Found a Bug, No Idea What Is Causing It (Fixed)

*****Seed 0
Welcome to the World of Talios!

Please be patient with me, as this is my first attempt at creating a "choose your own path" game.

Character creation follows the same basics as a standard table top RPG game.

So let us get the first part of the character creation out of the way. Are you going to be a male, or a female?

startup *choice 244#2 (line 287) #Female

Great! Now that we got that out of the way, what is your name?

startup *choice 291#1 (line 292) #Alayna

Alayna, how quaint. What shall your Surname be?

startup *choice 371#3 (line 378) #Paige

*finish

You have created your character to be a Female named Alayna Paige. Congratulations on finishing the first step toward becoming the Hero of Eastcliff!
The next step in your character creation is to determine your class.
So which will it be?

class *choice 13#3 (line 27) #Ranger: The forest is my home and I will use my knowledge of nature as a tool to destroy my enemies! Major Stats: Strength and Dexterity. Minor Stats: Wisdom and Intelligence.

You have chosen Ranger. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.
If you didn't already know, your stats are values assigned to six categories:

Strength: This stat represents your physical strength. It is used to determine how much weight you can lift without straining yourself, what kinds of weapons you can weild comfortably, and how much damange you can inflict with melee attacks.
Dexterity: This stat represents how agile you are. It is used to determine your success with acrobatic type checks, as well as dodging and parrying attacks.
Constitution: This stat represents your stamina and health. It is used to determine how much damage you can take before dying, what types of armor you can wear, and how quickly you tire during combat.
Intelligence: This stat represents your ability to learn and reason. It is used to determine a spellcasters ability to cast spells, as well as your character's ability to learn new skills.
Wisdom: This stat represents your willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition. It is used to determine how acute your senses are.
Charisma: This stat represents your personality, appearance, your ability to lead and persuade others.

class *choice 64#2 (line 67) #I want to look over the classes again. I'm not sure if I like what I chose.

class *choice 13#4 (line 33) #Rogue: The shadows are my only ally. I shall strike at my foes without them ever knowing I was there. Major Stats: Dexterity and Wisdom. Minor Stats: Strength and Intelligence.

You have chosen Rogue. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

Strength: This stat represents your physical strength. It is used to determine how much weight you can lift without straining yourself, what kinds of weapons you can weild comfortably, and how much damange you can inflict with melee attacks.
Dexterity: This stat represents how agile you are. It is used to determine your success with acrobatic type checks, as well as dodging and parrying attacks.
Constitution: This stat represents your stamina and health. It is used to determine how much damage you can take before dying, what types of armor you can wear, and how quickly you tire during combat.
Intelligence: This stat represents your ability to learn and reason. It is used to determine a spellcasters ability to cast spells, as well as your character's ability to learn new skills.
Wisdom: This stat represents your willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition. It is used to determine how acute your senses are.
Charisma: This stat represents your personality, appearance, your ability to lead and persuade others.

class *choice 64#1 (line 65) #I am comfortable with my choice of class, let us move on now.

Here is where you choose to allocate your ability stats. For simplicity's sake, let us regulate them to these scores: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18.
How do you wish to distribute your stats?

class *choice 76#1 (line 171) #Standard Rogue allocation.

You have chosen to allocate your scores according to the standard Rogue's build.
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 10
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 8

If you are content with your choice, let me know, if not now would be the time to go back.

class *choice 237#2 (line 287) #I want to choose something else.

class *choice 13#2 (line 20) #Paladin: I owe my life to the Goddess Leor, and will do what I can to spread her faith whilst smiting the evil from this world! Major Stats: Strength and Wisdom. Minor Stats: Constitution and Charisma.

You have chosen Paladin. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 64#1 (line 65) #I am comfortable with my choice of class, let us move on now.

Here is where you choose to allocate your ability stats. For simplicity's sake, let us regulate them to these scores: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18.

class *choice 76#1 (line 109) #Standard Paladin allocation.

You have chosen to allocate your scores according to the standard Paladin's build.
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 14

If you are content with your choice, let me know, if not now would be the time to go back.

class *choice 237#1 (line 238) #I am content with what I have chosen.

This is your last chance. Are you sure you are content with your stats?

class *choice 305#2 (line 355) #No I am not, take me back.

class *choice 13#1 (line 14) #Warrior: I want to crush my foes with an overwhelming display of strength and ferocity! Major Stats: Strength and Constitution. Minor Stats: Dexterity and Charisma.

You have chosen Warrior. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 64#2 (line 67) #I want to look over the classes again. I'm not sure if I like what I chose.

class *choice 13#5 (line 40) #Mage: I can already feel the Arcane coursing through my body, and soon those unfortunate enough to oppose me shall learn first hand of my awesome power! Major Stats: Intelligence and Charisma. Minor Stats: Constitution and Wisdom.

You have chosen Mage. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 76#2 (line 232) #Custom stat allocation.

