The Lost Heir Trilogy

I thought Samurai of Hyuga was good, but I saw a lot of people get put off about the play some now and buy the rest later part.

I mean not to say that’s the only reason, but it probably effected its ranking a bit.
Although me personally I do like that option so long as it unlocks the full game and not just keeps asking me to buy.
IMO games that let you sample then decide if you want to get the full or not are better. Just so that I can get a feel if I like the game or not and don’t have to outright buy it and then go through the refund process if I didn’t like it (or not even get a refund depending how long it took) or having to continually wait long amounts of time to progress unless I want to pay to speed up.

I see you everywhere I’m at lol.

Samurai of Hyuga has a different licensing deal, so it doesn’t show up on the Hosted Games list. That being said, it is currently not on the charts and had a peak at #198 in role playing. There may be more to it yet, since all other Hosted Games have done better. Or, this could be the difference between using the Hosted Games label and going independent. You get approximately double the royalty going on your own, but lose the Hosted fanbase… If this is the case, as it appears, it’s a good lesson for those pondering this decision. But, I’m just making assumptions and don’t know any of the real facts.

EDIT: Ignore this. It is now listing the same as all the others. Wierd!

Hi @Lucid, I have a question. If we choose not to be a demon summoner, do we still get to learn the story of Tyborr and interact with him? I like the idea of a ‘good’ demon but I don’t want to have to become a demon summoner to learn his story and talk to him.

Uh, wut?

(To both of your statements.)

@jasonstevanhill

I didn’t see Samurai of Hyuga under Hosted Games on TopAppChart and when I pressed “more by this author”,it came up as just itself, so I assumed that he picked the option to pay COG a royalty instead of having COG publish it.

But, today, it lists the same as the others in Hosted Games and is #22. Not sure what happened. Maybe it glitched? Maybe I read it wrong?

Sorry for the confusion. :smile:

@Popopo You won’t get Tyborr’s personal story without being a demon summoner and finding Tyborr. Guess you’ll need 2 play thrus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just don’t like being a demon summoner because the way that stats are made. Nothing wrong with them it’s just me being totally incapable of enjoy a style of rp involving high willpower and arcane stuff. I won’t use them but I certainly felt that you might add something that makes people that actually haven’t the stats really felt tempted to pact with devils maybe a sexy seductress devil. Devil always wanting to offer treats.
I hope might is the right particle in English. In Spanish we don’t have so much particles to expressing polite suggestions. So when I translated to English people say I am being a demanding bitch. No my intention at all

I don’t know what TopAppChart is.

Any game published on our website is not, as Samurai is, is not one where we’ve licensed out ChoiceScript.

No one has ever actually licensed out ChoiceScript and produced a work, unfortunately.

on IOS a week ago SOH was both number 1 in search results
for hosted games and choice of games. for the last few days it has
slipped do to what i do not know.

Top App Charts is just a free site that ranks apps by author: http://www.topappcharts.com/search.php?show=author&authorid=482415564&price=any

It uses the US App Store, so it doesn’t match what I see in Canada. I’m not sure how your search ranks @jcury

@poison_mara No sexy demons yet… but not a bad idea. :smile:

I’m curious what the pros and cons of being a demon summoner versus not being one are. As far as I know, the only advantage so far to choosing not to be a summoner is gaining the family signet ring.

Sexy demons? Jk
Well maybe not jk. Depends on what @Lucid does
I say a con for demon summoning is the need to raise willpower. You get very few chances and when you do you could have raised other stats that would prove to be much more versatile such as agility, strength, or knowledge and combat skills.

Is it even possible to control Xia’ata? I never managed to get my willpower stat over 35.

Is it possible to romance Jess Soloway? I’ve tried playing with 60 evil or 60 charm but she rebuffs me every time. Had like 70 or 79% relationship stat with her too.

Yeah it is possible. Just be nice to her all the time and don’t go in to her tent at night, and then at Elmville if you have high enough relationship (60 I think) ask her if she wants to share a bed with you. This is when you reunite with your Foster Parent. If the text gives you something along the lines of she contemplates it then turns away then all you have to do is talk to her (Note: Talking with her to further your relationship does not count for one of the 3 action slots.)

2 Likes

In the very beginning, when you’re trying to get through the crowded hallways in the castle, force the servants to part by your presence. This gives you an early +10 bonus to Willpower. Then, every time you get a chance, practice with the Demonstones, and use them often in battle. This will help to raise your Willpower further. And, if you have a high enough relationship with Jace/Jess, you can train with them to hone your Willpower.

Actually, using the demons in battle or to overcome obstacles never raises your willpower. It’s part of what makes them an unattractive option.

Great news, everyone! I have just finished the rough draft for Lost Heir 2: Forging a Kingdom

Still a lot of work to do. It’s super big and my next step is to proofread the whole thing. It’s well over 200k words (my biggest game yet), so this is going to take a while. After that, I need to alpha test it myself. And then, on to beta test. After that, my work is done as it goes to the copy-editor. And then… it gets released! Somewhere in all that, I want to work on and release a small patch for Lost Heir 1 to deal with some bugs.

No idea on how long this will all take, but the longest phase is complete. Hurray!

18 Likes

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hi- OH NO ZUSAK IS ATTACKING!