A city above the clouds. A secret history. A past you might not want to remember.
When you’re thrown into the magical world after your mother dies a sudden and odd death, you find yourself having to deal with not only the death of your supposed to be roommate and suspicion this brings you, but also the expectations of everyone who knows you but are unfamiliar to you. Will you be Rodinos’ saving grace, or will you fight to keep the Golden’s power? Will you succeed or will you crumble?
The Rosy Ones: Resurrections is a modern fantasy academia game set in Rodinos, The Rosy City, a city sat on the second highest cloud in Greece, right under Olympus, The Golden City. You play as the heir to one of the world’s biggest tech companies, asked to finish your studies where your now dead mother graduated, Rodinos University.
Up to Chapter 3 (Jan 31, 2021), 84k words without code, 90k with. 50k on average per playthrough. (May have to retry counting the average length per playthrough because that doesn’t seem right to me.)
Here’s a google form of the more general questions. Please answer if you can! Those who wish to remain anonymous but have suggestions, criticisms, mistakes to point out etc can also send them through this form.
I made Ko-Fi! If you enjoy my writing, please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee or commissioning me for a written piece!
Reminder, please read
This is a pretty rough draft. My writing process is usually just putting words on paper and figuring out the story, characters’ stories, and other stuff as I go. First chapters will be pretty underdeveloped in terms of plot depth and character depth. I will rewrite the entire book for the next drafts and I will focus more on the smaller details and characterization in the second draft!
The choices I wrote into the demo aren’t final, since sometimes I can’t think of other choices to add. Please tell me if there’s a choice you wish you were able to make and I’ll try to add it into the game as soon as possible.
Please check the To Do details before asking me for something so the forum won’t get cluttered up! Thank you!
old demo link. compiled.
I changed it back to scenes files because it’s less of a hassle to add a save option.
Changes listed from most recent to least.
WIPED ENTIRE PUBLIC DEMO (19/2/21)
This is only because I am rewriting the public demo. I am finishing the first draft of the entire book, and writing the second draft of the demo. Demo will now only be three chapters long because the book is most likely going to be ten-eleven chapters long.
- Fixed some minor coding mistakes in Chapter Three.
- Tried out personality stats, will most likely add them to previous chapters.
ADDED CHAPTER THREE (31/01/21)
- Fixed a continuity issue in Chapter One.
ADDED CHAPTER TWO PART 2 (16/1/21)
- Rewrote a few scenes, rewrote long scenes into choices so rereaders can skip.
- Added a suggested choice to not stay for breakfast.
- Added choice to say no to stealing Stef’s body.
- Fixed MC’s past pronouns being grammatically incorrect if using they/them.
- Fixed minor mistakes in the update.
ADDED CHAPTER TWO PART 1 (17/10/20)
- Rewrote a LOT of scenes.
- Changed Kalista’s name to Maya.
- Added a save button, though do tell me if it’s not working.
- Changed the very first part of the prologue.
- Added achievements but then removed them again because I didn’t like their names. They weren’t witty enough (29.05.20)
- Added option to either make speech about Maya or not. (29.05.20)
- Rewrote some scenes, added more emotions. (29.05.20)
- Made the health gains/losses fairmath for now, to make sure they don’t surpass 100 (25.05.20)
a lot ofsome pronoun mistakes (25.05.20)
ADDED CHAPTER ONE (24.05.20)
- Added ability to choose your own pronouns. (20.05.2020)
- Added more choices in the prologue. (20.05.2020)
- Fixed minor coding details (16.05.2020)
- Fixed grammatical errors (15.05.2020)
- Changed options from second person to first person. (15.05.2020)
- Finishing last few chapters of first draft and starting the second draft. We’re well on our way to finishing the entire game!
- More ‘mean’ choices. (probably second draft or sometimes I add them when I get ideas!)
- Add choice to have freckles.
- Add choice to wear glasses.
- Try to add more Matias and Chai scenes in the first few chapters (probably to do on second draft).
