Mermaid Hunters -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

Mermaid Hunters: A whimsical, quirky adventure to Shell Island to prove (or disprove!) the existence of the merfolk. Set in the world of Lucy Smokeheart.

Email me, jason AT choiceofgames for access. Please include your forumname. I would also prefer if you included your real name, but you don’t have to.

I will send you a link, a username, and a password. If you receive an access email and decide you can’t participate, LET ME KNOW, so I remove you from the testers pool; if you don’t let me know promptly, it will impact your future testing candidacy.

Return feedback TO ME. Preferably part of the same thread, rather than a new email.

I’m looking for “high level” and “low level” feedback. Not mid-level feedback.

Low-level = typos and continuity errors. A continuity error is when a character’s gender flips, or someone comes back from the dead, or you run into a plotline that just doesn’t make sense (because it’s probably a coding error).

For these low-level issues, SCREENSHOTS are VERY HELPFUL. If you see a problem, take a screenshot, or copy and paste the text that is in error, and email that. Also, the “BUG” button is great; but if you use BUG, make sure to say in your email who you are, so I can give you credit for the report.

“High level” feedback has to do with things like plot, pacing, and characters. “Scene A didn’t work for me because x, y, and z,” is useful feedback. “B character was entirely unsympathetic, because u, w, and v,” is also useful feedback.

“I had a great time and saw only a few spelling errors,” is not useful feedback. In fact, it’s the sort of thing that results in you not being given access to future betas.

3 Likes

Nothing can be proven, only disproven.

Isn’t disproving something just provided ing it false? Therefore in a since you are proving. Something?

@817819
New philosophy: nothing can be proven or disproven. For all you know this could all be an elaborate delusion.

Would it not be ‘illusion’

@SheaMcD, not if every one else who is experiencing it was imagined by you. You could be drooling from the floor of a mental hospital right now and thinking hmm, this doc guy seems pretty legit, when in fact nothing you know is what it is and every one you know and have ever met is a figment of your- and only your- imagination. Perhaps people aren’t actually a dominate species, perhaps stars don’t give off heat, perhaps the world out there is totally different, and you just think it’s all-new-all-different in a different sort of way. THIS is why I’m a paranoid person. Or so I suspect.

*edit- should probably stay on topic somewhat. For all I know I’m already a merfolk. Nailed it!

OK I was hoping for a “hey yea I meant that” or “no I meant delusion” but then you gave me a new perspective on life (thinks so hard that I’m not real and I disappear out of existence)

Sorry or you’re welcome, depending on the situation relevant to your possibly existent prior views

Hello, I sent you a email.

@Doctor You’ve been reading too much hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :laughing: (the average population of the universe is zero and anyone you meet must be a product of a deranged imagination)

@Jacic, funny, I do recall that part now that you mention it. It’s still a sound arguement in my book

1 Like

Some fixes uploaded.

Jasonstevenhill reads the last few comments and wonders what the heck people are talking about and how that conversation got onto a thread for feedback.

Naaah, he’s been at this long enough to know that betwenst the group of us, we have a collective attention span similar to that of Deadpool’s

3 Likes

New draft up!

New draft up!

… Does anyone else think this pattern is creepy?