The Saga of Oedipus Rex (Released)

Ok holding off a proper announcement thread, but for anyone following this game thread specifically it looks like google has beaten the other platforms to a release again!
Google Play link

If google’s released, I’m sure the other platforms will be out very soon :slightly_smiling_face: In the meantime introducing the Saga of Oedipus Rex. Hope everyone enjoys it :smiley:

8 Likes

Just downloaded it and left a review!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @adrao!

1 Like

I am glad that I was able to help with this project.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help @Rogar :smile:. You contributed heaps of useful advice to getting this project together (including convincing me to do a rewrite of one section which I think was a good call.) I really appreciate it. This game wouldn’t have been the same without advice and feedback from wonderful the beta testers on this project!

3 Likes

Hello, I just got the game, but I can’t seem to deviate to other paths. Like the God of Chaos, or the underworld?

1 Like

Hi @JustinM thanks for getting my game. Can you send me a PM and let me know which endings you’ve gotten? I can probably send you a quick walkthrough but it depends on which path you’ve been ending up on as some of the decisions you make early can actually change what happens later even though it might not seem like it at the time.

Also make sure you don’t pick the “Tragedy of Oedipus” option at the very start as it is designed to deliberately follow the main points of the original story. To always end up on a completely different path to the original, pick the 3rd option “The escape of Oedipus”. (Option 2 (The fate of Oedipus) can go either way :slight_smile: .)

Just as a guess but one of the things you need to do earlier on to end up on the 2 paths you’ve mentioned is save the Sphinx. If you haven’t done that, you won’t have the options to get to those areas.

2 Likes

Hey just wandering if you knew what was going on it said the game was released on the 16 but android hasn’t got it yet

1 Like

Congrats, @Jacic! I’m going into this blind, but that’s how I usually like to roll! Purchased it and will check it out this weekend!

4 Likes

Thanks @Eric_Moser, hope you like it!

@Jack15 the game seems to have had a bit of a delayed release on some platforms and not all came out on the 16th. (COG will put up the links when they’re all up.) For android try this link It’s up on my country’s android store and should work, but if it isn’t available yet for you, it should be up very soon :slight_smile:

Edit- Just checked the Hosted Games page and looks like it is now up for apple, google and amazon :grin:
Apple: Link
Google: Link
Amazon: Link

3 Likes

It was one of the best hosted games I’ve played :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @Prince_Tanix! That’s unbelievably nice of you to say that. You’ve just made my day :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hey guys…so what is the 8th ending that seems to be the longest storyline?

Hi @Sailendranath_Murmu that’s one of the Egypt endings, specifically if you die facing Apep and end up in the Egyptian afterlife. If you’re having trouble getting to it and would like the walkthrough for the different endings PM’ed to you let me know :slight_smile: It’s probably a shame it seems to be one of the harder ones to get to as it was one of my favourite endings to write.

3 Likes

I am actually missing the 6th and 8th ending… so since I know how to get the 8th ending that only leaves the 6th ending.

@Sailendranath_Murmu You obviously know how to fight giant world ending snakes too well if you’re getting ending 7 but not 6 or 8 :grin:

Ending 7 is an offshoot of ending 6 if the Sphinx dies during the battle with Apep. Endings 6-8 can get a bit tricky to find because the branches are splitting from the busy battle scene.

1 Like

when I wait for sphinx at the border, she always die and return as a mortal maybe it’s 5th ending. hero of Egypt is 7th ending where we both fight apep and live.but these ending also has 3 branch

1 Like