The Gem of Souls

Like in Halo Reach where you play as noble six and go down fighting? So long as I don’t die to early on or by clumsiness/bad luck

God_of_Demonz
No deaths do not happen until a third way through the game. Luck would be nice but fate is very twisted here. They are in the hands of a very ancient Elf and a seemly immortal Human. Even the Uppers, God like beings, fear when these two get tighter.

Ah Noble Six. I wrote many heartwrenching poems about your demise and the demise of your brethren. Its more bittersweet when you know from the beginning that they’re going to die.

Seems I have my work cut out for me then. lol Blast my muse for flooding me with way to many ideas and not enough hours in a day to write them all down. Can"t wait for NaNo to be over now to start working on this. :-(( :-))

So I am struggling with a concept for the game. As one of the characters recieves an injury and is unable to talk most of the game. In the story it was simple as I could show interal dialogue.

So I could use the [i] in the choices to represent this. The problem is they become a bit unstable over time and develope a split personality. So how do I show their normal inner voice against the new inner voice?

You could use the *image command and use a picture of something you wrote in Microsoft word (a good tool for this would be called Jing, by Techsmith, it’s free). Or you could put “< >” around the second persona’s dialouge (Ala 8 Thrones) to show the difference.

Or not show it. Sometimes it’s fun to not be certain which side is thinking what. If that’s not good, I’d stick to something simple like the < > idea.

<Sure, that’s a good idea.>
{No, that’s dumb.}
[No, YOU’RE dumb.]
|Won’t this fancy stuff mess with Choicescript?|
(Some might, but it’d be better than the bar you just thought in… looks like an I)
‘You look like an I.’
~You’re an idiot.~
*Are we done here?*
^Ya, we’re done.^

Maby but i dont think iys possible but you can use different colours

@marajade and just how exactly would one look at a unicorn in a zoo?

Like this O_O omg its a unicorn

@817819
With aww and Wonderment. Lol

@817819
With disbelief, uncertainty and fear. :slight_smile:

Thank you @Headhunter180, @Lucid, and @POR3T for your ideas. It maybe a mix of ideas, will have to see how it plays out when I start the project. Do not to give out spoilers before I type the first of code so for now we will need to wait. :slight_smile:

So I was bad today, wrote a rough opening for the game instead of working full out on my NaNo. Could not help it, it was pestering me so I wrote it to get it out of the way. So here it is. Mind you this is just a quick rough write.

Welcome to Amhark, a world full of dark secrets, harsh landscapes, and even harsher people. I can see you think you are one of those special people that can burn bright, being a beacon for the huddle masses. I have good news, we will quickly snuff that flame out for you. Perhaps, I should have said good news for me.

So you wish to travel to the land of Norif, of the four land masses. This is by far the best choice. There are no silly kingdoms fighting for land here. The land is ruled by the iron will of the Second Great Council. Ow there are a few misguided souls that feebly fight for good. If you should come across one, let us know so we can correct the problem.

I see you are still here. Must be made of sterner stuff then your looks betray. Very well then. I will present you with paths you may choose from. I would be careful Fate has already set the finger of death on some of them. Unlike your world, free will is nothing more then a fairytale here. Fate loves to dig its nasty hooked nails in to the populace of this world for nothing more then entertainment.

Still here?
You may impress me yet, but I really think not. Below are your choices.

(*choice)
Queen
King
Rook
Knight
Bishop
Pawn
Pawn

What!? Confused already. Ow you’re wondering about the choices being label as chess pieces. Let’s just say Fata’s favorite game is Eleven Chess.

`Queen
I would shy away from such a choice. Elves! Ack! The name alone leaves such a foul taste in my mouth. Just because they can live longer than any other races makes then think they are wiser then anybody else. Wiser my horned ass, they are so blind to how the world really work. Still Fate has chosen one of them, so do you follow her path.
Yes
No

King
Humans are not a bad sort, unless they are going around helping the down trodden. Their fine, leave them were you find them I always say. Or kick them when their down is a good one as well. A Human came up with that saying. See there are redeeming qualities if you look hard enough. Fate was rather unwilling to share what is planned for this fellow, which means it’s going to be good. So please don’t muck up my fun by sparing woman and children because your to squeamish.
Yes
No

Rook
Yet another human, their like rats, breed everywhere. This one however, serves a propose in my book. He locks away those annoying truths so the commoner in the street does not need to worry about them. That’s a kindness I like.
Yes
No

Knight
I guess fate has a thing for humans. Worse yet he’s a tree hugging hippie. At least he keeps it to himself and does not do anything stupid as try and save the planet.
Yes
No

Bishop
Yep you guessed it, another human. Fate must have been too lazy to dig up a gnome. Of course if you repeat that I will kill you and deny the whole thing. I’m not going to end up on one of Fate’s list. I do have to admit I rather like this Human, she is broken and just a hollow shell.
Yes
No

Pawns
The last two I agree with, they need to be nothing more then cannon fodder.

The first one is a female human with a nasty little secret that could doom all that know. Nice.
Yes
No

The other is a Dwarf that is a seeker of the truth. What a pathetic waste of time.
Yes
No

Comments? Thoughts?

1 Like

@lordirishdas I kinda like what you have so far.

@Cloudian thanks : D

@lordirishdas I think what you have so far is pretty interesting.

@Random
Thanks, it’s just a rough draft but in Dec will be fleshing it out. :slight_smile:

@lordirishdas: I’m game! This is really interesting. Good luck!

Thank you very much @Miki :slight_smile: