Choice of Games Project
A family of four moves into an old house, which turns out to be occupied by a ghost— you.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME:
Since your spirit is cursed to be stuck in your ancestral home, the only way you can leave its confines is for you to latch onto another living being. In other words, you must attach yourself to another soul who considers your home as his or her own.
That being said, you can choose to latch yourself onto either Lucas or Ashly.
* Help the family overcome their problems or aggravate it further.
- You can choose to help Lucas or Ashly in their personal struggles at school or ignore their issues completely.
- You can help Lucas or Ashly find “the right one” or try to romance them yourself (with a bittersweet end, obviously).
- Stick with the family for one whole year, before the father’s job demands them to leave for another town.
The Bonaventure Family
- Arthur Bonaventure — The bustling father. A management accountant.
- Lillian Bonaventure — The troubled mother. Remains at home.
- Lucas Bonaventure — The reserved brother. A student under Accountancy.
- Ashly Bonaventure — The intrepid sister. A student under Fine Arts.
- Luther — The loyal family pet. The only one who can originally see you.
The Averel Family — A family of three. Has an two children-- the twins Delian and Diana-- both who makes fun of the Bonaventure kids.
Notable Students of Eastwood University
- Victor Armstrong — The son of the local judge. Stereotypical jock. Egotistic, serious, but extremely loyal to close friends and to those in “closer relationships” with him.
- Harold “Harry” Griffiths — Your average man. Typical joker. Charming, funny, and quite a popular philanderer; he may or may not have the tendency to change base on your actions.
- Elizabeth “Lizzy” Reid — Your resident smartass. Highly intelligent. Calculating, standoffish, but has the capacity to be a warm person to a select few.
- Vanessa Morrigan — A regular fly on the wall. Incredibly reserved. Quiet, demure, but is exceptionally adept in her classes and can be an incredibly sweet companion.
PROLOGUE AND CHAPTER ONE DEMO
Version 2 (Updated May 19, 2016)
May 5 '16 Update: Thank you for your amazing “causes of death” suggestions XD Gladdens the heart to see you all engaging with the story. I’ve added Aneurysm and Apnea.
May 19 '16 Update: I’ve had a raging fever for a week, that’s why the uploading is uber delayed, and some of the paragraphs might sound wrong or distorted Please inform me of any serious bugs and grammatical errors. CHAPTER ONE is added!.. well, at least, a demo of chapter one is added…
FEATURES TO EXPECT ON NEXT UPDATE:
Once Ashly and Lucas start their first day at Eastwood University, you can unlock their Academic Performance and their Relationships with significant classmates.
Again, note that Ashly and Lucas will have different starting stats, from academic performance, up to their relationships with their family and their classmates.
Ashly’s and Lucas’ personalities will be severely different (so will be my writing style for both of them, so yey for my apparent masochism)
Take note that people around Ashly or Lucas will treat them differently. Relatively, Ashly and Lucas will treat you differently (so be careful (or don’t, go ahead, go crazy) with how you talk and interact with them).
I highly value your comments and opinions, though I sometimes don’t know to respond to them because I’m a great idiot.
You can suggest more “Causes of Death” if the current ones do not fit your fancy (and yes, I’ve considered suicide, but I’m currently avoiding it like the plague due to its issues with sensitivity). The only condition that has to be met is that your character has to die in the house.