Hey guys, name is Damon, but you can just call me J3loodT4lon (bloodtalon), Blood, or J3 (this is the most common lol) I also accept “Our Lord and Savior”, “Your Majesty”, and “Brotato”.
I started playing with the ChoiseScript a couple days ago with the desire of creating a game (duh!). The title (displayed above) is The Hero of Eastcliff and will be about an individual (the player) thrust into a quest to save the Realm. I wont go into too many details, but here are a few things to expect:
- Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Mage.
- Ability stats, like those from D&D/Pathfinder.
- Mana/Rage system (Rage for Warrior, Mana for everyone else)
- Magic weapons and armor.
I have worked out most of the character creation steps, though there are a few things that are providing me some difficulties:
- When allocating the players skills, you can choose to allocate them based upon the standard for your class, or do it yourself. The trouble I am having is getting the choices to listen to my *disable_reuse.
- I am trying to set up a choice in the equipment setup process that the player cannot choose unless they are a Ranger or a Rogue. I understand how the ‘reuse’ codes work, but I want it to be disabled unless the player meets one of the two requirements and I am unsure how to do this. EDIT: I fixed the problem and it is no longer an issue. My thanks to those that helped.
If anyone can help me out with some pointers or something that would be great. Right now I’m just pushing through it and getting the rest coded, and plan on tinkering with it when I need to.
I will be updating this as my progress continues.