The Dryad's Riddle (Complete)

I finished the last of the five main chapters. Just the epilogue and the artwork left to work on. :blush:

4 Likes

Oh, this seems pretty fun (and kinda cute too)!

1 Like

Finished the epilogue!

So thatā€™s the entire first draft of the game finished. All I need to do is make a few edits and improvements, finish the artwork, get a few people to play-test the game and Iā€™m all done! :blush:

4 Likes

Oh, nice! Looking forward to playong it!

1 Like

That certainly fast @Avery_Moore :astonished:

1 Like

It was a short epilogue. :blush:

2 Likes

So Iā€™m working on the final draft of the game right now and a thought occurred to me. Does the website require games to be spelled in the American way? Iā€™m British, so thereā€™s a few words we spell differently (colour, armour, humour, etc) Would I need to change those words to the American spelling or doesnā€™t it matter?

1 Like

There have been British games before (Neighborhood Necromancer comes to mind). As long as the spelling is consistent, it shouldnā€™t be a problem.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. Mine was published using UK english since I find it hard to write reliably in US english. I think the standard tends to be US english but itā€™s up to you for hosted games.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! :blush:

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been looking into it some more and decided that using the word ā€œdrowā€ to describe dark skinned, white haired elves probably isnā€™t a good idea after all. I have found other examples of drow depicted as elf-like creatures, but they all seem altered in some way from the D&D appearance. (For example, skylanders have ā€œdark elfā€ style drow, but they have a sort of greenish blue skin instead of black.)

To be safe, Iā€™ve decided to refer to them as ā€œsvartĆ”lfarā€, a creature from Norse mythology that literally translates to ā€œblack elvesā€.

4 Likes

Finished the final draft of the game! Could really use some beta testers to check for spelling and grammar errors and also offer advice on ways to improve the game. Anybody want to help? :blush:

3 Likes

:eyes:
You might want to put on your post, what kind of feedback youā€™re looking for beta test.

I mean, yeah ofc itā€™s should be about grammars and consistency, butā€¦ who knows.
Well, Iā€™d like to be your beta-tester, tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, fixed itā€¦ And thanks so much! Iā€™ll message you the link. :blush:

2 Likes

The Dryadā€™s Riddle is finished and has been submitted to Hosted Games. Yey! :blush:

7 Likes

I am racking my brain over the Gorgonā€™s riddle. Congrats.

2 Likes

You need to take the riddle REALLY literally :yum:

Yeah. It took me a while, and a LOT of run arounds, but I finished the demo without a single use of any assistance!

2 Likes

No! Uā€™re lying! I dun believe you! :rage:
How do you pass the ā€œvaseā€ pic riddle? Answer it and Iā€™ll believe what you said :point_up_2:

2 Likes

ā€œvase pic riddleā€ā€¦?

1 Like