The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

…now I’m not gonna be able to picture the Lady as anyone but Married… With Children era Katey Sagal. And I think that’s beautiful.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I, personally, was thinking something more along the lines of this:

Er… Anyway! The whole getting with Lady Calinas thing weirds me out because- sure, the MC and she aren’t actually related (though they might be? Flash could’ve been the Lady’s wayward niece/nephew, who knows?) but that one Brady Bunch movie gave me enough ‘not quite incest’ to last a lifetime.

Not to mention the weird sexual tension between Dexter and his sister in the show Dexter, being able to marry your ‘siblings’ in Fire Emblem: Fates

2 Likes

Was it incest or wincest? :smirk:

See, now you’re getting really close to Supernatural fandom level weirdness with ‘wincest’ and… I don’t want to go there.

3 Likes

I was just joking anyway

Oh, yeah, no, I definitely had a chuckle. It just… Reminded me of things.

edit: and (because I am a paragon of on-topicness) I’m pretty sure that the Lady and Finn are gonna get together in some capacity down the line anyway, though not in any sort of full on romantic capacity. Maybe the occasional knocking of boots, I dunno, but I don’t want to get in the way of all that. Or involved in all that.

…unless they’re related in some capacity. Crap on a cracker, I don’t know who might be related to whom.

Well Finn seems interested, is Lady Calinas intersted who knows?

Will it be possible for the Lady (forgot her name) to get close enough to the MC to start seeing them as her actual child and then start feeling guilty about some things (killing Flash to name an example)? Or is she just not going to care about the MC or anything to do with the MC as long as she accomplishes her goal?

3 Likes

“Show us on the doll where the bad lady touched you…”

I’m not as upset by that as you might think…

Yeah, that particular pairing isn’t doing anything for me. I might leave some mild hints if people really want it but I’m not sure there’s any real traction in the relationship.

Fire Emblem should just give up and become a dating sim with swords, I feel no joy overcoming the evil empire and all the joy matching up the most adorkable couples.

Shall I just go ahead and throw that into the Yuri high-school version?

Layers upon layers upon layers…

That would be spoilers, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

4 Likes

For some reason I see them as having a similar dynamic to what Vicomte de Valmont and Marquise de Merteuil had in Les liaisons dangereuses, except with maybe less screwing as a means to take down people and more political/goal-oriented.

But maybe I’m being influenced by all the speculation going on here about twisty sexual relationships.

1 Like

That’s why I said there should be an escape for those who don’t want to go down that path.

From my readings of the material written so far, maternal instincts and guilt don’t sound in-character for her.

It is not yet clear if she has only one goal. There may well be follow-up goals for which the MC will be useful as well.

Imagine if the MC wasn’t the intelligence based MC and because they’re all new to the world and innocent and basically a kid they forgot how babies are made and turn to their companions to ask them how babies are made.

I 100% would put money on Arinthas answering “The Forge” and not even meaning it ironically.

EDIT: Actually, considering the MC has none of Flash’s memories, how much of common world knowledge do they have? Do they remember their education? History? Math? Proper grammar and such? Can they read and write still? Or was all of that wiped out as well.

(Exception being intelligence MC because that kinda information is probably already in their new noggin so yeah.)

2 Likes

No doubt, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing, and the grooming of the MC for a prince/princess’s bed was already mentioned to be a major part of the noble path for this story. So that tidbit set our imaginations soaring

Can’t say I’ve seen those movies but since I very much like Annette Benning’s acting and love Glenn Close’s maybe I should (now I feel like watching Damages again just to see her beautiful evil evil self in action).

Cruel Intentions I have seen though and found it lacking, but then again that is the problem with adapting a book to film. Especially since the wonderful writing is in the form of correspondence between characters and you get to see so much of their inner workings that way.

Cruel Intentions was only very loosely based on the novel, and it was not without its flaws. It was the most juvenile of the three, but that shouldn’t be surprising given its setting and its target demographic. It is my least favorite of the three.

1 Like

@LtRipley I also have to add that while Close and Benning both gave extremely good performances as Merteuil, their individual renditions of that same character are distinctive and fun to contrast. The bitterness of Close’s Merteuil and the way it colored her thoughts and made her utterly ruthless was very palpable, while the predatory nature of Benning’s Merteuil was mostly hidden under her soft kittenishly playful facade until suddenly the claws came out and her target was left a human wreck.

This thread took an unusually classy tone here…

I’m not sure how I feel about this…

Like a dog chasing a car I’ve been trying to class up the place for so long, I have no idea how to act when it actually gets classy…

7 Likes

Like this.

3 Likes