Your whole world and everything you thought to be true about yourself are challenged after your mother’s death. Too soon, you find yourself having to deal with a dead roommate, a possible threat to your life, and too many gods wanting you on their side.
Navigate the golden politics of Rodinos and Olympus, gain a few powerful friends (or manipulate them!), and figure out the reason and possible cure to your hazy memories. Dig too deep and you might not like what you find. Will you be Rosy or will you be Golden?
The Rosy Ones: Resurrections is a modern fantasy academia game set in Rodinos, The Rosy City, a city sat on the second highest cloud in Greece, right under Olympus, The Golden City.
Up to Chapter 3 with 107k words with code, 95k without, 46k on average playthrough.
I made Ko-Fi! If you enjoy my writing, please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee or commissioning me for a written piece!
Reminder, please read
Second draft is here! While it is the second draft and much better than the first draft please don’t expect it to be without faults! I will have to polish it every now and then but I won’t, or at least don’t think so, wipe the demo again.
The choices I wrote into the demo aren’t final, since sometimes I can’t think of other choices to add. Please tell me if there’s a choice you wish you were able to make and I’ll try to add it into the game as soon as possible.
Please check the To Do details before asking me for something so the forum won’t get cluttered up! Thank you!
old demo link. compiled.
I changed it back to scenes files because it’s less of a hassle to add a save option.
Changes listed from most recent to least.
SECOND DRAFT OF DEMO (23/10/21)
- Akira and River changed to flippable genders.
- Rosa changed to adopted sister.
- Added and changed a few scenes/choices.
- Better stats and stats page but still under development.
WIPED ENTIRE PUBLIC DEMO (19/2/21)
This is only because I am rewriting the public demo. I am finishing the first draft of the entire book, and writing the second draft of the demo. Demo will now only be three chapters long because the book is most likely going to be ten-eleven chapters long.
- Fixed some minor coding mistakes in Chapter Three.
- Tried out personality stats, will most likely add them to previous chapters.
ADDED CHAPTER THREE (31/01/21)
- Fixed a continuity issue in Chapter One.
ADDED CHAPTER TWO PART 2 (16/1/21)
- Rewrote a few scenes, rewrote long scenes into choices so rereaders can skip.
- Added a suggested choice to not stay for breakfast.
- Added choice to say no to stealing Stef’s body.
- Fixed MC’s past pronouns being grammatically incorrect if using they/them.
- Fixed minor mistakes in the update.
ADDED CHAPTER TWO PART 1 (17/10/20)
- Rewrote a LOT of scenes.
- Changed Kalista’s name to Maya.
- Added a save button, though do tell me if it’s not working.
- Changed the very first part of the prologue.
- Added achievements but then removed them again because I didn’t like their names. They weren’t witty enough (29.05.20)
- Added option to either make speech about Maya or not. (29.05.20)
- Rewrote some scenes, added more emotions. (29.05.20)
- Made the health gains/losses fairmath for now, to make sure they don’t surpass 100 (25.05.20)
a lot ofsome pronoun mistakes (25.05.20)
ADDED CHAPTER ONE (24.05.20)
- Added ability to choose your own pronouns. (20.05.2020)
- Added more choices in the prologue. (20.05.2020)
- Fixed minor coding details (16.05.2020)
- Fixed grammatical errors (15.05.2020)
- Changed options from second person to first person. (15.05.2020)
- Tech and Combat have higher initial gains than the other stats because there’s far less chances for them to rise in the first few chapters. I’m getting to adding more combat/tech choices in the first three chapters (maybe just casually including them in conversations lmao) to fix this but this is my temporary fix.)
- Add some suggested choices
- Chapter 4
- Body horror
- Mental health issues. (Panic attacks, paranoia, implied self harm, nightmares from traumatic experiences, PTSD in some characters, etc)
- Violence and death
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes etc
- Manipulation and mind control.
- Not genderlocked, choose your own pronouns
- Play as any sexuality.
- Build friendships, gain trust, maybe even pursue relationships.
- Romance (or not) any of the six ROs. Maybe even a poly route.
- Will add more here when the demo comes.
Relationships are important in this game. You are to gain trust, build friendships, and maybe even trick them. Gaining trust does not mean you have to be truthful.
Removed dossier file for the moment since it’s empty! I was hoping to get to fixing the details but currently busy with other things. For now, here are the confirmed ROs (copy pasted from my tumblr, might make shorter descriptions for forum in the future):
AKIRA SAITO (F/M)
A kitsune and a photojournalist for the Rosy Times, RU’s newspaper. They are cheerful and energetic, can be overbearing. Optimistic to the core, Saito is often the one holding the group together. Behind their cheerful grins, however, lies a will so sharp it’s hard to predict which lines they wouldn’t cross.
CHAI SANTIAGO (M)
A were dragon and the mayor’s second son. He’s a well known model for his family’s clothing brand, SAINT Iago, and for being the exact opposite of his business minded and serious brother. Charming and distracting, Santiago is known for not taking things seriously–often with an unsure smile and jokes that don’t quite land well. Santiago is often underestimated but no one knows the true limits of his magic.
KALI MERCIA (F)
A sorceress of unknown origins. Mercia is mysterious and calculating, and not much is known about her history and background. She is often harsh and blunt, with magic that seems stronger than an average magical’s. Mercia has a silver tongue that skillfully leads conversations where she wants them to lead, unforgiving in the way she uses what she learns. No one knows where her loyalties truly lie.
MATIAS FUENTES (M)
A goblin who spends more time in his lab creating weapons than using his magic. Fuentes is friendly and approachable, with an easy going smile that makes him kind of a pushover. He is often trying to please other people, folding quickly when they look at him harsher than he can take. Fuentes is just about the least threatening person in the suite.
RIVER LA FONTAINE (F/M)
A selkie noble hailing from the Selkie Realm. La Fontaine is often confused with this realm’s culture but takes everything in stride with a perfectly placed smile and a willing and curious personality. La Fontaine is diplomatic and calm at all times, magic thrumming low under their skin but rarely used. They are quiet and absent in conversations, though often one to step up to berate the others when the fighting gets too much. Their quiet nature makes it hard for others to grasp what they truly think and feel.
ZAKIA KHAN (F)
An arae, a curse giver , who is an employee of the Underworld. Khan is irritable and unwilling to trust new people, though extremely loyal towards those she calls her friends. Cold and intimidating, Khan can be a powerful ally but a deadly enemy. There is no forgiving bone in her body for those who hurts the people she loves.
I will most likely update the WIP page some time soon with more info, but for now these are what I have. I have a
tumblr page new tumblr link! for this where I will be entertaining more questions. Please do give a follow and ask me stuff!
I will also have this little part here where I ask for suggestions. Researching on my own is fun but there is so much more reach if I ask. As soon as I get enough data/what I am looking for, I’ll close the question and ask another one. If I need to, I’ll add polls.
Please also let me know about any typos, coding errors, suggestions, and/or critique. I am new to writing CYOA games and some stuff will need to be pointed out. Thank you!