The Rise of the Ochita [WIP] CHAPTER 6 NOW OUT (60K WORDS) 30-12-2023

You allow the hunters to play with their stag, mentally wishing them luck but preoccupied with your own task.

This is the third page first chapter, I don’t really like the way this sentence is built.
I’m not sure how to explain it but reading it just feels wrong.

Distracted by your own task, you wish the hunters a silent good luck with theirs.

I feel like this sounds a little better, though it definitely can be improved.

2 Likes

Status update Chapter 3

As things stand, I’m hopeful I will be releasing Chapter 3 by the end of this week, or the beginning of next. Until then, a poll that can be very revealing and fun!

Who is your preferred romantic interest so far?
  • Jacob Smith
  • Seneka
  • Tsipi
  • Melanie
  • More than one

0 voters

As it stands, chapter 4 is going to take a much different course…An alien invasion is imminent and the MC will have to deal with it, fighting alongside British and French troops…It’s about time the game becomes a space opera!

Happy April Fool’s Day everyone!

4 Likes

Hey everyone! Chapter 3 is now out!

As the big moment of the impending clash approaches, you find yourself planning the siege of the French Beaufort fort. Old acquaintances will resurface, new relationships and loyalties will be tested and old enemies will finally make their moves, all in the harsh background of war.

As I’m also saying in the post, future updates will focus on different chapters for different paths chosen throughout the game. Your choices are imporant and every path counts. This also means that Chapters will not be released as frequently as they used to from now on, and I beg for your understanding! I hope you enjoy this update and as always let me know what you think! Polls will follow a couple of days after this release.

13 Likes

Seems interesting. I’ll check this out later.

1 Like

I enjoyed the story so far

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I would like to send my wishes for a happy Easter to all Catholics and Protestants celebrating today! (As a Greek, our Easter is one week ahead. But this also means that this coming week I will finally have some time off work and will be able to finish off the chapter) Wishing that you all get to have a wonderful time whether you celebrate or not! As an Easter egg, the next chapter is going to introduce a character inspired by one of you guys! I thought it is a fun way to engage with you all by introducing minor characters in the game as a tribute to all of you who support this project and also help me with your feedback. Do you like this idea for future chapters?

• Count me in!
  • Nayyyyyyyyyyyy

0 voters

5 Likes

Hi

Is possible to romance Jacob in the next chapters because i didn’t want romance him at the beginning of story ?

Thanks you

2 Likes

Yes, you will get the chance to do so in future chapters. You will get to know him better, away from the war environment, but also get to know newly introduced characters, old friends and colleagues. But the romantic scene with Jacob on Chapter 3 is only available if you are on his romantic path from the start.

1 Like

Good news everyone! Chapter 4 will be released in a couple of days! Spoilers ahead :

How the times have changed. Your life now hangs by a thread. Will you survive the imprisonment? New opportunities shall arrise, new challenges lie ahead, new characters introduced, as you experience life on the opposite side. Will you choose to escape? And if so, do you think you’re capable enough of making it alive? Or will you choose to change allegiances and help the French cause? And who is the mysterious stranger who arrives, threatening to change your life forever? Find out soon…

6 Likes

Hello everyone! And a Happy Easter to those who celebrate today (Orthodox Christians)…Chapter 4 has been released!!! Looking forward to your feedback! As always, thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement.

5 Likes

While Chapter 5 is being developed, it would be interesting to check what each of you thinks of the possible paths ahead.

Did you choose to stay with the French in Chapter 4?
  • I escaped
  • I stayed back

0 voters

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I hope May has started great for you. Unfortunately for me it hasn’t been that kind. I caught the flu and as a result I have been unable to write anything for the last couple of days. Progress before that point had reached 50% for the new Chapter. Nonetheless, I do have an important question for you. Would you prefer if Chapters were released all together for all branches or as soon as one is ready, release that, even if that means some parts of the story will not progress with the same speed?

• All branches out at the same time
  • Release anything as soon as it’s ready

0 voters

7 Likes

Hello everyone!!! Just letting you know, i’m still working on the new update, it’s going well, about 70% done. I haven’t had much time to write so far but the game is still on! Summer is here and hopefully I can find some more time instead of progressing with these slow speeds…

6 Likes

This game reminds me of a book ive readed when i was a child “The last of the Mohicans” if im not mistaken.

4 Likes

Yes, the last of the Mohicans acted as my inspiration! I always found that time period fascinating! I hope you enjoy it

5 Likes

Ok, Big News everyone! The new Chapter is ready and will be released sometime in August. I’m currently playtesting and finding mistakes in the code. If i manage to solve everything out before I leave for holidays at the end of the week then I will release it this week. Otherwise, It’s gonna be released some time beofre the end of the month.

Plot changes :

There are two different stories, depending on whether you chose to stay with the French or not. If you chose to stay, then brace yourself for a British siege in Montreal. You will get intrioduced to new characters and some of those you already know may be hiding more to them than you previously thought…Will you survive the siege and emerge victorious? And who is threatening to destroy it all? Or you could have chosen to escape the French and now find yourself with the difficult task of trying to find your way towards some place familiar. But will it be enough?

The new update will take the word count to 50k words, and we have slowly moved past the middle part of the story and heading towards the grand finale. I have also made minor changes in the gameplay of Chapter 4, after noticing some coding mistake at the end of it which was not supposed to be there. So, apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to your saves.

As always, thank you for being so patient with me during the last couple of months and hopefully updates are gonna take sooner from now on.

12 Likes

Finally, a shamanic Native American story. Good luck.

2 Likes

Ok everyone! Chapter 5 has now been succesfully uploaded!!! The update brings the game to a total of 51k words. Different branches means that you will have a different Chapter 5 for a very crucial choice you made on Chapter 4. I’m awaiting for your feedback, alongside any bugs I may have missed. There might be an issue with old saves interwining with the updated game files, as I tried loading the game from a previous chapter on dashingdon and the last page of the latest chapter will not load. Maybe if you delete your cache or skip using your save files could fix the problem. The chapter should be ending with a message notifying you to proceed to “save game”. To avoid replaying over and over, make sure to save frequently.

11 Likes