- Add more backstory scenes with both Rosa and Blair (probably to do on second draft).
- Better stats and stats page
- Add some suggested choices
- Chapter 4
- Editing/second draft of Chapter 1, 2, and 3
- Body horror (Prologue has this.)
- Mental health issues, and all its effects. (Panic attacks, extremely sad, dreary thoughts).
- Violence and death
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes etc
- Self harm, manipulated, in Chapter 2
- Not genderlocked
- Play as any sexuality.
- Find the Demigod Slayer and their connection to your mother’s murder.
- Resurrect your mother and your demigod suitemate.
- Join the revolution or side with the gods, or betray any or both of them.
- Uncover your suitmate’s secrets.
- Build friendships, gain trust, maybe even pursue relationships.
- Romance (or not) any of the six ROs. Maybe even a poly route.
- Be truthful or betray everyone.
Note: the stat page on the demo is not final and is there as placeholder at the moment. I will add a stats summary here as soon as I am done with it.
Each country has two clouds on top of it that carries only mythical creatures. Only the ones with godly blood in their veins are allowed to reside on the higher cloud, all others must stay on the lower cloud.
Rodinos City, The Rosy Cloud
Rodinos City is Greece’s lower cloud, housing mythical creatures of different kinds, builds, backgrounds, and religions. Even though everyone that lives here are Rosy, there is still a clear inequality between the rich and the poor, and the gap is only widening. At one end, there’s the rich neighborhood with vast backyards and grand architectural designs, the forest behind it.
On the other side, there’s the slums, overpopulated and hot and unfortunate. The oldest, most historical buildings stand here and are one by one being destroyed to make space for more Rosy creatures wanting to reside on Rodinos.
Between them is the metropolitan area, arguably the busiest part of the cloud. There are tall buildings and long, narrow streets. Betta Corporation’s Rodinos branch sits in the middle, its rooftop the highest point of all of the cloud.
Olympus, The Golden Cloud
On Olympus lives the Golden, anyone that has godly blood and/or is immortal. This can mean the major gods, the minor gods, demigods, or mortals that the gods favored and made immortal. It is extremely hard to enter and the desire of many.
No one outside actually knows what it looks like inside. From Rodinos, all one can see on top of the grand stairs are the large, white gates and the tall brick walls. There are rumors, however, of it having everything your heart will ever desire, right within arm’s reach.
Most creatures aim to one day reside on The Golden Cloud. Very rarely do they succeed.
Rodinos University is the only university on The Rosy Cloud, and it resides between the metropolitan area and the uptown. It is several centuries old, with countless secret passageways and rooms. There are more modern buildings for more modern classes like engineering and other science related ones.
In the middle of the main road, a statue of Athena stands tall with her book and armour. All around the campus, there are statues of other goddesses. It is said that the Rodinos University is connected more to goddesses than the gods, while Olympus University is the opposite.
Students enrolling may choose to live on campus or outside. It has several different boarding houses, ranging from old and damaged to new and prestigious. The player will live in the most prestigious building, the Hera Tower, with only ten suites, each one occupying a whole floor, and eight students with their own rooms in each.
This is where most of the story will take place.
Relationships are important in this game. You are to gain trust, build friendships, and maybe even trick them. Gaining trust does not mean you have to be truthful.
As part of the story, the PC/MC will be handed a dossier of all suitemates. These are now more accurate info, but are still not 100% final. They might change as I write. Here’s the other one.
I will most likely update the WIP page some time soon with more info, but for now these are what I have. I have a
tumblr page new tumblr link! for this where I will be entertaining more questions. Please do give a follow and ask me stuff!
I will also have this little part here where I ask for suggestions. Researching on my own is fun but there is so much more reach if I ask. As soon as I get enough data/what I am looking for, I’ll close the question and ask another one. If I need to, I’ll add polls.
Please also let me know about any typos, coding errors, suggestions, and/or critique. I am new to writing CYOA games and some stuff will need to be pointed out. Thank you!