I’ll start off by saying: Thank you for clicking. This is not the first game I’ve written, but it certainly is a project I feel like I should be sharing, so thank you for taking even a peek!
A while ago (quite a while ago!) I posted in the interest thread about a game I’m working on, which name has changed a bit, but I settled on The Gatekeeper. I got a lot of positive reactions to the premise, so I hope you’ll help me shape it into the best it can be.
I will take my time with the book, and thus, I either expect it to be a lengthy one, and the first installment in a series. (I’m also a student, so updates will be slow, apologies in advance)
Current word count: 20k~
A curse is passed down from parent to child in your family- to stay in one plot of land until death, guarding a Gate. After reaching legal independence, you moved miles away from your old home, forsaking the duty that runs through your family. However, after your parents seemingly disappeared into thin air, you are forced to return home. There you find your younger sibling, urging you to venture through the Gate to retrieve your parents.
Beyond the Gate is a world torn by war, and your presence begins to tilt the very earth itself, awakening a creature that should have been asleep for a long, long time. Now, all that’s left to do is settle a war-bearing dispute, end a war, help rulers rise to or fall from power, fight an evil that has burrowed underneath cities and of course, play your cards right and hopefully find your parents.
Most features are not yet in the demo
- 10 ROs (8 Gender-set, 2 up to player-preference), but available to any gender. (Might be decreased)
- Currently, only male and female genders for the MC, but I could add in a non-binary option.
- Quite a few different endings (Due to that, the game will be focusing on relationships and decisions, and less on skill-checks.)
- Decisions carry over books in a significant way. Perma-death to some characters (not including MC) as well as consequences, both good and bad, to each decision made.
- Dual Storylines - One set in the past, and the second set in (book) present time.
- Help decide the future of both individuals and kingdoms, be out of need or out of wanting.
- Find the truth behind the curse, and change the course of fate itself.
- Find your missing parents, either for your own sake or theirs.
I will update the romantic options as they pop along the way.
Feedback I’m looking for
- Misspellings/Hard to read or understand sentences/Illogical sentences/incorrect sentences; I’m not a native speaker, so I’d appreciate any grammatical-related issues to be pointed out.
- Personal opinions (What could be improved? What is good?)
- Inconsistent information (I’ve began the project a bit disorganized, so any sightings of changing information would be much appreciated)
While I’m open to suggestions, I do not promise to fulfill any I might take an interest in, but I will always be glad to hear what you’ve got to say.
Currently working on
Writing chapter 2
I will update as soon as I can, but I can not provide a proper, set schedule.
Update 0 | 16/06/2020 Release of demo, Prologue and chapter 1 complete Word count: 20k~
Next update: Chapter 2