The Masked Mirror - WIP (Playtest Available)

this is looking good so far i supouse you could change the title to The Masked Mirror - demo when you input acouple more chapters into the game.

1 Like

I like what you have so far, about your pronoun problems why don’t you do like I did with mine and set variables for them? Like I have p1 that will be set as he, she or they during the gender selection and then when I write my code I just do ${p1} and boom, it puts it the pronoun I need with me having to think

2 Likes

here i am, with some report :grin:

typo :
The threats thrown around in the racket make yur hairs rise on end. You have no idea how they hate you this much. (your)

A warning bell rings in the distance, and it only worsens your mental condition; it reverberates within your skull and it feels like dull knives are wedging themselves into your brain, over and over again until it feels like your head is about to fall apart. (worsen)

You already know the answer, but you maybe if you pretend that you don’t, someone’ll yell “SURPRISE!” and tell you it’s all one big, sick joke. (no need to put you in there)

You think qickly, and blurt out: “I’ll give you the Jar.” (quickly)

i ate/drank the soup, so why its still there? :confused:

and i want to say, i love what you’ve got so far, and the kids scene is so adorable :blush: i can relate to that scene, coz i always find kids cute (though for the naughty one is a NO), but somehow i adore scott that i want to pinch his cheek. and for Alana i want to pat her head, and i want to piggyback Milo :joy:

Edit : why did you tease me with tha dmitri goodnight scene ?! :joy:

3 Likes

Lol the kids are cute, especially the part where the enemies are clarified :smile: Alana I so want to adopt, she is just too adorable :grinning:

4 Likes

lol, ikr… i though the story begin with some intenses action and fighting scenes with enemies. :laughing:

hhhnnggg~ i cant pick one, can i adopt all of them~ (consider my love for children, maybe being kindergarten teacher is a perfect job for me hhaaaa :sweat_smile: or maybe babysitter)

I really like what you have going here so far! The mask idea is extremely intriguing, and I can’t help but wonder if the MC is going to continue to wear a mask on their quest or, if they don’t, feel any kind of discomfort at the fact that they’re not.

Overall I’m just very interested in the world you have going, and I’m excited to get out and start our li’l exploration.

I’m also in the “lets adopt these kids” group. I love that you’re already making the MC out into this kind-of mentorish figure (and some of the more reluctant options are great, I just imagine the MC sitting up in the tree and screaming down to this batch of eight year olds. It’s great.)

Anyway, I’m excited to see what you come up with next! Good luck!

3 Likes

aaaargh! Those darn gender flags!

Sorry about those! I’ll try and get them all fixed soon ;u;

thanks for playing!

2 Likes

Thanks for alerting me to the typos! Also, I’m glad you like the children, I love them very much owo

And the soup is there because the PC ate most of it, but there’s still some left :grin: I’ll have to make that clearer

2 Likes

can i adopt all of them~

I’ll tell you a secret shhh

Their teacher is one of the ROs, and treats them like his kids. So you kind of can.

7 Likes

that’s strange! It didn’t pop up on the quicktest. I’ll look into that.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Like I replied to the other members of “adopt these kids” club, you kind of can. Heh heh :grin:

3 Likes

Too bad he’s a guy though :disappointed:

3 Likes

It’s gone now, I just checked. But it was there.

Also, I haven’t found any other errors.

So far, the story you have set up has completely caught me in it’s web.

I like the world setting, the writing style, and it seems that you’ve managed to avoid the robotic dialogue that I’ve seen other WIPs struggle with…so in my opinion, you’re doing great.

I think this WIP has a lot of potential, and I wish you luck with the writing and coding.

3 Likes

Ooh? Is that so…?

B-but Demeter already seems so cool.

But also being a mentor figure with the teacher and basically adopting the children? That sounds absolutely adorable.

Ahh, this is going to be a problem for me isn’t it?

A good problem, that is.

2 Likes

Demeter is pretty cool, but there is also the unseen princess (I’m assuming that the 3 stories we told are the 3 ROs that are gender flexible) and well…if I can’t be the princess then I do like the idea of marrying one :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, he’s one of the fixed ROs. But that doesn’t mean you can’t wrestle the kids’ affections from him, amirite?

2 Likes

Mwahaha. Decisions, decisions!

3 Likes

Totally! I’ll just marry the princess and take the kids off to our castle with us lol

1 Like

Ding ding ding! You are correct! I have a feeling you’re going to like the princess a lot :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that! Also, I’ve checked the error you were talking about, and it doesn’t seem to be there anymore. I’ve also fixed a few other errors after that one

1 Like