The Isle of Nome

I’m still getting use to all of the programming, but I think once I learn the coding that I can get a lot of work done. Now I don’t want to set up a goal I might not be able to complete, but I might be able to releash a demo in a few weeks.

Awesome ill be waiting in anticipation till then

Forgot to mention this earlier, but if anyone wants to suggest some cool dictatorial names like “Generallismo” or “El Presidente”, then I might put it in the Game.

Why dont you make it so the people of your land
give you different nicknames, depending on how you rule.

That is a good idea. I’ll include it in the game, but I still want to give your character an offical name.

Okay, I need some coding help now. I am using Firefox, but when I try to test it out, it says “script error”, and then never loads. I’m still waiting for it to load as we speak! :confused: What is wrong with the game?

Try it in Internet Explorer.
That’s all the help I can give
I think there is a forum about that firefox thing.

I think I saw that fourm, but he is having an actual problem with firefox, but mine is about the actual choicescript. I’ll keep looking around in case anyone else might know what I’m doing wrong.

@TacoCopper If there is no more detail to the error message than just “Script error” then it’s probably not an error thrown up by ChoiceScript itself. It’s likely your browser. CS error messages generally try to explain what the problem is and give you a line number to point you in the right direction. The browser “Script error” does not give you any clue at all.

The only solution I’ve found is to test it in IE instead. Note that for IE you should make sure you’re using the latest version of ChoiceScript (592718a), which includes a fix for the text-joining bug some players have reported seeing in some games.

If, however, your “Script error” gives you more information, post the actual error message here and someone will probably be able to help fix it. CS loading errors are usually related to mygame.js, but should also give you some information to help identify the actual problem.

Okay. How can I make sure I am using the latest version of ChoiceScript.

If you look at the actual folder where you placed ChoiceScript when first you downloaded it, it should be called something like:

dfabulich-choicescript-592718a

The number part of the folder name is the actual version number. You can get the current latest version from:

http://github.com/dfabulich/choicescript/zipball/master

I got the latest version, but it still has the weird “invalid character” thing that keeps popping up.

If that’s still on first loading, it sounds like it could be an error in mygame.js or similar. I’ll PM you my email–I’d be happy to have a quick look through your files if you like, see if I can spot anything.

Thanks.

How’s it going?

Ya how is it going

Im doing fine, thanks for asking ^^

Sorry for the lack of resonse. I was sick last week, and had to do a TON of homework.
Anyways, I ragequited at the thing for not working loading properly after doing everything possible to fix and deleted some stuff. However, by doing so, when I redownloaded it, I finally figured out why it wouldn’t let me test it. When I click on the Index thingy to test it out, it has a “Are you sure you want us to open it” thing that pops up. Well if you click “Don’t ask me this again” it won’t let the game load. So I have finally gotten to test the game, and have been fixing a lot of bugs. So things have been going well.

That is the long way of saying it’s been going well.

Is there a demo for us?

Not yet. Turns out there was a lot of bugs, so I am fixing it up. Plus, I wanted to add a few more scenes in it, because at the moment, it only makes the outline of your Character (rise to power, gender, name, stuff like that) and then a scene explaining the basics of the game for anyone wishing to get a good feel for the game.

Dammit! I fixed one of the scenes, but when I went to test it to see if it would work now, it said “permission denied”. What do I do now?