The King's Veins (WIP)

Arigato gozaimasu

I just hope this doesn’t turn to parents dead during “insert reason here” twist which very common in this type of story.

Can’t we have MC that both parents intact, very rare to see that, a story of struggle against the odds but still wholesome? Maybe parents seeing MC gets coronation or even simple thing like walking MC as bride in the aisle, seeing MC graduate from knight training, getting knighted, getting honorable grade?

As for the story itself it is good premise but very lacking in description, lacking lore of what’s this beast is? from where? (Not all at once of course but small reveal would be nice to portray the threat that exist) and more worldbuilding would be nice ( not too lore dumping but just enough to give bits and pieces ).

Like for example : kingdom X in northern part of continent Y lies city of A, a fortified city with walls over 25 meter with castle in the highest part of city overlooking the common area close to mountain B, far from ocean, as far as anyone concern nobody dare to roam the sea of Z because of titanic beast inhabiting the ocean.

Let imagination go wild show the reader what kind of place is this, what kind of epic story we’re getting into, don’t be shy and be bold explore your inner bard.

5 Likes

Unfortunately that is due to my lack in ability. Scene descriptions have always been a daunting task for me. However will continue working on it. Maybe also add a landmark or two to show significance.

And this I believe all the cool kids would say “It’s giving slice of life genre” :sunglasses: :sunglasses:. So will try to add more intimate scenes.

4 Likes

We still have little to evaluate but it seems like a nice coming of age story, quite interesting if this eventually grows to be a political drama given you’ve mentioned Suzerain right at the beginning.

Choices like that with your name having some influence seems like that character generation at the start of a Suzerain playthrough, please keep giving us choices to shape our little lordling on his way to adulthood. Focusing on the little details can go a long way and we fans appreciate it.

3 Likes

I like how the parents seem healthy

3 Likes

Arigato gozaimasu .

And that’s something I would really like to work on. “The things that matter, but don’t really matter. But still matter.” - OBVIOUSLY my wording probably doesn’t make sense, but that’s kinda how I see it.

Hopefully the next update will be a chapter. :triumph: :triumph: hosh :triumph: :triumph: .

1 Like

Arigato gozaimasu

Yeah I agree parents need some love most of the time they either dead or gone, so far this is unique as having parents around to guide MC, however I notice the story lack details and some pages it’s too short.

Would like to see more nuance and detailed scene, maybe some lore about what monster this is and what kind of world MC live in.

While so far only little to show this surely have potential. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Arigato gozaimasu.

And your concern has been addressed in one of the responses above. In short my response was something along the lines of: :weary: :weary:This is due to my lack in ability, detailed writing/typing has always been a daunting task for me. However I hope to continue working on it.

The plan right now is to also add one or two landmarks. To add more to the scenes.

1 Like

Ok ok ok I am looking… you have my attention!

Nice little start! I am looking forward to see where you go with it!

2 Likes

I may never write stories but I do play dice game, it usually help if play as GM to create a rough map with landmark and stuff just for GM-ing and narrating the storyteller, it also help with creation of challenge, skill check and trial in those particular region.

Take your time, no rush let it flow…

1 Like

Arigato arigato arigato gozaimasu

Arigato gozaimasu, for taking the time to offer advice.

And between you and me, I had to google what GM meant. :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I See Potential

I didn’t Understand the Combat system fully because Its slightly different from what we Know.
Next thing Is a good stat explanation would be nice i mean why should i Care about being trim or shabby ?

About the lessons Its good that we Start with 6 years of age so our Charakter can make a Lot of mistakes and Develop. Without being ashamamed of the mistakes

1 Like

Arigato gozaimasu.

Why should…!? Do not let the fashion gurus read that comment. :joy: :joy: I kid. So that stat is mainly based on attire, which slightly influences the scenes you get and interactions.

So why put it as a stat to track? I would like to allow town exploration in the story/game and thought it might be fun to know how you look to the public, when leaving your chambers.

And the combat system has influences of rpg games, where each move basically costs a stat(s).

1 Like

Thx for the answers
Amazing ideas i even apperance having an influence…Last Time i have Seen that was Zombie Exodus;)

1 Like

“Unfortunately there isn’t much to me, young Sev.” -Madam Jocyia.

Introduction to chapter 2, updated.

3 Likes

Till this day, I still can’t get over the customisation of story/game. Being able to choose your own bad habits, was just :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

And arigato gozaimasu

That was one really cruel exam. I’m just awful at memorizing things I just read.

For battle mode, is it possible for the stats to be displayed as stat bars? I think that helps to better convey how much of each stat we’re using and how much we have left. I do like the system in general.

1 Like

Very nice concept, a small suggestion based on update, instead of updating every week and burning urself out why don’t u put a deadline like every months 5th with 12-15k update content

2 Likes