The Rosy Ones (WIP)

Am I misremembering the OG demo or is the beginning of this pretty different?

Well MC can betray people, be on a different side, even kill some people.

It’s very different! The beginning is a whole new chapter I’ve written!

6 Likes

This is REALLY good!!! Ill be looking forward to this game!! One of the better games, on par with the golden rose and suchh!!

1 Like

No one will harm so much as a hair on dragon boy’s pretty head! :rage:

4 Likes

Just played the demo and I love it

1 Like

I must say it, there’s a big glow-up! In the oldest demo, I wasn’t so engaged by the book, but now I’ve bookmarked it already, expecting for the new updates!

Also, my “confronting spirit” made me dislike Zakia and Kalie, so sorry for it, but now I have the desire to place my first in their faces.

Good luck with your work! I hope it goes well!

1 Like

Such high praise! Thank you so much! <3

:zipper_mouth_face:

Glad you liked it!

Thank you! The past demo (and draft I’ve written of the entire book) was me still trying to figure out the plot and just writing words on paper lmao glad this was a glow up!

8 Likes

Uhh I can’t input my own name. Every time I type it out, the game automatically thinks it’s wrong. Is this intentional?

1 Like

That’s because there’s already a character named Lucas and to make sure there is no confusion (especially since this character is going to be mentioned a lot), it takes you back to name selection!

3 Likes

Understandable but still ah, bummer :(((

I have to echo what other people have said, that the new version is much more engaging right off the bat than the previous one—definitely felt myself more drawn in this time around. Interested to see more.

Couple issues I found looking through the code:

1. If you pick creative writing as your major, the code sets it as "writing". When your major gets checked later on, though, the code searches for "creative writing", which means any of these conditionals get passed over (including a hefty shadow magic boost in Chapter 2).
  2. The stat check thresholds increase way faster than the actual stats possibly can. In both Chapters 2 and 3, the low_pass, mid_pass, and high_pass variables all go up by 5, while the actual chapters each include just a handful of increases of 1 and 2 at a time (and even that much is assuming you always pick the options that increase your best stats, which aren’t always obvious). By Chapter 3, even low_pass is up to 15, which only your highest stats will be able to clear (if that), while high_pass climbs all the way up to 25—which I’m not sure is even possible to reach.
6 Likes

Thank you!

Oh, I never noticed this. Thank you!

I’m fixing this the next update! I think I changed the thresholds with a placeholder amount (5 being the first to come to mind always) and forgot to check if they’re fine. I’m also planning to make the stats a little bit easier to manage next update. Thank you!

9 Likes

Wait. Is the kidnapper a RO or just someone MC can flirt with for fun? Cause I’m not gonna lie… I’m intrigued lol

2 Likes

Does someone managed to get the “Emerald Touch” and “Night Contact” achievements? If yes, then what did you choose to get them?

There will be a few people in the span of all the three planned books who can be flirted with just for fun (some with possible one night stands)

You won’t get Emerald Touch just yet, that’ll come in future chapters. But the Night Contact only needs at least 10 points with Emerald and that can be achieved by being charming, confident, sarcastic, and/or telling the truth or lying to them during the ‘interrogation’ part. EDIT: Oh, and you have to of course seek contact with them first. Either through asking for help with future enemies or asking for contact in case you want to be a Night agent.

9 Likes

Just played the demo, and I quite like it. Can’t wait to see more.

The Guardian Angels are giving me the creeps. Well, Luke seems ok. Ish. Maybe.

Don’t know if I’m going to aim for Akira or Zakia as a romance goal (hint hint for that possible poly route you mentioned). River seems like BFF material.

There’s plenty of WIPs I like, but there are very few that actually intrigue me with their mysteries in the first few chapters, and you’ve done that, so kudos. Additional kudos for avoiding a mistake I occasionally see on WIPs, which is to have a bunch of exposition at the start without any choices to make. Gonna keep an eye on this!

EDIT: Don’t suppose there’s any chance of one of the Familiar options being a hydra, is there?

Epic can’t wait for more

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it! The first version of the demo definitely did not have enough choices to make at the start. I learned from my mistakes as I was rewriting this.

There was a poll when this first was created and the winners were white stag, amarok, and dragon (or maybe one of them didn’t win but was changed?) so hydra currently isn’t part of the list of familiar options.

Thank you, glad you liked it!

4 Likes

DEMO UPDATE | NOV 27 2021

Added chapter 4. Entire demo is now 145k with code, 135k without, and 63k on average playthrough.

This is similar to the Chapter 3 or the past demo with a few new scenes and features. Some of the mistakes have been pointed out by my testers but it’s entirely possible we missed some so feel free to tell me if anything’s wrong.

I lowered the stat checks so it’s much easier now to pass stat checks. I think I’ll fix it completely once more than half of the book is finished so I have a better understanding of how the stats should work. That scene where you can steal the jar was added last minute and will be edited/fixed in the future.

Subroutines are a work in progress created simply to make it easier to gain skills points, health, and/or hang out with others in your spare time. Since it’s not yet a big thing in Chapter 4, I held off on finishing the subroutines.

Other suggestions, especially those that have to do with the story (suggestions to add scenes, options that’ll affect the story in the long run, etc) will be occasionally added to the game. I will also continuously fill up the released chapters when/if I think of other scenes/ideas/features that fit them.

That’s all I have to say about this chapter, I think. This is probably one of those chapters I’ll have to check again in the future to polish but is now, at least, acceptable. I loved this a lot when I was writing it for the first time but a writer’s heart is fickle when it comes to their own work, unfortunately.

I planned to update the demo once a month but December-January is holiday season and also a bit hectic with university deadlines so Chapter 5 will most like come end of January/start of February instead. I will be hanging out on my Tumblr page (linked above) though! Chapter 5 is also about 60% done so don’t worry about it taking too long!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I hope you’re all having a great day! <3

67 Likes

An amazing game so far and the story it’s pretty good can’t wait for more!
And by the way i was wondering if the mc races aren’t set in stone yet how about adding a beast man like race for the ones that like to have fluffy ears and tails :slight_smile: Ps. Sorry if there is any misspellings english its not my first language.