The Hero Project : Open Season’s ending (Spoilers)

Then again, the old mc could neither deal with the missile nor with infinitum, using their atomkinesis.

Also if this ends with “the hr characters get turned into the versus npcs” in a bad plottwist…

1 Like

Yeah but that just add to the ‘power’ probleme because the missile happen after we litteraly stopped a nuke and tore through the devoid, so we know that both our Gravity and Atom manipulation are very potent, it’s litteraly written on page but then…we just can’t use it, because plot, which will be the only reason anything can happen in Versus while the MC is there and if the only reason you have for the crossover to not be instantly resolved by one of character is ‘plot’, your crossover just doesn’t work, especialy if the party you have to nerf is the ‘guest’ party.

Infinitum is another exemple of that, the MC straight up tell you ‘she was unaffected by anything i threw at her’ and then you meet her again, with nothing having changed…and you kamehameha her into oblivion / so weakened, an oversized shrimp can take her down.

I swear, that plot twist would be so bad i don’t even see how it could work (though i’m probably not buying that game, the author kept getting downhile and Versus was always his more ‘preachy’ and confusing story so if HR ended up like this, i don’t even want to see what await Versus)

2 Likes

(Wanna move the rambling to discord maybe?)

i didn’t even know there was a discord TBH

There’s two general ones and several game specific ones.

Damn, well, at least i learned something today XD

What discord in particular you were refering to ?

General pms on there.
I’m on the one i posted.

Back on topic:

OS as a whole seems… rushed and lacking interest

1 Like

It’s worst than that IMO, because it retcon and add stuff in the background of the whole ‘franchise’ that quite frankly make no sense.

The worst being Miss Artillery / The Menagerie, by himself the Menagerie is fine (depend on who you choose him to be, because if you decided he was a good guy helping out at the hospital, it kinda make no sense that he pushed his power too far and died, he had no reason to push his power)

Like, why would miss Artillery be with him ? even ignoring her being a Yandere for Vicon and having her daughter totaly isolated from the world, there is litteraly nothing plausibly linking those two character except the one where The Menagerie had made some kind of assasins school and even then, it wouldn’t be much of a base for a romance that supposedly broke Miss Artillery’s yandere tendency for Vicon (except not really) but also ended up with two kids, who, unlike Prodigal, were not isolated at all with no reason given.

Open season is really a mess on that front.

2 Likes