learn fencing as a matter of course. I would think a female MC could pursue military training in opposition to norms as well.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to have me some children.