The Seeker (DEMO)

Well, in Lucid’s Games, I kind of know what I’m expecting when choosing a race. I don’t know how humans and elves differ here, so I’m just picking blind. Additional information would be nice.

1 Like

Updated:

*Added the following races: Dwarf, Gnome, Daint (made-up race, children or grandchildren of Gods. A major Daint will play in the secondary ‘main’ plot.).
*Extended the stat screen: added rouge skills, known magic, known tech etc…
*Added a semi-dumb dialog option for .people whose IQ = 4. This happens when you chose you were coddled because of your striking good looks and don’t pick the gnome race or the teacher rank.

Highlight:

*Added full dumb dialog option for people who have IQ lower then 4! This happens when you chose bar fly, and don’t pick the gnome race or teacher rank.

NOTE: Pretty exited about this update. Though my game is still in very early development, I’m pretty proud of the progress I’m making.

A special “THANK YOU!” for everyone who helped me out with the coding. <3

3 Likes

https://dashingdon.com/play/kirstenstrange/the-seeker-demo-10/mygame/index.php?cb=49695

Updated:

*Added the following races: Dwarf, Gnome, Daint (made-up race, children or grandchildren of Gods. A major Daint will play in the secondary ‘main’ plot.).
*Extended the stat screen: added rouge skills, known magic, known tech etc…
*Added a semi-dumb dialog option for .people whose IQ = 4. This happens when you chose you were coddled because of your striking good looks and don’t pick the gnome race or the teacher rank.

Highlight:

*Added full dumb dialog option for people who have IQ lower then 4! This happens when you chose bar fly, and don’t pick the gnome race or teacher rank.

NOTE: Pretty exited about this update. Though my game is still in very early development, I’m pretty proud of the progress I’m making.

A special “THANK YOU!” for everyone who helped me out with the coding. <3

1 Like

Hey, @Tanja_Kejzar.
You made a new thread for your wip The Seeker, while you already have the original one. I recommend you make an edit as well as the update to the original one instead of creating a new thread.

Ah alright! Sorry, i’ll delete this thread and update the old one! :smiley:

Psst… a secret :shushing_face:

You can’t delete a thread

:grimacing:

Edit: Eyy, the comment is edited. An update to edit my comment?
bleh

Was just about to ask…XD

Hm…well. Will then just NOT create a third! Good enough?

Thanks for telling me by the way. xDDD I didn’t know I can’t update like this.

1 Like

Indent error when picking this.

The save slots aren’t working, have you enabled the setting in the game’s details on Dashingdon?
Also, some of the low IQ conversation options look a bit unrealistic for me: I don’t think anyone would speak like that unless they had a disability of some kind.

Anyways, that’s all the feedback for today.

Nevermind.
Those 2 should be seperate words, shouldn’t they?
Don’t know if it’s intended or not, but these words aren’t seperated into two. Also, they’re labelled false.

1 Like

The dialog (dumb one) is meant to be somewhat funny. And it’s fantasy so I think I’m heading in the right direction… :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback though! And i’ll fix the error as soon as I can! Think i’m sort of warn out today tbh, I spent hours on fixing the dumb dialog. xDDD Too many space problems etc…the dummy issues.

Those two should be separate, yes.

The following spells and abilities are labeled false because you don’t have them…should I change it to something else? :slight_smile:

Also, I haven’t enabled the save option…YET. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright then. “False” is a bit confusing, so maybe “Non-existent”, or “Not learned” would be better?

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, I’ll think of something. ^^

Well, I’d help out more but as a matter of fact I’m worn out too, plus busy, so, sorry, I have to go.

Ooookay…

Could we maybe not go with the ‘I can’t speak well because I am not too smart’ thing?
That’s… quite a bit ableist.

4 Likes

Unless the MC has a disability coming off from the race. Damn orcs.

It’s how it works in the good old classic RPGs…ever player fallout 1/2 or Arcanum? :slight_smile:

1 Like

even then. No.

If you have a character who is just learning a new language, say ‘common’, okay. They might easily get grammar and words wrong. That’s natural when learning a new language.
But to say a ‘disease’ or ‘low IQ’ make one mangle one’s speech… no.

1 Like

Oh, ever noticed how in many many of these ‘good old classics’ the ‘dumb dialogue’ is mimicking AAVE?
Congrats, you are cheering for ableism AND Racism…

Sooooo, that was hilarious but a big BUT is i wouldn’t want to be a retarded(not in an offensive way) just because i have 3 INT and 8 CHA. What charisma means to me is persuasion as diplomacy can also provide.

Stats screen also needs improvement as people mentioned before, im sure it’ll be better as you get into coding mire so i have no worries on that.

I acknowledge your efforts on it But i must agree on that. Thats just a huge downside which will annoy a mass of people including me.

…racism? What…?!

sigh Just…never mind. If you don’t like the idea of dumb dialog options you don’t have to pick " bar fly " which basely states you have alcohol related brain damage…

@needs-to-be-loved Bummer…I really loved the dumb dialog in the old fallout games and arcanum…they were great for second playthroughs. At least, I loved it. :slight_smile: Can’t speak for the masses…but you’ve been here (I assume) longer then I have, so you know what people nowadays want in text-based RPGs…I’ll ask my friends for future advice. :slight_smile: Also, will see how others will react.

I’m not sure I want to remove the dumb dialog, but changing it to be more…accurate and less ‘fantasy’ might be a good idea?? I guess. :slight_smile:

alcohol related brain dam…
frowns
Are you listening to yourself?

1 Like