Don't like the idea of playing one of the standard class setups? Well okey-doke then. Go ahead and spend your points the way you want them. Just make sure to let me know when you are done!
Your current stats are as follows:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: 0
Intelligence: 0
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: 0

stats *choice 18#1 (line 19) #Strength

stats *choice 52#5 (line 152) #16

Strength: 16

stats *choice 18#5 (line 39) #Charisma

stats *choice 52#1 (line 53) #8

stats *choice 18#4 (line 35) #Wisdom

stats *choice 52#2 (line 102) #12

Wisdom: 12

stats *choice 18#1 (line 23) #Dexterity

stats *choice 52#2 (line 127) #14

Dexterity: 14

stats *choice 18#2 (line 31) #Intelligence

stats *choice 52#1 (line 78) #10

stats *choice 18#1 (line 27) #Constitution

stats *choice 52#1 (line 177) #18

Constitution: 18

stats *choice 18#1 (line 43) #I am finished.

class *choice 237#2 (line 287) #I want to choose something else.

class *choice 13#1 (line 14) #Warrior: I want to crush my foes with an overwhelming display of strength and ferocity! Major Stats: Strength and Constitution. Minor Stats: Dexterity and Charisma.

You have chosen Warrior. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 13#5 (line 40) #Mage: I can already feel the Arcane coursing through my body, and soon those unfortunate enough to oppose me shall learn first hand of my awesome power! Major Stats: Intelligence and Charisma. Minor Stats: Constitution and Wisdom.

You have chosen Mage. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 13#4 (line 33) #Rogue: The shadows are my only ally. I shall strike at my foes without them ever knowing I was there. Major Stats: Dexterity and Wisdom. Minor Stats: Strength and Intelligence.

You have chosen Rogue. Now that that's taken care of, there is the subject of your stats to dicuss.

class *choice 76#2 (line 232) #Custom stat allocation.

Don't like the idea of playing one of the standard class setups? Well okey-doke then. Go ahead and spend your points the way you want them. Just make sure to let me know when you are done!

stats *choice 18#3 (line 27) #Constitution

stats *choice 52#6 (line 177) #18

stats *choice 18#5 (line 39) #Charisma

stats *choice 52#5 (line 152) #16

Charisma: 16

stats *choice 18#4 (line 35) #Wisdom

stats *choice 52#1 (line 53) #8

Wisdom: 8

stats *choice 18#3 (line 31) #Intelligence

stats *choice 52#1 (line 78) #10

stats *choice 18#1 (line 19) #Strength

stats *choice 52#1 (line 102) #12

stats *choice 18#1 (line 23) #Dexterity

stats *choice 52#1 (line 127) #14

RANDOMTEST FAILED
line 18: No selectable options

Okay, so as you can see I did a randomtest for my game, and got an error. I thought maybe it was some fluke, and recreated the test choice by choice in a play test and got the same result. I can PM the relevant codes to anyone who wishes to help, as I have no clue at all why this happened.

This means that that there are no valid choices. If you post that choice, we can take a look. Does it loop into it? If so, you may need some *allow_reuse option. Do you have *if choices? If so, can a situation occur where no options can happen?

Here is the code for allocating your stats:

*label start
*line_break
*label choice
*line_break
[b]Strength:[/b] ${str_base}
*line_break
[b]Dexterity:[/b] ${dex_base}
*line_break
[b]Constitution:[/b] ${con_base}
*line_break
[b]Intelligence:[/b] ${int_base}
*line_break
[b]Wisdom:[/b] ${wis_base}
*line_break
[b]Charisma:[/b] ${cha_base}
*choice
  *disable_reuse #Strength
    *set stat_play 1
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *disable_reuse #Dexterity
    *set stat_play 2
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *disable_reuse #Constitution
    *set stat_play 3
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *disable_reuse #Intelligence
    *set stat_play 4
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *disable_reuse #Wisdom
    *set stat_play 5
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *disable_reuse #Charisma
    *set stat_play 6
    *set stat_allocation +1
    *goto stats
  *selectable_if (stat_allocation =6) #I am finished.
    *goto_scene class maybe

*label stats
*choice
  *disable_reuse #8
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 8
      *set strength (str_base + str_bonus)
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 8
      *set dexterity (dex_base + dex_bonus)
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 8
      *set constitution (con_base + con_bonus)
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 8
      *set intelligence (int_base + int_bonus)
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 8
      *set wisdom (wis_base + wis_bonus)
      *goto choice
    *else
      *set cha_base 8
      *set charisma (cha_base + cha_bonus)
      *goto choice
  *disable_reuse #10
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 10
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 10
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 10
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 10
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 10
    *else
      *set cha_base 10
      *goto choice
  *disable_reuse #12
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 12
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 12
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 12
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 12
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 12
      *goto choice
    *else
      *set cha_base 12
      *goto choice
  *disable_reuse #14
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 14
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 14
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 14
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 14
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 14
      *goto choice
    *else
      *set cha_base 14
      *goto choice
  *disable_reuse #16
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 16
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 16
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 16
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 16
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 16
      *goto choice
    *else
      *set cha_base 16
      *goto choice
  *disable_reuse #18
    *if stat_play = 1
      *set str_base 18
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 2
      *set dex_base 18
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 3
      *set con_base 18
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 4
      *set int_base 18
      *goto choice
    *elseif stat_play = 5
      *set wis_base 18
      *goto choice
    *else
      *set cha_base 18
      *goto choice

Well I’m stupid lmao
Found the issue. In order to click “I’m Finished” in the stat allocation scene, you were required to have a stat_allocation value of 6, but if you looped back to the class options, it never reset the value. This resulted in the player having a stat_allocation value >6.

2 Likes