The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

Yeah, I would prefer it to be gray, just to keep it consistant

2 Likes

Speaking of the death penalty; I am fully in support of passing a bill that will end the death penalty in the US in this game.

I was wondering whether a senate filibuster is going to be present in this game when trying to pass a controversial bill like the ban of the death penalty?

6 Likes

Im totally in favor of the death penalty, and i think we should leave it there because there are other threads to discuss real world politics, but this isnt one of them.

1 Like

Hmm, I guess the two kinda overlap though, at least somewhat? Plus an option to either try and increase the use of the death penalty/abolish it would be an interesting thing to explore…as would how to deal with say…an important captured figure if you go to war with someone/choose to kidnap someone important like a world leader, rather than flat out kill them.

2 Likes

Maybe, but there are some crimes that are inexcusable and the only way to make sure those people dont commit them again is to kill them. And killing a world leader would cause a huge crisis in the leaders country, while capturing him would give you bargaining power so its really more what the situation calls for.

2 Likes

I prefer the grey spelling myself, but if you’re going to pick a spelling, do stick to it.

3 Likes

I wasn’t actually looking to debate the merits of the death penalty in this thread, sorry if I gave that impression.

What I am more interested in is whether this game will reflect how the Senate of the US operates sometimes when controversial bills are brought forth to it. I do believe that there will be at least one senator or senators who will employ obstructionist tactics such as a filibuster to not allow my proposed ban of the death penalty to come to a vote and requiring 60 vote majority instead of a simple majority (or at least 50 votes since my Vice President will vote with me). This will require me to negotiate with other members of a party.

I am thinking of the politics in this game.

6 Likes

Ok, Im sorry, I thought we were talking about politica in real life and I have extremely strong opinions on politics so I was just trying explain that there were other threads for that, since this isnt the place for that. Sorry if I came off as rude. Also I agree with you on seeing congress and how it reacts to those things.

1 Like

Bingo. And I will correct it tomorrow afternoon - it’s 1 AM here and I am on phone.
For updates chapter-in-works is 75% complete.

5 Likes

No problem, I too have strong political opinions but with regards to the death penalty I am not too involved (even though I disagree with the idea of the death penalty) since I do not live in the US. In my country it is banned since 1995 after the Constitutional Court’s ruling against capital punishment. I am hopeful in this game it will be like the House of Cards with all its politicking.

4 Likes

Yes! I want lots of backstabbing and ruining other peoples public images as you try to keep yours intact.

3 Likes

Are we still talking about politics?
:smirk:

2 Likes

Get your mind out of the gutter😂. And yes we are still talking about politics

2 Likes

It would be interesting to have a scene where you will become hostage

3 Likes

Hostage as in terrorist attack hostage or as in nuclear attack bunker hostage

3 Likes

All the variants,that you mentioned are good, they can happen in turn, depending on your style of play

3 Likes

Lol

I hope @spyder read it.

3 Likes

It would be better if we could hold hostages

2 Likes

For what exactly :confused:

2 Likes

To get other countries to do as i say

3 Likes