The Lawless Ones (Previously "Villains") Completed! (Remake in the Works)

Hi love this version, and I would like to help with beta for the new one :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I too am interested in beta testing the new one. Honestly I love the version we have now, I’m not even as active on the forums anymore I just come hang out for this one game lmao.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you guys all so much. As soon as there’s actually something worth reading, I’ll come let you all know. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’d love to help as well!

1 Like

Am a little late but if there’s room I would like to test out the game

1 Like

Ugh literally took me ALL DAY to get the ending. My butt kept on dying lol. But Thank the lordt I ended with lawful good with Hotshot😍 Man the skill mechanics are tricky but definitely worthy for an expert player to these games. KUDOS @Avery_Moore!!! Marvelous job you beautiful person!

1 Like

Love this game!! It really feels like the choices matter, which doesn’t always show through with the other games. Not only that, but the array/variance between the choices is pretty vast which was also very pleasing, as it allowed for a wide range of character customization. The characters too felt real, and the interactions our character holds between them feel real, and not robotic as it can unfortunately feel like in some of the other games.
My only pet peeve is how some of the sexualities are described. In this game, choosing the asexual option sounds more like choosing to be celibate than having an actual orientation. I suggest to reword it as “not sexually interested in anyone.” Also, the different between bi and pan should be something more like “attracted to men and women” and “attracted to anyone”. Adding transgender people in the pansexual description makes it seem like they do not count as real men/women, which is misleading, as they are real men/women.
Back to the game though, I love how manipulating Celeste is! Even when I kinda knew she was gonna backstab is, I had some doubt for it, resulting in my death ^^’ she’s very sly…and it’s written very well. One of my favorite characters in the game.

8 Likes

I’d like to beta test if there is still space.

1 Like

Just stopping by to thank you for writing Lawless; got my poor kid killed at the tender age of 20, but it was heaps of fun. Looking forward to that alternative, expanded version. :slight_smile: On another note, could you perhaps add the “save” option to the current game, so that the progress may be saved, should the session be interrupted? Something like what e. g. Quite App-Parent: The Parenting Simulator has. Unless it goes against your intentions or something, of course.

5 Likes

how life going for you Avery Moore I hope it good

1 Like

I hope a second comment in less than a day won’t be considered spamming.^^
I’ve tried my luck once again and managed to survive til dying of old age (and see a larger chunk of the game than yesterday), and so I thought I’d give a bit more feedback, since you’re aiming to tweak the story a bit anyways. (Thumbs up for the magic part that’s already decided. :))
That said, I really like Lawless in its current state - the story was captivating, stats weren’t frustrating me and, most importantly, the characters were really diverse and well written, and the same goes for their interactions - that is, until the romance bits. Now, I’m not saying you completely messed up or anything; in fact, you handled romance better than most other interactive games I’ve played. But seeing how well you’ve managed to portray friendship among the ensemble cast, the romance just feels like a wasted potential. (I’m talking about romancing one of the MC’s six friends; the fling from the rescue mission was imho rather good.) To be specific, it felt way too sudden and rushed - if I recall correctly, regarding romantic build-up, there’re only

1. the bit when they’re at the fair and it’s suggested pretty much every single one of the friends had a thing for the MC and
2. the jewel bit when the player’s encouraged to freely pick any of the friends, whom they give the jewel and with whom they then (try to?) start the relationship.
I would have appreciated if there had been a way to start developing at least a crush (if not downright love) few years earlier, since they all had known each other for so long and while in their teens.
I mean, it’s good as it is, but it could have been so much better. Basically, this is the only “complaint” I have.
Sorry for all this looong rant. I also apologize if I sounded harsh, it’s sometimes difficult for me to control the tone. :))

Oh, and one last question: was there a way to save all the six friends from the leech, or would there always be a victim?

3 Likes

@pometlo Someone will always get leeched no matter what

2 Likes

Hi guys. Sorry I’ve been away for so long. Unfortunately I haven’t really had anything to share regarding Lawless for awhile. I am still working on it, but there’s a lot of changes I need to make and the prologue alone is so long that it’s going to be forever and a day before I actually have something to show for it. (Also been working on Brothers in Arms at the same time, so… Yeah, progress has been slow.)

… I should definitely do this. Only problem is that I could never figure out how to add a save system. I tried adding one with POF, but I don’t think I ever managed to get it to work. If I can ever figure it out, I’ll definitely add one. :yum:

Pretty great, thanks for asking! :relaxed:

Oh, I definitely agree. Unfortunately the last five chapters of the game were ridiculously rushed so that the game would be ready in time to submit it to the CoG comp. Definitely plan on doing a lot more with the romance in the update and having the relationship build up gradually rather than just going from 0 to 100 out of nowhere.

And for the last question… No, sorry. The leech will always get someone. You can only control who it gets.

9 Likes

So I achieved the Chaotic good ending. Sad I died, but it was a very fitting death. If I gotta go, might as well start a revolution while I’m at it.

1 Like

So I just found this and was really liking the old “demo” but it didn’t have a save feature so for me it is completely unplayable

2 Likes

Same. I really enjoy it while I play it buuuut…I have had to restart from the beginning more than a handful of times (because of random resets or I accidentally hit the back button on my phone or several other things that make you lose your place in these games)…then I get frustrated and stop and come back to it a month or so later and the same thing happens. Rinse. Repeat. Grrrrrrrrr. Such a shame. A save feature would correct this immediately, I don’t understand why it isn’t available? It really is well written, otherwise. :heart: I’d love to actually get to finish it!

1 Like

@Avery_Moore

I don’t post in the forum much, hell I’m not logged in most of the time. However, you have written something so great that i would be remiss in my duty as a lover of literature to not tell you just how well you have done. Please with all the regard i can muster know that you have created a story of characters with such passion and emotion that they touched my heart.

I wish you the best in all future endeavors.

P.s if they are half as brilliant as this one they will be magnificent.

4 Likes

Damn i remember testing the whole OG game and it was a banger, so I’m probably gonna have a fun time with this, and would love to beta test :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Great game. Very well written with awesome characters, plot and character development. Defnitely appreciate the save checkpoints with such lengthy read. And its free!!! You would definitely would have gotten good sales with such a good product. Thank you and I will be looking forward for your next work.

2 Likes

plz make a save feature in every chapter. I lost connection and had to restart te game :'D

2 Likes