The FANTASTIC Clash (Reality Show, Comedy/Drama | ~69K)

Also, honestly after choosing to convince the other Bulls (Amarath and Emilia, I had Bernard go first) to jump, I find it a bit disappointed/lame to go down with the plane, I kinda wish there was an option to jump too, just for the sake of it/of living the experience, or maybe to bolster team spirit (relationships) a bit. Kinda lame to be the only one who didn’t jump, you get what I mean?

1 Like

Inspiring! The following idea comes to mind when reading about it, how about adding an option for the player to choose why The Fantastic Clash took notice of or considered YN’s offer as meeting their criteria?

This reason, unknown to YN, would highlight their initial ‘PERCEPTION,’ likely tied to a stereotype. This stereotype would make YN marketable, either by representing a specific demographic or cultural tribe, acting as a token character to signal inclusivity, or being a controversial figure who creates internal drama. Such a dynamic could divide the audience, with some rooting for YN’s rise and others for their downfall.

You could also introduce an option for the player to decide whether YN is aware of their ‘PERCEPTION.’ This awareness could add drama by allowing YN to either lean into or subvert that PERCEPTION, either for personal reasons or due to contractual obligations, potentially leading others to view YN as two-faced or ‘politically minded.’

Once ‘PERCEPTION’ is addressed, a 9-question personality questionnaire could establish YN’s pre-show ‘PERSONALITY,’ shaped by past experiences. The player could then decide whether YN’s ‘PERSONALITY’ outcomes are limited by their adherence to their ‘PERCEPTION.’ This would impact any dialogue YN offers when the reader isn’t making a choice. A fitting term for this PERCEPTION-PERSONALITY dynamic could be ‘EXPRESSION.’ At the end of each chapter, during the confessional, the player could decide if YN’s experiences throughout the challenges and drama have influenced their ‘EXPRESSION’ and adjust it accordingly.

The interaction between SKILLS and EXPRESSION could find its use during ‘intermission confessionals,’ where YN’s default reactions to situations are shaped by their sensitivity to them as a result of their highest stats. Ambitious proposal, no?

Also, to avoid drama for themselves, what about giving YN’s the choice to toss a coin when choosing their team?

2 Likes

Finally i was waiting for a game like this

4 Likes

About the male ROs… There may or may not be one more.

3 Likes

:eyes:

…Interesting.

2 Likes

They’re already targeting Bernard by default, so there’s no reason to ask. Edit: Although upon looking again, I did forget to add a “leave it at that” option, so thank you for the notice.

1 Like

I can add an option to jump anyway in the next update.

2 Likes

I definitely want to try (and was already planning on) incorporating some of these ideas! For instance, if you’re considered hot then you were specifically chosen for the show just to be eyecandy, but adding in more stereotypes the player could fall into is an interesting idea. I was already planning on having more confessional segments, so I think I’ll try squeezing in more personality questions into those at some point. They won’t be at the end of every chapter, but I do want to have more besides just the one at the end of chapter one. Oh, and YN’s default reactions are shaped by their personality stats. It’s the reason I have them actually lol.

Oh, and I can add a coin flip option, although it probably won’t go how you’re expecting haha.

9 Likes

Wow, many ‘very figured it out’ of you, much ‘in advance’ indeed! OwO

Using the confessional segments as a way to define the pre-show personality is a clever way to avoid breaking the immersion in the way inserting a personality questionnaire at the beginning would, not that having the pre-show personality introduced before the first interaction isn’t a tempting choice!1 Which is why we toss ideas in the air for you to grab it or play idea skipping with, good thing we get to watch1!

And they shouldn’t1 Now that I remember, not every character gets an on-screen confessional at the end; that would break someone’s immersion by favoring a character over another1 Just like how their mother broke their bones by favoring a titanium beating stick over the wooden baseball stick they gifted their sibling…1 For Christmas!

