The Mysteries of Baroque — Rise from the dead to take revenge on your killers!

Same… Good luck to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same to you XD

Edit: @Eric_knight What made you interested in Chloe? I choosed her as first RO bc I’m trying to do more of a Phantom of the opera playthrough than Frankensteins monster one and for that Chloe seemed more fitting.

1 Like

Actually you can romance holofernes check out achievement it was the first thing i did. In my first playthrough. It was hard to let go… super hard…

I was initially interested in Holofernes too… until i met Chloe, where i help her rewrote the script of one of the play, i chose to answer " Because i know about Death myself" … and from there i sense that Chloe was asking such question because she herself is suffering from terminal illness and she may not live long, Chloe is trying to experience what there is in life fully before she dies one day. From this moment , my philosophical self hit me… is it consider the greatest gift for love when she has someone who will stay by her side until the last moment of her breath ? I can imagine what it feels like when we are in a final stage of our life, feeling the fear of Death alone without anyone dear by our side… so with Chloe, since she can’t be an immortal like myself , all i can do is accompanying her till the final days of her ( i am assuming she will die in the end), so that she won’t suffer the same fate like my previous self, dying alone in fear and being beat to brutal death

3 Likes

Frankenstein~ Good idea. We need more rise from the dead stories

1 Like

You can bring her back.

2 Likes

I’ll admit I left out the first chance to interact with her. My MC is a composer not a writer so I thought she could help out Julian more effectively. So when I first heard about her illness I was shocked then I though maybe I can save her and after giving even more thoughts to it I was like I would be okay with a bittersweet romance knowing I tried my best to make her happy.

@No_This_Is_Patrick. I kinda regret but at the same time I’m also happy that I read your spoiler, now there is a chance to have a happy ending to this romance.

1 Like

is it that we really heal her or she will be re-animated into someone like us :slight_smile:

@Cari-san I am wondering , is our MC looks horrible ? the earlier description seems indicating this … we have limb that was not ours right ? I am imagining my MC is " The Hunchback of Notre-Dame" while Chloe is Esmeralda , i am glad if the ending is not a tragic one like Quasimodo and Esmeralda :slight_smile:

She will be reanimated, but not cut up and scarred like us. Also you can get shapeshifting powers to heal your own scars.

@Cari-san yeah I’m personally not a fan of heartbreaking endings so I was happy for the option.

2 Likes

Quasimodo isn’t exactly how I imagine my MC. I imagine my MC as a woman with a really pale skin and with many scars on her and with an arm which doesn’t actually belong to her and if someone touches her there is no pulse. But no hunchback and stuff like that. She still tries to have the bearing of an aristocratic woman.

Edit: @No_This_Is_Patrick My tolerence to heathbreaking endings depends on my mood. Hell, there was a time for me when I was a fan of greek tagedies and those are full of hearthbreaking endings.

5 Likes

Sexy zombie :leg:

8 Likes

For me, this is a good story from the theme, the plot to the character. Each character has its own special trait and I really love Julian. The scene where I decided to look for Julian and watched him play violin “Winter Symphony” in the theater makes me heartbreak. Also, this is a really tragic story (all the characters have their own sad stories, including the MC) and that leaves in me an ineffable emotion after finishing the game. I wish the story was longer (I did not want it to end :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:) and I will recommend it to my friends.

4 Likes

The story is not at all, What I was expecting. Is a great game with a good plot and many stuff to do. However, I was hoping for a horror themed cog. This is not a horror themed cog. Is a fantasy cog with certain mystery and sci fi touches. I really recommend it highly. But don’t expect horror and terrifying moments as this game has none.

Even if had a good dark poetic cuthulku style moments . I hope this helps to in a future cog add more real Horror games Something like Amnesia in a cog trying to escape from a horror could be amazing.

3 Likes

Lol… aren’t it suppose to be we are terrifying other people?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see the terror anyway I even had charisma powers lol. This is more a dark poetry Victorian gothic novel. With tragic characters and a dark romantic atmosphere. Not a horror novel. I love this don’t get me wrong. But I was expecting terror and horror

2 Likes

It was meant as a joke my friend :wink:
But like you said, it is a light tone tragic romantic story, which i am enjoying the bitter sweet moment …

I just want to say this, Chloe is undoubtedly my favorite RO out of all the COGs and HGs this year so far. I had a legitimate lump in my throat in the scene where she asks the MC to stay with her until she falls asleep because I thought she was going to die right then and there. I’m glad that didn’t happen and that when she did die I was able to bring her back, even though it shortened my (second?) life-span. Chloe’s too precious.

6 Likes

I romance her too but decided not bring her back. I thought she didn’t want to be a monster and I wouldn’t short my life span for a girl I just met less than a month ago. A great written poetic romance it reminds me to Poe.

In my playthrough, she was really happy to be brought back, although that may be because I didn’t tell her that it meant I was not going to live too long (that would destroy her and she would never want that). Chloe was still so young, such a great actress, loyal (so much so that she spent her last moments beside me just as I did earlier in her darkest hour), with such an amazing passion for life in spite of being haunted by a terminal illness, she just did not deserve to die that young. I truly believe Chloe deserved another chance at a happy life regardless of whether or not one was romancing her.

And I agree, this game is so well-written.

2 Likes

So, in literature, it is horror. Victorian gothic literature was horror. Frankenstein is a horror novel. Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (well, that’s more a novella/short story), that is horror. Moving from the Victorian period into the 20thC, Phantom of the Opera is a horror novel. If you mean horror in the sense of things that really frighten you, no. But I don’t think it’s incorrect to call it horror, and you can’t separate Victorian gothic novels from the genre of “horror” in the same period.

22 Likes