Hello! This is the alpha demo for my project, The Northern Passage. In this story you play as a hunter, sent up north to investigate a series of missing people along the border and in the port cities of the Blackwater.
Working with your handler and partner, Lea, you will travel north and discover that things are far worse than you ever could have imagined, and that there is something powerful lurking out in the deep, dark sea…
What to expect from this story:
- Horror. First and foremost this is a horror story. I do have all current necessary content warnings listed in the demo.
- Heavily character driven. This story relies on character interactions!
- Impactful choices….eventually.
- Character customization – name, appearance, gender, weapon preference, even name your horse
- ROs. Three with gender preference options and one non-binary.
What I’m working on now:
Currently, I’m plodding through Chapter 1. I’m kind of just rolling the dice with this, to be honest. I’ve had this story in a folder for a really long time, actually meant to be a d&d campaign with friends, but it’s never come to pass. So! I decided to try and share it this way. And this is literally the first draft – there are some scenes here that I’m still looking to change a bit to be honest. But I really wanted to push myself to share it rather than just holding onto it and re-editing it a million times and never getting anywhere.
I’m looking for any kind of feedback at the moment – pointing out grammar mistakes, coding errors, etc., does anything feel odd, strange sentences, etc. all that kind of stuff.
Current word count (Aug 3 2020): 25k~