And I’ve had no idea! By that I mean no doubt! Of what you entail! Waht we entail hovewer is to have YN’s personality’s expression in non-reader’s regulated dialogue mediated by the dynamics between personality, perception, and skill. Kind of like this: Can the highlighted skill value influence YN’s reaction to the triggering situation? If so, can the personality value rephrase their skill-influenced reaction? and if so, is the resultant rephrased skill-influenced reaction amicable to the terms given by YN’s adherence or subversion of what they know about how they are perceived?

And BANG! After hours of work on that convoluted mess you get what we’re all aiming for, premature arthritis, a gut, and a flat butt!, which, as logic dictates, means what you’ve worked for is probably worth it!

Expect the Un-Expected, You can’t take me off guard! If I’m expecting to be taken off-guard! You don’t know me son!1!1… also I had to give a redo to some parts of the idea because it was kind of vaguely worded in hindsight? so you may want to give it a second look if you’re actually going with it? although it is essentially the same? so, you may actually not want to?

1 Like

Thanks for that, because I really am not feeling the ones we have.

1 Like

Yeah i agree is gets all the ezekiel vibes, expendable first elimination, is a kind of a neccesary role

3 Likes

Reality Shows are a great idea for a Hosted Game, the different alliances we could carve(you can already suggest an alliance to Olive and Elio at the end of the second chapter), the friendships and of course the heated romance that could arise all deserve our attention.

Will probably wait till it’s finished to dedicate my attention to the WIP but best of luck as I absolutely love the concept.

4 Likes

I love this so far!

“It’s a calculated risk,” You explain. “I’ve seen the other team, they’re not all jumping.”

That Courtney reference, I freakin love it.

7 Likes

I’ve always been interested in a survivor-esque IF and I’m very much looking forward to this project so far!

I am curious about one thing though: will we be able to romance members of the OPPOSITE team (aka the one you didn’t join), or are they off-limits?

3 Likes

I have so many small references like that scattered throughout the story haha. I’m excited to see how many people will catch.

Yes! Starting in chapter 4 you will be able to interact with members of the opposing team during downtime. Although some of them (namely Camilla) will be much harder to romance when not on the same team.

3 Likes

Gave the demo a playthrough, seems like a great game so far! Will definitely be on the lookout for new updates

1 Like

I love love Linus :sob: He feels like a combination of the weird characters from total drama island I adored growing up, a secret powerhouse that’d be overlooked for sure. He’s so funny and entertaining, I could listen to his wild ass stories for days- I would kiss his strange sea salty face after he hunted for fish with his bare (bear) hands for us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I greatly enjoy the vibes and how early you can pick up clues on who is useless and who you want on your side. It really puts you in the mindset of someone playing the reality show game (I immediately targeted Elio as my biggest threat, accepting the deal with him and the other boys knowing I could easily swing Linus and Chase to my side to turn on him later on (I can’t wait to seduce Chase into giving me all his team’s secret details, his weakness for hot people will be Elio’s downfall muahaha)) The characters bouncing off each other is also so fun to read and I just know I’m going to start to feel more melancholic the more that get eliminated haha

Hyped to play a friendly unassuming character the cast perceives as naive while being a secret mastermind. “I’m just here for the fame and friends!” while secretly pinning person A against person B in the background :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Good, no one should underestimate Elio:

1.- He is extremely involved.
2.- He has built a reputation for competence and reliability.
3.- He has implicitly positioned himself as the leader of the group.
4.- He has a penchant for keeping the group divided by openly highlighting others’ worst reputational aspects.
5.- He is secretly forming separate alliances with each member, ensuring none vote against him in exchange of being safe of his vote, with an implicit, though uncertain, understanding of additional benefits.
6.- In a sense, he doesn’t need to target others directly; by the rejection or end of alliances, he can isolate and effectively target them.

Given the 6 points, he makes for such an interesting character it is kind of difficult to not choose his team.

5 Likes

That was such a fun demo! I can’t wait to play more! Great idea and great execution.

3 Likes