The Saga of Oedipus Rex (Released)

Hi everyone. So I know I’ve said this before and then gone on to add more to it, but Oedipus Rex should now be complete :smile: (And yes, I hope that means that soon I can dedicate more of my currently scarce writing time to my other neglected WIP projects like Abysm’s Veil.)

I need to read over the new section a few more times, but was going to open it up to a few new testers for a final round of beta testing (most likely within the next week) if anyone was interested in joining before I submit it to HG. Particularly looking for grammar, typos and bugs at this stage, as well as anything that seems awkward, uncharacteristic or missing in the character interactions and choices in the final sections that involve Egypt in particular, although happy to consider any ideas or constructive criticism :slight_smile: . If interested, let me know here or send me a PM. Just a note to anyone considering joining, unlike my other WIP’s, this one is character locked to Oedipus (who is male). It also contains a few mature-ish themes (although nothing too explicit scene wise.) There’s a demo in the first post if you want to check it out first and see if it might be of interest.

Thank you to everyone who has supported getting this game up and running!

(Edit: For anyone interested, I did double my final wordcount estimate for this project as I predicted was going to happen in post 1. I really need to stop doing that :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Hi is there still place for more beta testers.

1 Like

Hi, I would like to test it please? I actually know the story and we even done a school play on it. It’s pretty nice

2 Likes

I would like to beta test please?

1 Like

@Ognjen_Dujakovic, @TheMercerVirus, @Hylaire_Dessalines1
Sure, and thank you for offering to beta test :smile: I’ll send a PM with the link when it’s up. (Just have to make a few more changes but will get the new version up soon.)

@TheMercerVirus Your school is amazing. I think mine would have run a mile away from a school play with the themes that are in Oedipus Rex.

2 Likes

Alternative answers :laughing:

12 Likes

ahh i remember that old riddle…i like the Pokemon answer better though.

2 Likes

I’m interested in trying the beta still slots open?

2 Likes

Sure, I haven’t submitted it to HG yet. I’ll send you the link :slight_smile:

So far it’s fascinating I’m at the ambush. ( I’m not sure does mercenary and tutor option both lead to tutoring because I thought I chose mercenary and yet,) but I think I’ll avoid any romances if i can those can be a real motherfucker :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

hey i would love to beta test your game -

2 Likes

sorry i forgot to ask is it still open?

@GenecoInheritor, the choice affects some stats but you do actually get a chance to have a try with both tutoring and mercinary with during the game :slight_smile: (The Sphinx is potentially a less problematic RO than the alternative if you want one btw.)

@Gamerboy01 sure you can join the beta :slight_smile: I’ll send you a link via the forums. (I don’t use emails as often unless someone needs to send me something specific as replies are easier for me to find here than in my email.) By the way, probably a good idea to delete or spell out your email address (like “at” instead of @) in the post above as spam bots pick up posted email addresses off forums and you’ll end up with spam being sent to you.)

2 Likes

yeah your right i wasn’t thinking now i know not to do that and i will delete

2 Likes

I got my happily ever after. I wooed the heart of the sphynx truly the best ending :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could test the beta. Thank you.

1 Like

Sure @denis6263, I’ll send you a link.

I’m working towards submitting this hopefully not long into the future and will close for new testers soon to give everyone who’s testing a chance to read it and for me to make changes, so if anyone else would like to join, please let me know soon :slight_smile:

is the beta still open ? I am interested to beta test your game. Thank you.

1 Like

I had a link to the beta but my account has erased it so if its still open, I’d like to test it again to see the full thing. Thanks.

1 Like

@Dust and @Mrmistoffelees999. Yep still open for a little while longer (almost done!) I’ll send out a link today :slight_smile: