Almost two years after the “Imprisoned” I finally started an another game.
There were thousands of inspirations, a couple of ideas, a bunch of problems, and many lessons learnt. But in the end I managed to decide.
I make a game under the working title: “The Orc”.
What I want to achieve in this game is:
- recreate the feeling of might from the “Choice of Dragon”
- utilize the new amazing ChoiceScript features
- write a involving, interesting and epic story with twists and turns
- make a character stats simple but significant
- avoid gender and sexuality issues
- conceal language mistakes with crude form
- create a game of rare “you’re a bad guy” kind
- refresh some of the “Imprisoned” ideas which are liked while avoiding it’s problems (unfortunate trial time bug)
- make use of the community feedback
- spice it with some humor
- use as much of this knowledge as possible: http://www.choiceofgames.com/category/blog/game-design/
- Teaser deployment: 19.09.2012 (today)
- Beta starts: 12.11.2012 (less than two months from now)
- Final deployment: ~10.12.2012(less than three months from now)
The teaser/demo should be available in around 30-45min. I’ll post it in this thread. Stay tuned!