The Last Laugh (Work in Progress)

WARNING: Wall of text incoming. :rofl::rofl:

Nope. Pure coincidence. I tend to work with a preferred gender for the mc in my head as it makes it easier for me to plot out and that gender is female. So I named her Mega Woman based on another superhero character I have in store for some future use in another medium. But when it came time to name the male hero, I hit that block. I considered changing it but then I would have to change the female hero and I was too used to the name so it stayed.

5 Likes

I just finished this, and damn if it’s good. It’s interesting to be playing the Bizarro for once. It’ll be fun seeing how the world will react to the appearance of Horus.

But, i have to say, i feel like H-Boy’s sum of knowledge is a bit…unclear? I mean, he doesn’t know a lot, only the instinctual basics, but it’s weird how quickly he’s able to understand stuff. Especially about Megaman. You would think that dearest muddah would try to give her creation an “less factual” view of things to foster hatred of megaman in him. She seems like she wants Horus to be her ‘successor’, the augustus to her ceasar so to say, so it’s weird she doesn’t try to instill HER viewpoint. It’d be a better way of explaining an less evil horus’s reasonings for going along with everything.

Regardless, however, it’s a great concept and i hope ya keep working on it.

I kinda wish us and the hero could be a different gender. Or romancable. I also think if Mega Man had a sidekick.

I kinda wish us and the hero could be a different gender. Or romancable. I also think if Mega Man had a sidekick.

Like it’s been said before, Vera’s plan was to make an exact clone so everyone would get freaked out there’s an evil megaman. If you were an different gender, then you wouldn’t look the part and the plan would not work. It’d be like if bizarro was a woman - it just wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

I wish that Mega Man and MC could have different eye colors and hair colors, even if they share the same hair length and body type. Why? So I can have the cool factor of the clone having black hair and red eyes while the original has blonde/white hair and blue eyes.

6 Likes

Perhaps allow the MC to dye their hair/change the style etc as way of differentiating themselves from Mega-Man? Later on in the story of course

4 Likes

Hehehe, this is only the beginning, buddy. Vera is playing the long game.

Hmmmm, I’ll think about it.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a bit like dating your identical twin?

2 Likes

SWEET HOME ALABAMA!

Yeah I had to.

6 Likes

Biologically yes. Technically not really.

1 Like

Awesome!

I hope there’s the option of what kind of body my mc has

Wait so the premise of this is we’re playing Ben Reilly? (cue Clone Saga flashbacks)

2 Likes

Jesus christ! No! Not nearly that bad. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hey I’m liking the story so far but I have a question.

Is the Clone and Mega Man/Woman human or alien? And if they are an alien what is the alien race called? Are you planning to reveal that out in the story?

2 Likes

They were originally human. So no alien plot twist or anything.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a huge twist right there I honestly thought we were a cloned alien, like superboy.

But that brings even more questions hopefully you’ll tell us later in the story like how mega man/woman got their powers and origins etc.

and thanks for the fast reply too.

Oddly enough I have some real love hate feelings with that storyline (the Clone Saga) there was s moment when felt like Marvel had settled on Ben as Spider-Man and some real plotlines came from that, then 90s comicbook stuff happened, Peter came back and I’ve been suffering from plot whiplash ever since

Not even incest, both practically and literally we can’t call that… Lol it’s like unexplainably creepy.
It’s like you’re romancing yourself but not you…

3 Likes

I think it can be called either selfcest or narcissism

4 Likes