The Hero of Kendrickstone: Rescue a city held hostage by an evil wizard!

Dealt with.

Keep these coming. I’ll keep fixing them and hoping that nothing seriously game-breaking (SoI’s checkpoints at launch come to mind) comes up.

Okay, there appears to be an inconsistency:

When refusing to buy a writ in Chapter 5, if you say “I won’t give in to extortion,” set order %-10. When you say “I’m not afraid,” if you’re working for Mildred, it’s +10%, otherwise (either working for Isan or yourself) it’s also -10%.

Is this intentional? Personally, I’d assume that “I won’t give in to extortion” should be the +10% Order option - even though you can’t do anything about him this game, you shouldn’t lose Order if you don’t consider William’s “insurance agency” to be a legitimate authority on principle. Kendrickstone is not Ankh-Morpork.

Chapter 6, after saving everyone from bandits.
“What happens if you take her to Kendrickstone>”

@Cataphrak can’t buy full game to tell, but capitalises it in the stats screen and when you think t yourself about the dragon, so i’d assume it happens elsewhere

Right. I think I just got that fixed up in my dev version.
I’ll wait for more bugs to come in overnight, then fix those and send in an update.

i did ask before but you have not reply me… xD ¿ do you dont like Ro in games or not feel confident in writing Ro? mecha was amazing, dunno why you dont add them anymore in your games…

Really enjoying it so far. Just got the error chap3 line 203: Increasing indent not allowed. Expected 2 was 4

@djma46
I have romances planned for later installments, it’s just that in the first story, I wanted to focus on the player character’s origins, rising reputation, and relationship with their mentos. I can promise romances later down the road for sure.

@Pyromanci
That’s… exceedingly strange, something like that would have been caught by both quicktest and randomtest, and chapter 3, line 203 is a blank one for good measure…

Should I be worried about my enemies trying to douse Dame Mildred in diet coke? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Sneaks
*mentors.

You know what I meant.

This was great! Now on my second playthrough and it’s nice to see what changes. First time was a disgruntled rogue, this time a way-too-cheery bard.

@Cataphrak Sweet! Can’t wait to see how my rogue fairs as captain of the guard. I’m curious what direction the story goes in the next installment though. There’s a LOT of wiggle room in how players can end right now. You could be everything from a homeless bard to the youngest Knight of Kendrickstone in history.

im glad to hear it , is the only thing i can complain about since your writings and games always are top-notch :wink:

side note: you quote the wrong guy before im djisma69 not djma46 :smile:

I always love the amount of detail and research that you put into these games Cataphrak. Despite lacking romance or a slew of relationship meters, each character felt fully fleshed out and real. Even a minor character like Caroline, who had two opportunities in which she could have died, felt fully developed. Im very interested in seeing how the sequel goes.

Also, I noticed that diskworld reference you made. I was grinning for at least a minute after that.

@anon4518890
Oops! Sorry!
Romance is still something I’m not used to writing, but I want to to it right. I want it to be more than just a one-off with a set beginning and end-goal, but an evolving, open-ended process, which I can do in a series. That means it’ll take a couple of words for romances to go into full swing, both for Guns of Infinity, and for Kendrickstone and her (likely) sequels.

@From_Beginnings
I have to thank my testers for a lot of that. Much of the effort that went into so-called “unimportant” characters like Caroline, or Frida were in response to requests that I flesh them out a bit more.

I put references in everything though, that’s just me.

Great game! Only issue I’ve seen so far are a few minor spelling errors and when playing under William of harrowford after the mission to go to the ruins and return the innkeeper to the city it says I did but when I returned William tells me I failed

Hmm, that’s a rather nasty bug, I just fixed that in my version, I’ll see about putting the fix in the next update.

Hi all –

Pushing 1.0.3 to web, GPS, AAA, and CWS right now.

Please report any new/still present bugs ASAP. If this seems like a good version, we can then push to iOS and Steam.

I bought a copy of the game from android app store and it was a great game, it is just that I felt that the game a was a bit too linear and not as much diversity as your other games like sabers of infinity and mecha ace.

I’ve been having trouble with this game (as well as another one). When I click on ‘Play online’, a box pops up that says nothing but ’ : ’ and then another one with ‘Sorry, an error occured’. The same thing happens with ‘The Lost Heir’. I don’t know if the problem is on my end or yours, though. :confused:

Whenever you visit Dame…I forget, she always refers to you as Name f Foster’s Hollow. Is it supposed to be ‘of’ or just the f? I’m pretty sure there are languages that just use f instead of of…

There is also a part where there is an equal sign after a hyphen, but I can’t recall where.

As a general question, is there any way to beat the Razorclaw as a pure bard? I like how everything has multiple options for beating everything else but there is absolutely no way I can find to beat this thing without combat skills.