The Seeker (DEMO)

At the very begging of my long journey to make my first RPG…

First Demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/kirstenstrange/the-seeker-demo-10/mygame/index.php?cb=98764

Intro inspired by the good old Fallout 2.
Tech and Magic conflict inspired by Arcanum Steamworks of Magic.

Will soon also feature:

*an inventory screen
*companions and a companion relationship screen
*companion and NPC romance + suggestive (yet censored) themes.
*LGBT romance/suggestive content included
*more content

My goal for this RPG:

*choices that matter
*freedom of exploration (You will be asked to pick your location at one point, in it, you will chose if you wish to go to the magic store, tech shop, smith,brothel etc.)

…Thoughts? :slight_smile:

Updated:

*Added the following races: Dwarf, Gnome, Daint (made-up race, children or grandchildren of Gods. A major Daint will play in the secondary ‘main’ plot.).
*Extended the stat screen: added rouge skills, known magic, known tech etc…
*Added a semi-dumb dialog option for .people whose IQ = 4. This happens when you chose you were coddled because of your striking good looks and don’t pick the gnome race or the teacher rank.

Highlight:

*Added full dumb dialog option for people who have IQ lower then 4! This happens when you chose bar fly, and don’t pick the gnome race or teacher rank.

NOTE: Pretty exited about this update. Though my game is still in very early development, I’m pretty proud of the progress I’m making.

A special “THANK YOU!” for everyone who helped me out with the coding. <3

33 Likes

No so bad for a first. By the way, when you say companion, do you include animals? :grinning:
I also see that you already have images for the game. Did you make them?

3 Likes

I’m somewhat annoyed by the illustartions. They’re a bit distracting and meaningless for me. Other than that, it looks good.
Good luck!

1 Like

I’m not sure if i’ll make animal companions yet, but if i will, you won’t be able to romance them! XD

…Kind of obvious, I guess.

I didn’t create the images. They’re just a base for now, and won’t be used in the final product. Will replace them with my own or a friend’s later. :slight_smile:

Thanks, i’ll fix the typo.

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: I’ll replace the images later…or should i drop them?

I sort of thought they’d add charm but…hmm…

1 Like

This is my own personal opinion. You can add a setting to disable or enable them.

1 Like

That’s an awesome idea!
Thank you! ^^

1 Like

I just don’t like pictures or illustrations while reading a text game.
There’s also a scene: “pillow which laid in front of her…” or something similar. You missed is. Is laid.

I’m a huge fan of CRPGs though, and sort of want my text-based one to reflect them. But yeah, to each their own. And a feature that would allow you to enable or disable images seems like the right way to go on about it.

What the game about tho and is it gender locked

Seems nice for now but i think it’s too short to make a comment on. I can only ask if you really think having “gold” as a percentage is a wise move? It’s hard to keep track of our money that way, isn’t it?

I happen to enjoy the images very much (they’re really good!), but I think that they’ll better suit this particular engine if you draw them in landscape orientation. Potrait orientation takes up a lot of room and increases scrolling. Also, it’s typically better to put them towards the top. But this is your preference of course :smiley:

Can’t comment on the story, as there’s not much available. However, I think you should use quotation marks for dialogue instead of doing it script style. For example, instead of:

Dark Whisper: Climb the wall of ice, then make your way to the Valley of the Dead. Some spirits there are wicked, others benevolent. Whichever you will encounter, remember that the good will always guide and help those of a similar path, while the evil will attempt to destroy everything.

try:

“Climb the wall of ice, then make your way to the Valley of the Dead,” she whispers. “Some spirits there are wicked, others benevolent. Whichever you will encounter, remember that the good will always guide and help those of a similar path, while the evil will attempt to destroy everything.”

Good luck! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting start to the story.

Interesting premise

when you say “more content”, does that include more races? because I feel only elves and humans are somewhat lacking but if there’s a plot reason why there are only two races then feel free to ignore this comment

1 Like

I loved playing some fallout 2 god they where the good old days of gaming

1 Like

Climb the wall of ice, then make your way to the Valley of the Dead.

My GoT sense is tingling!

images%20(1)

1 Like

Nah. i’ll fix that, thank you for feedback! What’s the easier way you’d go about it to make it a number though??? Still very very new to this! Thanks!

When i tried using “” it doesn’t work. :confused:

Go in startup. Do *create gold 0. In the stats screen, do text Gold under the stat_chart command.

1 Like

Just a heads up, not sure if you’re looking to publish this or not, but from what I’ve heard, CoG and HG don’t like the first choice being a characteristic choice (like name, gender, etc.), I may be wrong though, I forget :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like